A 64-bit version of the wxPython demo?

Bob Klahn

Mar 18, 2017, 10:15:26 PM3/18/17
to wxPython users
I have 64-bit wxPython on my Windows 7 PC. When will a 64-bit version
of the wxPython demo be available?

Bob

Boštjan Mejak

Mar 19, 2017, 12:50:14 AM3/19/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Demo is just code. If you run it with 64-bit Python and 64-bit wxPython, the demo will run in 64-bit.

> On 19 Mar 2017, at 03:15, Bob Klahn <bobk...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have 64-bit wxPython on my Windows 7 PC. When will a 64-bit version of the wxPython demo be available?
>
> Bob

Bob Klahn

Mar 19, 2017, 1:23:26 PM3/19/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought, but then why, at https://wxpython.org/download.php,  is "32" in the name of its installer (wxPython3.0-win32-docs-demos.exe)?

Bob

Vlastimil Brom

Mar 20, 2017, 8:09:09 AM3/20/17
to wxPython-users

> On 19 Mar 2017, at 03:15, Bob Klahn <bobk...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have 64-bit wxPython on my Windows 7 PC. When will a 64-bit version of
> the wxPython demo be available?
>
> Bob

Hi,
As suggested, you can just use the demo files without the installer;
they are available in a compressed archive file on the same download
page,
https://wxpython.org/download.php
Under:
Source Code and Other Tarballs
wxPython-demo ...

It could be ready just after unpacking, but I haven't used this source
form myself.
hth,
vbr