Anaconda packages for wxPython Phoenix, please test

Matt Newville

Mar 17, 2017, 6:16:22 PM3/17/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

Chris Barker and I have been working on making up-to-date Anaconda packages for wxPython and especially Phoenix using Robin's snapshot builds.  We think we have working packages made for wxPython Phoenix 3.0.3 for Anaconda Python 2.7 and Python 3.6 for 4 platforms: Win-32, Win-64, OSX-64, and Linux-64.

We're hoping to move these packages and their build scripts to "conda-forge", but for now, these packages are at https://anaconda.org/newville/wxpython-phoenix an can be installed with

   conda install -c newville wxpython-phoenix

If you have a chance, please test these installations and report back any issues you have at
https://github.com/PythonCHB/wxPython_conda_recipe

The packages for Windows and OSX should be robust, as the conda package simply fetches the latest binary snapshot.   For Linux, the situation is slightly more complicated, and we ended up compiling the package from the snapshot of the source tarball.   I built these packages on a Fedora machine, and only tested them on Fedora and Centos7.  It would be very helpful to hear reports of tests with Anaconda on other Linux distributions.

Thanks,

--Matt Newville

Umar Yusuf

Mar 18, 2017, 2:30:43 AM3/18/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
I got error while installing.

Inline image 1

My setup is: Python 3.5.1 |Anaconda 4.1.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jun 15 2016, 15:29:36) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

**************************************

*Wouldn't you rather do Business with us?  *
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any use of the email by you is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail immediately.

**************************************

www.BintaSMS.com <http://www.bintasms.com/>
www.BintaComputers.net <http://www.bintacomputers.net/>

wx3.PNG

Matt Newville

Mar 18, 2017, 9:45:48 AM3/18/17
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Umar Yusuf <bintaco...@gmail.com> wrote:
I got error while installing.

Inline image 1

My setup is: Python 3.5.1 |Anaconda 4.1.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jun 15 2016, 15:29:36) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

We have packages for Python 2.7 and 3.6, but not 3.5.

--Matt

Umar Yusuf

Mar 18, 2017, 2:30:05 PM3/18/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Ok

Toni Ruža

Mar 19, 2017, 4:35:41 AM3/19/17
to wxPython-users, newv...@cars.uchicago.edu
This is fantastic!  Thank you very much :)

Emad Dlala

Mar 19, 2017, 10:20:27 AM3/19/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is indeed a valuable contribution. I tried it with Anaconda 64 bit 2.7 version on Windows 7. It works!

Thank you!
Emad