wx.SpinCtrlDouble SetValue() processes an event (it is not supposed to do so)

Damien Ruiz

Aug 10, 2016, 2:57:22 PM8/10/16
to wxPython-users
Hi,

First of all, some context:

Using Ubuntu 16.04 (gtk 2.24.30-1ubuntu1 and 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.1 are installed) and wxPython 3.0.3.dev2295+a108359 gtk2 (phoenix).

In the docs, it is written that:

Notice that, unlike wx.TextCtrl.SetValue , but like most of the other setter methods in wxWidgets, calling this method does not generate any events as events are only generated for the user actions.

But it does generate an event. Is it a bug?

I went through spinctrl.cpp files (there are only gtk and gtk1 directories, not sure if that changes anything) and it seems the functions that disable events are called...

Damien Ruiz

Aug 15, 2016, 2:16:59 PM8/15/16
to wxPython-users
Hi,

Using SetLabel (inherited from wx.Control) instead of SetValue updates the value of the SpinCtrlDouble and does not generate an event.

Regards,

Damien

Scott Talbert

Aug 17, 2016, 11:55:39 PM8/17/16
to wxPython-users
That does look like a bug. I would report it on wxWidgets trac, though as
this isn't likely to be something specific to wxPython.