Where is 3d party libs now?

Chris Barker

Jul 7, 2017, 3:41:20 PM7/7/17
to wxpython-users, wxPython-dev
So to have been so far  ou tof the loop for so long -- but where are we managing 3rd party libs now?

It particular, floatcanvas...

Should I just manage it in the Phoenix repo? I can do PRs if you don't want me to have push permissions)

Or set up a totally separate project on gitHub?

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris....@noaa.gov

Robin Dunn

Jul 12, 2017, 2:19:10 PM7/12/17
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Chris Barker wrote:
> So to have been so far ou tof the loop for so long -- but where are
> we managing 3rd party libs now?
>
> It particular, floatcanvas...

The way we were mapping subrepos in from the 3rdParty part of the SVN
tree into the wxPython tree does not translate well to git, so
everything was moved from there to be directly in the wxPython repos
(wxPython Classic and Phoenix). The subrepos ended up being more of a
pain than it was worth, so I wasn't very sorry to see it go.

> Should I just manage it in the Phoenix repo? I can do PRs if you don't
> want me to have push permissions)

I prefer PRs, but I wouldn't mind adding you as a collaborator if you
would rather do it that way.

> Or set up a totally separate project on gitHub?

We could probably make that work too.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman