More about Ctrl+Enter issues

Andre Polykanine

Jul 17, 2015, 6:18:42 PM7/17/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I'm running WxPython 2.9.1.1 msw-unicode (the app I maintain is not
ready for Phoenix yet, sorry).
I had written about my issues with Ctrl+Enter earlier: a text box
seemed not to react upon pressing this combination in no way. I was
suggested to test if GetKeyCode() returned 10.
After some research I found that this `if` is never even reached.
Then I wrote a tiny test that pops up a dialog whenever you press a
key (see attached).
And, although wx.TE_PROCESS_ENTER is set, pressing Ctrl+Enter moves to
the next control (Close button in my case).
So how should I proceed to remain in the text box after pressing
Ctrl+Enter?
Thanks!

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

tjohnson

Jul 21, 2015, 1:41:53 PM7/21/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
I cannot reproduce this issue in wxPython 3.0.2.0 msw-unicode on Windows
8.1. When I run your test code and press Ctrl+Enter, the dialog in your
test code pops up as expected.

I would suggest updating your version of wxPython, since it seems like
this bug has been fixed. The classic 3.0.2.0 version is NOT the same
thing as Phoenix, so I would suggest to try it and see if it works.