gestaltSystemVersion

Neil Thornock

Aug 27, 2016, 8:43:21 AM8/27/16
to wxPython-users
My application fails with a gestaltSystemVersion error on Mac OS >= 10.10. I see that this error was accounted for in a wxWidgets fix to src/osx/cocoa/utils_base.mm.

So why, with a fresh install of wxpython, am I seeing the error? What am I doing wrong?

Steve Barnes

Aug 27, 2016, 9:16:24 AM8/27/16
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
> --

Neil,

Which version of wxpython did you install, with which version of python
and where did you install them from & how? - It is entirely possible
that some sources of wxPython do not include the fix that you were
talking about.
--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.

Neil Thornock

Aug 27, 2016, 9:24:33 AM8/27/16
to wxPython-users
Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. My software runs fine on my 10.9 machine. This morning I used a 10.11 machine with a brand new install of wxpython Classic -- the Mac dmg -- and the default Apple-provided version of Python (whichever is on 10.11).

I suppose I should build wxpython from source to see if that works. I'll try that and post again...