Undo/Redo framework for wxPython?

Emad Dlala

Jun 5, 2016, 1:07:28 AM6/5/16
to wxPython-users
Hi guys,

Anyone has done a program applying Undo/Redo functionality in wxPython? Any ideas/lesson that can be shared?

I need it especially for TreeCtrl item population but it's not restricted to. It seems that the Command command can be somewhat used for Umdo/Redo but I did not see any example.

Can anyone share insight if Command would be useful?

Thanks,
Emad

Peter Clarke

Jun 8, 2016, 9:11:20 PM6/8/16
to wxPython-users
I have recently developed a substantial app using wxPython that implements full undo/redo. Happy to share methodology and code if that would be helpful. Please email me via peterslistening -- gmail.

Emad Dlala

Jun 9, 2016, 1:46:34 PM6/9/16
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter. I'm sure it'll be useful to see your implementation.

I have also done my implementation that was inspired by an example found online. It's attached. It works great and can be used for global command Undo/Redo manager.

x_UNDO_5.py