Py3, wx3.0.3 and Boa Constructor

Ray S

Apr 15, 2015, 4:04:32 PM4/15/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
After doing some other porting with Phoenix snapshots, decided to try starting a Boa conversion.
(The links at
http://wiki.wxpython.org/Boa%20Constructor
are
now out of date - for some time.) The new main Boa maintainer is Chaiwat Suttipongsakul, on Bitbucket
https://bitbucket.org/cwt/boa-constructor/overview
, and he could probably use some help with a new Boa version for 3*.
I'll help where I can, but others here may well be better than I.
He already made a new push https://bitbucket.org/cwt/boa-constructor/commits/7dda5068e63d60cc5f13e69e239125c09e740313

Along with this could be additional 2to3.py extras for porting wxPython code. I'll try to make note of the manual changes needed after running 2to3.py

- Ray

Marian

Apr 15, 2015, 11:39:11 PM4/15/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Marian
"La función de un buen software es hacer que lo complejo aparente ser simple " Grady Booch
____________________________

fir...@firemail.cc

Jun 5, 2017, 10:05:22 AM6/5/17
On 15.04.2015 22:04, Ray S wrote:
> After doing some other porting with Phoenix snapshots, decided to try
> starting a Boa conversion.
> (The links at
> http://wiki.wxpython.org/Boa%20Constructor
> are now out of date - for some time.) The new main Boa maintainer is
> Chaiwat Suttipongsakul <https://bitbucket.org/cwt>, on Bitbucket
> https://bitbucket.org/cwt/boa-constructor/overview, and he could
> probably use some help with a new Boa version for 3*.
> I'll help where I can, but others here may well be better than I.
> He already made a new push
> https://bitbucket.org/cwt/boa-constructor/commits/7dda5068e63d60cc5f13e69e239125c09e740313

Excellent ! I put a note in the original repo at sourceforge, so fewer
people will get frustrated with Boa.

In Linux, the old debugger did not work anymore :-( but
the bitbucket version has it FIXED :-)