frame.Raise() and py2app not playing well together

David Woods

Aug 2, 2016, 10:49:36 AM8/2/16
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone can recreate this problem and if there's
a solution.

I've attached a very simple example. The program opens three windows
and provides a menu that allows you to switch between the windows.

It runs fine from source, but when I build it with py2app on OS X, the
desired windows receive focus on menu selection but sometimes fail to
come to the front when requested. That is to say, Raise() doesn't
work. Sometimes. Not 100% of the time, which is maddening, but most of
the time.

If I have just run the program from source code within python through
Terminal, I see this failure in the built app 100% of the time. I have
not been able to find any reliable way to avoid the problem. I
occasionally see that the program works, but I have no idea why because
it fails most of the time.

I only see this problem on OS X, not WIndows. I have not tested Linux.

OS: Mac OS X 10.10.5

Python: 2.7.10 (64-bit)

wxPython: 3.0.2.0

py2app 0.9