Missing wxversion when using matplotlib with wxPhoenix (Python3)

c.b...@posteo.jp

Jul 17, 2015, 12:23:36 AM7/17/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
I want to use `matplotlib` with `wxPython` (more concret: `wxPhoenix`)
in `Python3`. But the code below doesn't work because of missing
`wxversion`.

#!/usr/bin/env python3
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import wx
import matplotlib
from matplotlib.backends.backend_wxagg import FigureCanvasWxAgg

There is no Ubuntu-package `python3-wxversion`, no `pip3`-package.
btw: With Python2 I can import `wxversion`.
I used the `matplotlib` from Ubuntu-Repository (`1.3.1`) and the
upgraded one with pip3.

How can I install `wxversion` for Python3 and why is that missing?

I am using `wxPython-Phoenix (3.0.3.dev1820+49a8884)`.

Werner

Jul 17, 2015, 1:45:18 AM7/17/15
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
There were many other issues with mpl and wxPython Phoenix, there is a
PR https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/3421 which was merged
in May, but I am not sure if there has been a release of mpl since
then. I think it is in 1.5dev1, but not sure, please check with the mpl
devs.

Werner

c.b...@posteo.jp

Jul 17, 2015, 8:23:11 AM7/17/15
On 2015-07-17 07:45 Werner <wern...@gmx.ch> wrote:
> I think it is in 1.5dev1, but not sure, please check
> with the mpl devs.

Thanks for the hint.
Do you know a way to install such dev-Versions with pip?
I am almost not so familar with that.