wx.media - on Mac use Quicktime 10

kevjwells

Jun 11, 2016, 1:18:37 AM6/11/16
to wxPython-users
Hi, I am using wx.media on both Python 2.7 and 3.5.1 (wx.python and Phoenix) and all is working OK, but a lot of my files are mp4 and while Quicktime 7 plays them, some of the larger files play quite sluggishly and I think the Quicktime 7 engine is being used. I have both Quicktime 7 and Quicktime 10 installed (I am on Mac 10.11.4). If I play the same file in the standard Quicktime 10 which comes with every mac install these days, it plays extremely smoothly. So my question is.....
Is there anyway to 'force' wx.media to use Quicktime 10 instead of Quicktime 7, I have tried specifying using 'szBackend=wx.media.MEDIABACKEND_QUICKTIME', but it still uses the Quicktime 7 engine.

Kind regards.