wxClipboard bug in wxOSX 3.1.3

Andrew Trevorrow

Oct 31, 2019, 11:12:21 PM10/31/19
to wx-dev
After building my app with wxOSX 3.1.3 on Mac OS 10.14.6 I noticed that I could no longer copy
any text to the clipboard.  The same problem is easy to reproduce in the text sample:

- Select some text (in any of the various text boxes).

- Go to the Clipboard menu and select Copy.
The log window says "Successfully copied data to the clipboard".

- Open the Clipboard menu and you'll see a disabled Paste item.
This is because the clipboard is empty, which can be verified by
switching to the Finder and selecting Edit > Show Clipboard.

I'm building wxOSX and my app with these settings:

../configure --enable-unicode --disable-shared --with-osx_cocoa --with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --disable-mediactrl

I didn't see this bug in previous 3.1.x versions so presumably it's
due to the recent changes in src/osx/carbon/clipbrd.cpp.

Andrew

Igor Korot

Oct 31, 2019, 11:35:39 PM10/31/19
to wx-dev
Hi,
This is a known problem.
It has been fixed post-3.1.3.

Check the commit log on github for more details.

Thank you.

> Andrew

Andrew Trevorrow

Nov 1, 2019, 1:49:25 AM11/1/19
to wx-dev
> It has been fixed post-3.1.3.

Excellent -- thanks!

Andrew

Stefan Csomor

Nov 1, 2019, 5:20:50 PM11/1/19
to wx-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew

>After building my app with wxOSX 3.1.3 on Mac OS 10.14.6 I noticed that I could no longer copy

>any text to the clipboard.  The same problem is easy to reproduce in the text sample:

could you please test with this change:

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/1623/commits

Thanks,

Stefan

Andrew Trevorrow

Nov 2, 2019, 6:39:38 PM11/2/19
to wx-dev

Yep, applying those changes fixes the bug.

Andrew

Thanks,

Stefan