Android toolchain

jaimini tapas

Mar 4, 2012, 11:54:58 PM3/4/12
to WS4D-gSOAP Development, elmar...@uni-rostock.de
hi elmar,
First of all i would like to show my sincere gratitude for your
timely replies for my questions in forum of ws4d gsoap and also
through mail. Finally i have completed my project using ws4d gsoap.
Presently i am using ws4d gsoap 0.8, Gsoap 2.7.13 and cmake 2.8.6 . I
want to port my working project to Android. Is it possible to Port
using all the mentioned versions of ws4d n gsoap. which NDK version
supports these versions . and also i went through this link "http://
trac.e-technik.uni-rostock.de/projects/ws4d-gsoap/wiki/AndroidNDK" it
says work in progress and which which "android.ndk .cmake " file i
should use. I followed the above mentioned link.But its throwing lot
of errors.can you please guide me to port the project to Android.
please give some comprehensive thoughts on this Android Toolchain.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jaimini

jaimini tapas

Mar 4, 2012, 11:55:30 PM3/4/12
to WS4D-gSOAP Development, elmar...@uni-rostock.de

Smitha K B

Mar 7, 2012, 3:27:49 AM3/7/12
to WS4D-gSOAP Development
hello everyone,
I m also not able to port it to Android. Same issue as jaimini also
facing.Anyone knows about it. Any help is really appreciated.

Regards
Smitha

Elmar Zeeb

Mar 8, 2012, 11:35:42 AM3/8/12
to ws4d-gs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Smitha and Jaimini,

i checked the android toolchain. So I updated the android toolchain file
and android related issues in the subversion trunk. You can find a
description how to set up everything at
http://trac.e-technik.uni-rostock.de/projects/ws4d-gsoap/wiki/AndroidNDK. I
tested it with ndk version r7b. I recommend this ndk version, as google
fixed the wide char support. So no changes to gsoap are required! I
didn't test with version 0.8.

Regards,
Elmar

jaimini tapas

Mar 9, 2012, 1:59:42 AM3/9/12
to WS4D-gSOAP Development
hi elmar,
thanks for your precious reply. Now i am able build and install ws4d
for android.
Then i tried to build example in ws4d-gsoap-install directory.but its
throwing following errors. Can you please tell me what is wrong ???
CMake Warning (dev) at /mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:85 (INCLUDE):
File /mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
includes
/home/jai/mtom/ws4d-gsoap-0.8.src/ws4d-gsoap-install/share/doc/ws4d-
gSOAP/xop/cmake-modules/FindPackageMessage.cmake
(found via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
/mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageMessage.cmake. This
may
cause errors later on .

Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module
directory
when including from there. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for
policy
details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and
suppress this
warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:156 (INCLUDE)
CMakeLists.txt:60 (FIND_PACKAGE)
This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at /mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/mnt/cmake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:157
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
CMakeLists.txt:60 (FIND_PACKAGE)

thanks and regards
jaimini

jaimini tapas

Mar 12, 2012, 5:59:41 AM3/12/12
to ws4d-gs...@googlegroups.com
hi elmar,
 finally i am able to build it for android . thanks alot
Regards
jaimini