JMX reloadCache() or reloadModel() error

23 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

pillowwalk

da leggere,
30 giu 2010, 11:14:2030/06/10
a wro4j
Hi,

When I try to execute reloadCache() or reloadModel() from JConsole, I
get the following error:

Problem invoking reloadCache : java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in
server thread; nested exception... java.lang.ThreadDeath

Everything else works fine. I have not used JConsole or JMX before, so
if anything additional is required, do let me know.

I have the following configuration on a Glassfish v 2.1 server:

<filter>
<filter-name>WebResourceOptimizer</filter-name>
<filter-class>
ro.isdc.wro.http.WroFilter
</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>configuration</param-name>
<param-value>development</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>gzipResources</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>cacheUpdatePeriod</param-name>
<param-value>5</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>modelUpdatePeriod</param-name>
<param-value>5</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>WebResourceOptimizer</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/wro/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Thanks
Sunny

Alex Objelean

da leggere,
30 giu 2010, 15:19:5930/06/10
a wro4j
That's strange, because I use the JMX console pretty often and invoke
those two operations. Maybe this is related to glassfish or something
else. I'll investigate this.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Regards,
Alex

Alex Objelean

da leggere,
30 giu 2010, 16:55:1030/06/10
a wro4j
Could you also specify the wro4j version you are using when getting
this error? Also, please confirm if you can reproduce the error also
with the latest version (1.2.8).
Thanks!

On Jun 30, 6:14 pm, pillowwalk <sunny.sax...@gmail.com> wrote:

Alex Objelean

da leggere,
2 lug 2010, 11:23:5502/07/10
a wro4j
I have no experience with glassfish 2.1, but I managed to deploy a
sample application on glassfish 3 with the same wro4j configuration as
yours and everything worked flawlessly.
Could you please try to deploy your application in other server than
glassfish 2.1 (tomcat, jetty or glassfish 3) and tell me if you still
get the same error? I am trying to isolate the problem, to be sure
that this is related to servlet container or maybe it is something
specific to your application.

Thanks!
Alex

On Jun 30, 6:14 pm, pillowwalk <sunny.sax...@gmail.com> wrote:

pillowwalk

da leggere,
22 lug 2010, 14:39:2522/07/10
a wro4j
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes it seems to happen on Glassfish 2.1. Since my application is
optimized to work under Glassfish 2.1 I have to use that only. I ran
command line JMX and got this full stack trace.

> java -jar cmdline-jmxclient-0.10.3.jar admin:password localhost:8686 wro4j-ui:type=WroConfiguration reloadCache
Exception in thread "main" javax.management.RuntimeErrorException:
java.lang.ThreadDeath
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.rethrow(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:
879)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.rethrowMaybeMBeanException(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:
890)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:
859)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:795)
at
com.sun.enterprise.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:
178)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:
1449)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access
$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:90)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl
$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1284)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:
1382)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:
807)
at
57)
at
43)
at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:322)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:173)
at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:
553)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:808)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:667)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:
1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:
273)
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
251)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector
$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(RMIConnector.java:1001)
at org.archive.jmx.Client.doBeanOperation(Client.java:520)
at org.archive.jmx.Client.doSubCommand(Client.java:326)
at org.archive.jmx.Client.doBean(Client.java:282)
at org.archive.jmx.Client.execute(Client.java:242)
at org.archive.jmx.Client.main(Client.java:154)
Caused by: java.lang.ThreadDeath
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:
1411)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
336)
at
ro.isdc.wro.config.jmx.WroConfiguration.reloadCacheWithNewValue(WroConfiguration.java:
119)
at
ro.isdc.wro.config.jmx.WroConfiguration.reloadCache(WroConfiguration.java:
106)
at
57)
at
43)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:
111)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:
45)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:
226)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:251)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:
857)
[...]

22 lug 2010, 15:02:1222/07/10
a wro4j
First of all, I was curious if your application works flawlessly when
using different container (just to be sure that this issue is related
to servlet container and not to your application configuration).

Could you help me with some hints about how to deploy a sample
application in glassfish 2.1? I have no experience with that.

Thanks!
Alex
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanInt rospector.java:
> 111)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanInt rospector.java:
> 45)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:
> 226)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:251)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanSe rverInterceptor.java:
> 857)
>         at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:795)
>         at
> com.sun.enterprise.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor .java:
> 178)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl .java:
> 1449)
>         at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access
> $200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:90)
>         at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl
> $PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1284)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConn ectionImpl.java:
> 1382)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java :
> 807)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
> 57)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp l.java:

pillowwalk

da leggere,
24 lug 2010, 02:51:0224/07/10
a wro4j
Just download glassfish 2.1 and deploy the sample hello world app.
instructions @ http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4334/geyvr?a=view

Let me know if you need any specific hint here.

Thanks a ton Alex, wro4j has helped me simplify and give structure to
a huge JS intensive application.
Sunny

> read more »

pillowwalk

da leggere,
29 lug 2010, 05:31:1729/07/10
a wro4j
Hi,

I tested my application on Glassfish v3.0.1 and the JMX calls work
fine!.

So I guess the problem is with Glassfish v2.1 or some setting on it. I
would have just moved to v3.0.1, but it ain't production ready yet.

Thanks
Sunny

On Jul 24, 11:51 am, pillowwalk <sunny.sax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just download glassfish 2.1 and deploy the sample hello world app.
> instructions @http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4334/geyvr?a=view
>
> read more »

pillowwalk

da leggere,
30 lug 2010, 16:55:1630/07/10
a wro4j
Hi,

I downloaded the latest Glassfish Open Source Edition v 2.1.1 and now
it all works fine!!!!

Sunny

> read more »

Alex Objelean

da leggere,
30 lug 2010, 17:06:4930/07/10
a wro4j
Glad to hear that!
The error you have reported is very strange. I cannot explain why
glassfish 2.1 has this problem, but it is nice to hear that it was
fixed. Anyway, I'm not sure there was any solution for making it work
with glassfish 2.1.

Thanks for letting know about your experience!

Alex

> read more »
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore