ConfigurableWroManagerFactory kills m2e-wtp generated files

perform...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 3:04:43 PM5/19/15
to wr...@googlegroups.com
When I add

<wroManagerFactory>ro.isdc.wro.maven.plugin.manager.factory.ConfigurableWroManagerFactory</wroManagerFactory>

to my pom.xml, the Wro4j generated files that would normally appear under "Deployed Resources" in the Eclipse Java EE perspective, disappear.

Without this line, I see "webapp" and "web-resources" under "Deployed Resources"; with it, that directory level is gone and all the contents of "webapp" appear directly under "Deployed Resources".

Alex Objelean

May 19, 2015, 3:16:59 PM5/19/15
to wr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the wroManagerFactory is agnostic of the tools it is used with. The only difference between that manager and the default one is the way processors and locators are configured. The outcome should be the same, the bundled group resources should be copied to a folder (target/wro - by default, or the configured one).

If you still believe there is a problem, create a sample project which I could use to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Alex

perform...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 9:54:52 PM5/19/15
to wr...@googlegroups.com
Mrrrgh.... OK, now I'm getting a different result.

If I
  1. add that line
  2. menu click on the project > "Maven" > "Update Project..." with "Update dependencies", "Update project config...", "Refresh workspace...", and "Clean projects" checked
then "web-resources" is present under "Deployed Resources", and my JS directory, normally empty, has generated files for each group consisting of an empty IIFE:

(function() {

}).call(this);

The contents of "web-resources" appear to be from target/m2e-wtp/web-resources.

If I remove the line and do (2) above, the directory layer disappears from under "Deployed Resources" (Yes, opposite of what I first described!), and the JS directory is empty, but target/m2e-wtp/web-resources is still present (with the generated CSS files). It is odd, though, that while the project is updating, the "webapp" and "web-resources" directories do briefly appear under "Deployed Resources".

The difference from my original post appears to be due to the way I update: If I add the line, then go to the "Markers" window, under "Maven Problems" choose "Quick Fix" on the problem, the directory level is missing.

Sometimes. It's really indeterminate. At least I see no pattern to it.

The only consistent behavior is that target/m2e-wtp/web-resources is always present, and the JS files only appear with the ConfigurableWroManagerFactory. Neither of which is relevant to the problem.

Performant Data LLC

May 20, 2015, 3:17:27 AM5/20/15
to wr...@googlegroups.com
I think I "solved" the problem. Refresh the project, then the missing directory level shows up.

Typical Eclipse....