BASIC runtime error, Object variable not set

Javier Plumey

Aug 5, 2010, 9:21:06 AM8/5/10
to WriterTools
Trying to use most of the macros in WriterTools produces a runtime
error (BASIC runtime error, Object variable not set). For example,
trying to use the Visual Count bombs out on the following line:

NumericField1=Dialog.GetControl("NumericField1").setValue(CurrentCount)

I've removed the extension and re-installed with no luck. Any thoughts?

Dmitri Popov

Aug 5, 2010, 9:25:30 AM8/5/10
to write...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Which version of Writer's Tools do you use? What platform? Which
version of OpenOffice.org?

Best regards,
Dmitri
---
@dmpop | linux-magazine.com/productivitysauce | stores.lulu.com/writertools

Javier Plumey

Aug 5, 2010, 10:42:47 AM8/5/10
to WriterTools
Sorry I left out the obvious.

I downloaded the tools today, so, 1.7.5.
This is on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
OpenOffice 3.2.0

Sorry about that.

Dmitri Popov

Aug 5, 2010, 10:51:08 AM8/5/10
to write...@googlegroups.com
Strange, I use the very same setup and I can't reproduce the problem.
Try to delete the hidden .openoffice.org folder in your home directory
and reinstall the extension. Let me know the result.

Javier Plumey

Aug 20, 2010, 9:06:20 AM8/20/10
to WriterTools
I deleted the hidden folder and re-installed but I'm still getting the
error.

How can I check the value of these variables? I don't know which
object it's complaining about: the NumericField1 object or the object
that results from Dialog.GetControl.

Just to check and see if CurrentCount gets populated, I used that as
the text in the dialog and it correctly shows the word count.

The dialog does exist in the library. I opened it up and I can see the
text fields. For some reason the OpenDialog function isn't returning
an object reference. TheDialog might be an empty reference?