multisite issues: image links and admin

Steve Colthorp

Mar 13, 2014, 11:16:42 PM3/13/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
WPGR,

I have a client running 5 sites from: http://miadventureracing.com/ -- the sub-sites are all showing as broken image links.

The only thing I can think of that was different between the sites functioning properly and not working now is an update to the plugin: NEXTgen Gallery by Photocrati . . . which wasn't even Activated.

I've submitted a ticket at: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-update-took-website-down?replies=10#post-5339431 if you have any interest in helping me troubleshoot the issues I'm having with image links on the front end and styles in the admin/ backend... Thanks in advance!

Steve C.
3Cstudio

Luke Rumley

Mar 14, 2014, 12:31:22 AM3/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
Dude, I've had this happen. And I don't remember exactly what helped, or if I really ever nailed it down. It might have been permalinks. Worth going in and resaving those. It definitely had tonl do with URL rewrites for that /files/ path going to /blogs.dir/number/. Wish I could remember – I spent many hours hunting it down.

Luke Rumley
Web Developer

David Damstra

Mar 14, 2014, 8:36:31 AM3/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
Oooh, I love MI Adventure Racing...

If you look in the file system, what is the URL for this image supposed to be?
(for example)

Did the media upload folder URL get changed?

Steve Colthorp

Mar 14, 2014, 3:09:44 PM3/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
Gents, and WPGR peeps at large,

I figured out what the issue was... it is a recent upgrade to the server's nginx config. I noted that when I right-clicked on images that were missing to see what the error was -- sure enough, the error included "nginx" in its verbiage. I confirmed that with Topher when I ran it past him and he said "Oh! I had that happen before too on another setup for multisite." :)

So, thanks for the responses -- I think we're good now. David, MiAR is getting some facelifts this year... so there will be even more to love about Mi. Adventure Racing!