Using WordPress for Rental Property Booking

Brad Chandonnet

Jan 14, 2014, 9:57:29 AM1/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I'm researching WordPress options for rental property booking.  The site is basically going to showcase different properties and allow the visitor to check availability and make reservations.  A payment will also need to be collected.  I've built many ecommerce sites on WordPress, but this one is a bit specialized.

I know there are several themes and plugins out there. I'm just wondering if anyone has gone down this road and may have some advice.

Thanks for any help!

Brad

Topher

Jan 14, 2014, 9:59:15 AM1/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
There's probably something out there that does all this, but maybe not.
If I were building it I'd grab a Realty plugin for selling homes, and
tweak it.

I'd bet a lot that Easy Digital Downloads would do everything you need
for the sales componant.

topher

Steve Colthorp

Jan 14, 2014, 2:14:43 PM1/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
... and (to piggy-back on Topher's E.D.D. reference) maybe you gather the pertinent reservation/rental information through Gravity Forms, which is highly customizable & has many Add-Ons for enhanced custom forms, and integrates well with a few different e-com setups. For example, I'm presently setting up G.F. to provide a client with floral arrangement delivery details & take $10 for that delivery. Then, while that form's info fields are compiled and sent to the client, the checkout is done via Paypal & includes 6% Mi. sales tax as well.

So, with Paypal's limitations, I can give the client all the pertinent delivery information & card message text, etc. via G.F., letting Paypal do only what it is known for -- capture funds.

Chad Warner

Jan 14, 2014, 4:54:19 PM1/14/14
to wp...@googlegroups.com
Brad, I briefly used Appointments + for a site where people needed to reserve and pay for blocks of time. I've also heard good things from this group about BirchPress Scheduler Pro and Event Organiser, but I haven't used them.

Let us know what you end up using.

Chad Warner | OptimWise | WordPress Web Design | http://optimwise.com