MTS mail

Darrell

Jan 29, 2010, 12:22:51 PM1/29/10
What's with MTS telling customers that they have to switch their mail
server to pop3.live.com (or something similar) Sounds like an MSN
address. Does anyone know anything about this? Friend of mine needs
help.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Iowna Uass

Jan 29, 2010, 2:15:38 PM1/29/10

> It's MSN Hotmail, same as Shaw is doing.

wtf?
I'm not picking up what you are laying down here.
Shaw's servers haven't changed for as long as I can remember. And if they
did, they kept their addressing the same.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Clueless Newbie

Jan 30, 2010, 12:35:50 AM1/30/10
"Myhome" <myh...@mts.net> wrote in message

> Call and ask them outright if thats what they did, you'll be surprised
> at the answer

You're on fucking drugs. Shaw's email is handled by their own server farm as
it always has been since the IP/ISP's that formed @home group was disbanded
a decade ago. Their newsgroups are also still handled by that same Shaw
server farm, except that that portion of it is now a high winds media mirror
site rather than the NG's being administered separately by Shaw staff..

MTS is partnered (read owned) by Bell, partnered with M$'s Live network and
provides all the internet to telephone services and users have to pay extra
for it, be it local or long distance.

Where the fuck do you get off continually using inuendo about Shaw and it's
services when you don't know the first fucking thing about it, and never
have. While Shaw may not be a model of perfection, they've always been very
up front with their internet subscribers about all changes, and they have no
intention of discontinuing newsgroups, or altering e-mail. so fuck off and
die you senile cockroach.

Wizard Of Oz

Jan 30, 2010, 1:32:29 PM1/30/10

As the others have said it IS M$. If you don't want to use it then my
suggestion is to login to GMail (once) to set up an account. While there
enable POP3 or IMAP and get your mail through your regular e-mail
program. This way you have all the advantages of your favourite program
and none of the hassles of using a web interface more than once. Plus if
you move to another ISP you don't have to mess around with creating new
accounts all over the place.

Later
Mike

robert roberts

Jan 30, 2010, 10:41:12 PM1/30/10

"Wizard Of Oz" <Wiz...@EmaraldCity.Gov> wrote in message
I've been using it this way for the past 3 years.

Heath

Jan 31, 2010, 10:59:32 AM1/31/10
You need to calm down, holy shit bud.

"Clueless Newbie" <clueles...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Wizard Of Oz

Jan 31, 2010, 1:32:07 PM1/31/10
Yeah but others may not know it is possible. It's not exactly drawn to
their attention. As an alternative to MSN or Shaw it is pretty good.

Later
Mike

homepc

Jan 31, 2010, 6:43:44 PM1/31/10

"Darrell" <darr...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

http://www.mts.ca/portal/site/mts/menuitem.c5a4913ffc7f8abaa66d2523408021a0/?vgnextoid=5858e7392b083210VgnVCM1000002a040f0aRCRD

Follow the instructions. They haven't contacted me to change over my MTS
email account yet, but I used the instructions to revive my old hotmail
account so I can access it through Outlook Express again.

homepc

Jan 31, 2010, 6:51:13 PM1/31/10

"homepc" <wieb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.piurl.com/p/22iw

Follow these instructions to add your old hotmail account back to OE.

Dave S

Jan 31, 2010, 9:59:28 PM1/31/10
Has anyone been told when the deadline is - When will MTS mail servers
disappear?

I have created a gmail account, but so far have not instructed my
contacts to begin using it.

Dave S.

homepc

Jan 31, 2010, 11:28:27 PM1/31/10
Perhaps they are changing over the most recently opened accounts and working
backward. We have had our email address for quite a few years already, and
have yet to be notified.

"Dave S" <MNa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

J�m ���� -����

Feb 1, 2010, 12:04:56 AM2/1/10

"Heath" <heath...@mts.net> wrote in message

> You need to calm down, holy shit bud.

No, actually he doesn't. Stu Pickle is a notorious know-it-all idjit ... I
wouldn't have been near as kind had I responded directly to Stu.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Iowna Uass

Feb 1, 2010, 10:19:05 AM2/1/10

> BTW... Do you work for shaw? I've been told by one of their techs that
> "we changed over before MTS, it's so much cheaper than running our own
> servers". Now why would he tell me that, unless it was true.
> Everyone on here should know that they can change over and you'd never
> know it happened.

So what you are saying then is shaw outsourced their mail and news servers.
If they did, they did it the smart way without causing grief for the user
base.
I've been a shaw subscriber since the videon days and I've only had one
hiccup.... That's when shaw acquired videon.

Other than that, nothing but net.

MTS on the other hand has put users through all sorts of crap.

Message has been deleted

Darrell

Feb 2, 2010, 8:56:39 AM2/2/10
In article <4B664390...@gmail.com>, Dave S <MNa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Heard from a friend she was advised it would be effective April 1, 2010

some guy

Feb 2, 2010, 7:52:06 PM2/2/10

> BTW... Do you work for shaw? I've been told by one of their techs that
> "we changed over before MTS, it's so much cheaper than running our own
> servers". Now why would he tell me that, unless it was true.

One of their techs, as in one of the contracted installers?
If so, then there is no reason to believe that he has any clue about
anything beyond the wires going into your house. And then only just.

It's just as likely that he's spouting off to pretend that he has a clue.

Like 75% of what you read on Usenet.

Message has been deleted

Frosty

Feb 3, 2010, 2:39:34 PM2/3/10
Well didnt take long b4 there was a bug up. Wouldnt send out one of my msg's
b4 logging back into live.com mail. Something about confirming identity.
Nice.

Me

Feb 5, 2010, 1:23:25 PM2/5/10
Myhome wrote:
> wrote:
>

> I was told this morning that all MTS users will be migrated over to
> live.com (hotmail) by the end of April, as well the webmail will be
> gone by that time as well. The tech told me that I could use any one
> of free email sites, Yahoo, Gmail, and others but they'd like us to
> use their branded email (mts.net).

I have my own domain and use hosted mail servers, so there is no mts.net
or mymts.net email coming from me. However, MTS is blocking all of my
attempts to use my own smtp server. I can use the Microsoft live one to
send mail (which I do) or I can use Google's gmail server (which I do as
well), but I cannot connect to my own domain's SMTP...

Myhome

Feb 5, 2010, 1:35:45 PM2/5/10

Who are you hosted with, because I also have my own domain and have no
problem sending or receiving mail. Although I have not switched to the
mymts.net off of live.com
Luckily I can use the hosting companys webmail so hopefully I won't
have domain issues.

Frosty

Feb 5, 2010, 1:38:59 PM2/5/10
And again today. Time to call and bitch.

"Frosty" <frostyw...@mts.net> wrote in message

Rolling Thunder

Feb 5, 2010, 2:54:24 PM2/5/10
Me wrote:

> Myhome wrote:
>
> I have my own domain and use hosted mail servers, so there is no mts.net
> or mymts.net email coming from me. However, MTS is blocking all of my
> attempts to use my own smtp server. I can use the Microsoft live one to
> send mail (which I do) or I can use Google's gmail server (which I do as
> well), but I cannot connect to my own domain's SMTP...

Doesn't your host server have an alternate port? Mine does, through
Dreamhost.

Rapman

Feb 6, 2010, 9:43:31 PM2/6/10

it seems MTS is on it's way out of the internet business

the dump the news server and now the E-mail
whats next they tell you have to buy a computer built by them and no
other will work on there system ?