Simple Downloads

Benjamin J. Balter

Jan 7, 2013, 3:55:02 PM1/7/13
to wp-documen...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't already, you should check out "Simple Downloads", which is an add-on plugin for WP Document Revisions by David Decker. From the readme:

Want to offer public file downloads? Just use "WP Document Revisions" plus this little add-on plugin! This small and lightweight add-on plugin just adds a few specific additions to the awesome WPDR base plugin which does all the heavy lifting for you!

For my own projects I needed a new but robust and future-proof plugin with a custom post type solution to replace an old, unsupported download counter plugin. With its many benefits I wanted WPDR as a base foundation for that. Now, that I've finally found my solution, I hope it may help you as well :-).

Link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpdr-simple-downloads/

If you've built a plugin or add on for Document Revisions, would love to include it in the Code Cookbook (https://github.com/benbalter/WP-Document-Revisions-Code-Cookbook). Shoot me an e-mail?

- Ben