World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 2/27 REMINDER TO VOTE!

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 27, 2015, 9:45:40 AM2/27/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

FRIDAY 2/27 PLEASE REMEMBR TO VOTE BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.    Sorry about the spacing on some posts.  I can't figure out why it does it.  I fix it when I have time but I didn't have time today.

Subject ;- Which Dance
Caro...@embarqmail.com

We had a vote at my Sunday class and this is the

result>>

I Taught 2 dances to same track Sugar by Maroon 5
The first one was Sweetness
32 count Chored' Steve Lescarbeau +-Dancin Dean
Sorry but this 32 count got thumbs down and they

sat down

The second 64 count Chored' Mike Hitchen
Was asked to Dance 3 times ---
And the Vote was unanimous YES
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/need-a-

little-sweetness-ID102724.aspx
So this is one We will dance --There should be a

video out shortly
Theres always room for floor splits
*********************
SUBJECT:  BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP,
DANVILLE, VA ON MARCH 7
FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Please join Sue Ann Ehmann and myself for a one-

day beginner line dance workshop at the Ballou Rec

Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville, VA.  The

workshop is geared toward dancers who are already

familiar

with basic line dance steps and terminology who

want to learn fun, new dances ranging from  Ultra

Beginner to High Beginner levels.   Workshop is from

10 to 5 with an hour break for lunch and open

dancing from 4 to 5.  Registration is at 9:30.  Cost is

$15  in advance; $18 at the door and includes a step

booklet.   This will be a fun workshop with dances

that will be new to you  and lots of review so you

actually remember the dances when you leave.

Instructors, please come and learn some new

dances to share with your classes!!

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to

preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us

If you have any questions about the workshop itself,

please email me.

*******************************

SUBJECT:  DANVILLE DANCE INVITATIONAL WITH

JOEY WARREN, DANVILLE, VA, MARCH 13-15.

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

JOEY IS CHOREOGRAPHING A NEW DANCE FOR THIS

EVENT!!  Be among the first to learn it!!

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join guest

instructor Joey Warren at the Danville Dance

Invitational, Ballou Rec Center, 760 West Main Street

in Danville, VA.  Instructor Bonnie Mathews will be

sharing the teaching duties and Sue Ann Ehmann

will be teaching you a dance or two as well.  Your dj

for the weekend is Mary Kaye Johnson.  The level for

the workshop is intermediate and above.  The event

starts on Friday night with a "Meet & Greet"  upstairs

at the Rec Center.  Cost is $5 and is from 7 to 10 p.m.

  The workshop begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday and

goes until 5 p.m.  (Registration  begins at 9:30 a.m.)

The cost is $35 in advance or $45 at the door.

There will be a break for lunch and there are several

restaurants across the street--or you may bring you

own.  After dinner, we all come back and dance from

7 to 10 p.m.  Sunday is "anything goes" day with

more advanced dances being taught then.  Time is

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.  This is a very laid back, relaxed

workshop and we always have a great time and

learn some wonderful dances!!    Host hotel is The

Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Tower Drive, Danville.

Phone:  (434) 793-2000.  Must mention the Danville

Dance Invitational for the $85 (+ tax) rate.

Please contact Cindy Jones at (434) 799-5216 to

preregister or email her at jon...@ci.danville.va.us

If you have any questions about the workshop itself,

please to email me.
*****************************

SUBJECT: SUGAR BY MAROON 5
FROM:
danci...@gmail.com

A couple of other instructors in my area are teaching

one or another of the "sweet" dances to this track.

When I went to download the track, I noticed that

there was an option for a CLEAN version on iTunes.

That's a red flag for me, so I looked up the lyrics--

yikes! Yes, the "clean" version took out one four-

letter word (which doesn't bother me--go figure). But

for me that still left too much explicit language for

my comfort zone. I know this is not an issue for some

people, and that's a personal choice.

I'm not trying to start that discussion again!

I'm only saying that with so many dances to choose

from these days, I welcome any excuse to eliminate

one from my ever-growing "pile of possibles." If I

really like a dance that has music I don't care to use,

I search for an alternate. In this particular case,

none of the dances grabbed me sufficiently to

warrant the effort. So for me, it's on to the NEXT

dance in the pile, woo hoo!
**********************
SUBJECT:     NU- Line Dance Class in Jacksonville,

Florida
WHERE:        Club Savoy - 6354 Arlington Road
Time & Date:  Every Sunday afternoon at 1:30 PM
Instructor/Choreographer:  Sandra Balestracci -

(954)849-7113
                                           sbales...@bellsouth.net
Soft Drinks/Cookies and Stepsheets provided.
$5.00 donation goes to Club Savoy.
Club Savoy is a private dance club run by Dancers

for Dancers.
Ballroom Dancing most nights.
********************
SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK
FROM:  BIG DAVE

Hi all,

First of all a big thank you to everyone who came to
dance with us in Folkestone, we had an awesome
weekend - And thanks to our good friends Dee & Karl
for doing a great job as ever & teaching some lovely
dances - Looking forward to the same again in Port
Talbot next February with you guys :-)

This week we did a couple of nice easy
Beginner/Improver country cha's Dee's Carved In
Stone & Rachael's Homegrown - Really nice &
classic style cha's - A bit too easy for my class really
but I just wanted to try them :-) -

We recapped Vikki's
cool smooth Your Loving Arms - And by request a
couple of extra recaps from the main class which we
are done with there now - Hard Work & Hard To Say
It - All awesome Nighclubs ......... Something else
please now though as good as the current batch are
!!! :-)

In the main session we had fun with A&P's new
phrased/pop one Won't Act My Age - Down as
advanced but still one for Intermediates for sure -
The steps are easy enough & the difficulty is in the
phrasing - But that's the fun of it too - And a great
variety of steps/styles all wrapped up in one dance !!

:-) I also taught Dee's great new pop one Comeback -
I roAd tested this one early last week & did it with
everyone this week - Well received - A catchy/cool
pop cha (Need to squeeze in Dee's Heavenly Cha
asap which was a really popular country Improver at
Folkestone & lots of great feedback from elsewhere
too) ................

Then the recaps - Karl's lovely
Nightclub A Thousand Miles - And we quickly went
back to refresh One Great Mystery too by request -
Yep more Nightclubs !! but more awesome ones to
be fair :-) We enjoyed Maggie & Co's Lipz too - Great
pop dance & I enjoyed teaching this one to the early
-birds at Folkestone Sunday morning :-)

Moving on we did N&J's We Could Be Giants -
Another hit teach from the Awards - I've been drip
feeding in the Nightclubs & many in the class were
asking for this one so I could delay no longer !! :-) -
Not that I don't like it as much as the others - So
many great Nightclubs - Need another go at N&J's
Ready For The Good Life next week, we are enjoying
this one too :-)

We did Guyton's funky/cool Cha Twisted Sister with
the late-birds & thanks Nigel for tipping me off about
the changes to the dance !!! :-) - Make sure you have
the updated version with 8&1 timing ending all 4
sections of 8 - We also enjoyed recapping
Hypnotized & Battle Scars - And most of all I enjoyed
my cold beer at the end - Not supposed to drink on
class night but bugger that rule !!!! :-)
Too many Nightclubs !! There I've said it - Think I'll
start a Nightclub Class !!!!! :-) ...... Guess what next
week - Yep - Dee's All You Ever, a lovely country
Nightclub - A hit teach for Dee at Folkestone during
out Sunday evening chill social :-) We'll be doing
Fred, Darren & Raymond's latest too The Way You
Look - A fast & furiously cool funky East Coast :-)
A lads day out at the match for me on Saturday - And
looking forward to our Alamo Scarborough event
with Andrew & Sheila next weekend - And a guest
teach too from Hayley :-) - Cya there if you are
coming - Love our annual Scarborough visit - This is
our 10th year so a special one like Newline was last
September & Newcastle & Torquay will be this July :

-)

Dave.
*****Come & dance with us in San Francisco at the
'Experience' in September - We had an awesome
time last year & this is your last chance with us in SF
before we move on -
Scott/Niels/Rachael/Guyton/Karl/Joey/Fred ... And DJ
me :-)
SF is an amazing place to dance on a vacation in an
awesome hotel with rooms just $129pn for up to 4
people :-) .....

tml

=== Events :

orms.html
=== VIP's :

http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station,

Northumberland, NE22 5YS
 **************************
SUBJECT:  NOTE ABOUT TAKE ME TO CHURCH
FROM:  GUYTON MUNDY

Hello everyone. I know people have been asking about the sheet for "Take me to church" the sheet will be released after next weekend. Fred and I are trying to finish it up. It will be released with a walk through video and a dance through video. To those of you who have emailed me saying we are good enough to learn it from the videos we have seen on YouTube.... Please feel free to post your videos of the dance now so I can see your brilliance...... I have been told because there is a video on YouTube that I cannot teach it at an event because the people are too smart and have already learned it.... Well I hope to sit and watch it when I see you. And I guess I will be the judge... Sorry but sometimes I get to rant... The dance is only a month old. There is no sheet and only a few videos, and none are a teach of the dance!!!! And because it has a few videos of it on YouTube you say I can't teach it... Why can't I teach what I want people to learn?
Sorry guys.... Had to vent a little...
Guyton

*************************
Subject:  Female Roommate(s) needed for Spring

Break
From:  Steve Lescarbeau, Event Director

Have someone who needs one or two roommates for

Spring Break in Myrtle Beach May 6 – 10.  Please

contact me as soon as possible.

*************************
Subject:  16th Annual Line Dancers’ Spring Break
From:  Steve Lescarbeau, Event Director

Please join me for another fabulous dance vacation

at the beach!  Instructors for this year will be

Will Craig - John Robinson – Johnny 2-step – Amy

Glass – Dancin’ Dean – Brenna Stith – and our

Incredible DJ – Jill Babinec.  We will have all levels of

dances to accommodate everyone.  The hotel has

undergone a wonderful renovation with new

kitchens, carpeting, beds and bedding, furniture,

brand

new waterpark, restaurant, ice cream parlor and

more!  Price includes full breakfast buffet daily with

taxes and tips, 3 dinners with taxes and tips, 12

hours of workshops and 12 hours of dances.  This

year on Friday night is my birthday.  So yes, we will

be going out!  Don’t forget the annual putt putt

tournament, and the beautiful beach.  ALL rooms are

oceanfront with private balcony.  The hotel has

undergone a multi-million dollar transformation

including a brand new water park.  Please visit

more information and a registration flier.

If you live in the area and don’t need the hotel and

meal package, or, are staying at a different hotel,

there is a dance only pass form on our site.  Please

contact me if you have any questions.

Coming in a group?  Groups of 6 0r more get a

discount.

Steven J. Lescarbeau, MCC, CSS, DS
64 East Road
Clarksburg, MA   01247-2164
(413) 662-2323
st...@aplusvacations.com
www.aplusvacations.com
***********************
Subject:   WHAT WE ARE DANCING in Delray Beach,

Florida
From:       Ira Weisburd (
dancew...@comcast.net)

Since rebranding our classes as NULINE, our class

has nearly doubled in size.  We are growing by 2 or 3

students on the average every week.  I have

expanded our time an extra half hour to give our

Newcomers a 30-45 minute introduction with some

of the easier dances such as:

AH SI (Rita Masur)
COUNTRY AS A BOY (Suzanne Wilson)
SKINNY GENES (Pat & Lizzy Stott)
LOVE JOANN (Marie Sorensen)
ISTANBUL (Amy Glass)
PRISCILLA (Randy Pelletier)
MAMMA MARIA (Frank Trace)
EARLY IN THE MORNING (Max Perry)
MEMORY (Irene Groundwater)

Some of the latest dances I have been teaching and

are going very well are:

BLURRY LINES (Alison Johnstone)
AFTER THE STORM (Tina Argyle)
TWICE THE SIZE (Tina Argyle)
EXCUSE MY FRENCH (Tim To & Annette Lapp)
LITTLE ZOU BISOU (Sandra Speck)
CROCODILE ROLL (Ira Weisburd, Alison Johnstone,

David Hoyn)
WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR (Ira Weisburd)
PA POP PA LA (Ira Weisburd)
BACHATA CONMIGO (Ira Weisburd)
DANZA LA VITA (Ira Weisburd)
BACHATA CONMIGO (Ira Weisburd)
HAPPY DANCE (Jan Wylie)
MY NEW LIFE (John Offermans)
BLUE NIGHT CHA (Kim Ray)

If you're in South Florida, come join us on Tuesday

mornings from 10:30am - 12:30pm at the Kings Point

Clubhouse.  Our next class will resume on Tuesday,

March 10th !!  Please join us.

Marie Sorensen and I have choreographed a FUN

little dance called "SINGALONG SONG".  It is a 32

Count, 4 Wall, High Beginner Dance.  Since

publishing it yesterday, we have received many

lovely comments that we thought you might want to

take a look at it yourself.  If you liked UNDER THE

SUN by Sue & Kathy, you will probably like this one.

The song is by the same artist, Tim Tim.  It has a

happy, upbeat, infectious tune you will find yourself

singing and dancing along to !!  It's perfectly

phrased, so there are no tags or restarts.

I've made a Walk-Thru and Demo Video which you

can see along with the Step Sheet on this link:

song-ID102967.aspx

The music is readily available, but if you would like

the special dance edit we used, please contact me

at the email above.
*************************

SUBJECT:  SPRING FEVER CLASSIC LINE DANCE WORKSHOP Featuring Ira Weisburd

FROM:      Janina Brown, 407/658-9080, jan...@cfl.rr.com

                 Plse. visit the Face Book Event Page: https://www.Facebook.com/events/1777712812454283/?pnref=story

We are quickly approaching the March 26th date for Ira’s workshop.  It is being held at the First United Methodist Church,

125 N. Interlachen Avenue, Winter Park, Florida and hosted by the Winter Park Line Dancers from 9:30am - 3:00pm.

Line Dancers are practicing Ira’s dances in preparation for the workshop. Two of his recent dances have become instant favorites.

“When You Wish Upon A Star” is magical bringing back a lot of childhood memories to many of us line dancers. “Crocodile Roll” is

a lot of fun and gets your feet moving!  His just released dance "Singalong Song" is climbing the charts and getting rave reviews as well !!

Don’t miss out on this Fun-filled day!  There is still plenty of room.  The gym at the First United Methodist Church is 9,000 sq. ft.

(75 x 120) and has a beautiful floor. Parking is located on Interlachen Avenue across from the church.

The cost for the workshop is $35. until March 14.  After March 14, the cost is $40.  Registration begins at 9:30am.

Donut holes and coffee will be provided in the morning.  Dancing begins at 10:00 until lunchtime. During lunch we will have

open dancing. Lunch is included in the cost of the workshop.  Box lunches will be served from Firehouse Subs.  Ice tea, water,

and sodas will be provided.  Also, at lunchtime, we will have a raffle for items that we are receiving from local merchants.

A donation will be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
************************
 SUBJECT:  FEBRUARY DANCE REVIEWS
FROM:  BIG DAVE
(NOTE FROM ME:  I put these at the end because it is
long but I always like to look at them and hope you
do too.)
Hi all,

Reviews of my February teaches, what a great

month - If  your interested in
earlier reviews I try to update each week after my

I'm  Burnin' Up (Neville & Julie)
Jessie J (Burnin' Up)
Phrased  Advanced
Music 9 Dance 10

A great funky dance – Don't be scared off –  The

steps are cool &
intermediate – The music helps you with the

phrasing  & there's also a few memory
aids for you too – Love the smooth Part A, the

easy/funky tag & the main
funky/cha Part B – Love all the reverse ½ turns, a

fast jazz/weave turn & the
syncopation hits the beat spot on in the 2nd half

with the 1 hold2 & 3 4
timing – Not forgetting the sexy sway lol !! :-) The

Newline late-birds loved
it – Me too :-)

Think ATB * ABrB *ABrB – The  AbrB sequence starts

facing 3 o'clock each
time & the Br starts facing 6  o'clock each time -

Don't forget to start
facing 9 o'clock !! :-)

New  Shade Of Blue (Yvonne Anderson)
Southern Pacific (New Shades Of Blue)
64/4  Improver
Music 9 Dance 9

A lovely smooth/cool Rumba – Easy enough but  nice

enough for the
Intermediates too – A great track – Love the rock &

turny opening & the reverse
rumba turn sequence – Another great dance from

Yvonne :-)

Modern Romance (Kate Sala)
Fiona Cullery (Something To  Die For)
64/4 Improver
Music 9 Dance 9

A catchy upbeat Two-Step –  Like New Shades above

cool enough for the
Intermediates to enjoy too – Love the  side touches

into the flick & the bounce &
the twist – And the cool  double Monteray turn finish

too - Kate is going
to be Sandy to Karl's Danny at  our Broadway/Grease

weekend in July lol !! :-)

Vertigo (Karl-Harry  Winson)
Gavin Degraw (Best I Ever Had)
64/4 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance  9

So go 'Danny' lol - A great upbeat & racy East Coast

beat – It  rolls along

great with the beat 'Without Fire' style – Cool 'Titanic'

style  scuff/step
ending sequence - Just booked Karl to do a one-off

weekend with me  &
DeeDee in Port Talbot in February 2016 – This time

next year – Check that  one
out :-)

Don't Dance Alone (Maggie Gallagher)
Nikki Ponte (I  Don't Wanna Dance)
64/2 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 9

A cracking  upbeat 8&1 pop Cha – A popular teach at

the Awards & at our
Bristol New  Year Bash - Love the hips into the

walk/mambo opening, a classic
8&1 cha  sequence in the middle & a

cool/different/tester of a turny finish-
We've  got Dee Musk as our guest choreographer in

Hanham, Bristol next
January  :-)

Here's To Us (Maggie Gallagher)
Kevin Rudolf (Here's To  Us)
32/4 Improver
Music 10 Dance 9

A catchy Two-Step 'In My Heart'  style of dance –

Popular at Hanham, at
class & with our Sutton Sunday gang  too – Love the

catchy syncopation,
especially a cool side/drag into a turn  sequence &

the diagonal back/lock move :-)
We are fortunate that the  Southport Maggie G

Experience in March is sold
out but come & see Maggie  with her Celtica dancers

& guest choreographer
Daniel Trepat at our new  Coventry weekend in

November :-)

Slave 2 The Rhythm (Fred Whitehouse  & Joey

Warren)
Michael Jackson (Slave To The Rhythm)
Music 9 Dance 9

For the Newliners – A cracking fast funky  track with

a really cool break
for a Nightclub style tag – This is a big hit out  of

Strictly Stoke & my
late-birds loved it – The steps are cool & the

challenge it's just the speed
which is what raises the stakes to advanced !! :-)  - I

especially like the
box/slide sequence, the diagonal sailors & the

kick/steps – Classic
Joey/Fred funky :-) Next up is Fred's Hypnorized – I'm

sure  we'll still be dancing
these come Newline with Fred in September  :-)

Love Me Like You Do (Ria Vos)
Ellie Goulding
64/2  Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 10

Ria can do little wrong she's the best  & this one is

another blockbuster –

A really cool & smooth classy West  Coast heading to

the charts for sure –
Packed with cool & different steps -  Really looking

forward to Ria being
with us at our first Sundance in May with  Darren,

Niels & Karl – Check out
Ria's catchy Samba/Mambo Improver from the

Awards Coffee Time Samba.

Hard To Say It (Niels Poulsen)
Chicago  (Hard To Say I'm Sorry)
32/4 Intermediate
Music 10 Dance 9

Another  awesome nightclub from Niels to a classic

& equally awesome
Chicago track -  Cool diamond turn sequence – Heard

the music for one of Niels's
new ones,  something funky – Bring it on – And well

done again for an
awesome Bubbles  Dahhhling with Simon & well

done to Niels at the Awards  :-)

Shades Of Passion (Rob Fowler)
Weeknd (Earned It)
72/4  Higher Intermediate
Music 10 Dance 9 ….... Use the 160bpm version of

the  track

A must for Waltz fans I'd say & the hit teach from the

Awards -  A haunting
Viennese Waltz track & a lovely smooth dance easy

& classic  in places with
a few testers to keep it interesting – A top 10 hit for

sure – 72  counts
fly by with lots of holds/sweeps/drags to slow it down

as is normally the
case with a fast waltz – The spiral/rock-turn/pencil-

turn sequence is what
makes  it higher than average intermediate but you

can calm this bit easily by
taking  out the turns – Otherwise lots of lovely

flowing classic waltz
basics, twinkles  & weaves :-) – And well done Rob

for you smash hit Uptown Funk
battling for  what is a well deserved No.1 spot :-)

A Thousand Miles (Karl-Harry Winson)
Westlife (I Wanna Grow Old With  You)
32/4 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 9

A lovely smooth track &  an equally cool dance – I

liked the look of this
one at the Awards & it  proved a great opening to our

mainstream Sutton
Sunday afternoon – Love the rock  into the diagonal

run back into a ¾ chase &
cool slow pressy walks into a  neat

fast/syncopated/turny finish – A hit teach
for Karl at Folkestone too  :-)

They Boy Can Dance (Yvonne Anderson)
Afro-Dite (The Boy Can  Dance)
64/2 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 9

A cool upbeat disco pop  East Coast – Again another

I was impressed with
from the Awards & well  received by our Sutton

Sunday dancers – Great
stomp/hold sequence - I'm so  looking forward to our

Tynemouth Xmas Party weekend
with Yvonne & Dee this  December :-)

LIPZ (Maggie Gallagher & Co)
Meghan Trainor (Lips  Are Movin')
64/2 Intermediate
Music 10 Dance 10

Great Irish  teamwork from Maggie, Helen & Gary

with this cool funky/pop
East Coast –  Love the 'Meghan' beat & some great

moves to match it – I
especially like  the hips into the twist & the hips with

a ½ turn in between &
the  syncopated jumps/touches sequence – It's all in

the styling lol !! :-)

Ready For The Good Life (Neville & Julie)
Paloma Faith (Ready  For The Good Life)
32/4 Intermediate
Music 10 Dance 10

A catchy  'Have Fun Go Mad' style West Coast – A

really cool dance & really
well  received – A modern mainstream dance for

Newline dancers – N&J so
often hit  with such dances that breach the

Mainline/Newline divide – It hits
the beat  really well – Love the

out/out/ball/cross/touch, the sailor ½ into
a ball/turn  & a turn/sweep & the way a syncopated

lock step ending flows
into a  pivot/turn start – Lots to say about a little

dance !! :-)

Battle Scars (Simon Ward)
Guy Sebastian (Battle Scars)
Music 10 Dance 10

An awesome funky Nightclub – Something  quite

different - A hit teach at
the Awards for Simon who is on a mega roll with

some great dances just now –
Love the diagonal sections & the cool full turn

sequence using turning
rocks into a turning basic – I'm not one for dramatic

arms but the two lunges
in this one work really well, both well worked to start

 & end a diagonal
full turn sequence – The late birds loved this one big

time  :-)

Your Loving Arms (Vikki Morris)
Ed Sheeran (Thinking Out  Loud)
32/4 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 9

A lovely smooth floor-split  to Klara's advanced

Thinking Out Loud – Read
lots of good reports on this one  & while many

Newliners, icluding my
late-birds are doing Klara's, this  really is a great

Intermediate mainstream one &
the class loved it – Me too  – Love the sway/sailor

into the
press/back/sweeps – And the tag works just great  :-)

Comeback (Dee Music)
Ella Eyre (Comeback)
64/4  Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 9

A great mainstream pop Cha from Dee (Or  is it a

Samba or am East Coast !!)
- Anyway it's a cool track & the dance  flows along

just great – Really
cool/simple but effective step/hold sequence

forward & back – Likewise the hip
bump into the drag/ball/cross move – And  the walk-

around ending :-)

Hypnotized (Darren, Fred &  Raymond)
NERD (Hypnotize)
Phrased Intermediate
Music 10 Dance  10

A really cool funky dance – Not too hard, not too fast

& the  phrasing is
obvious/easy – A catchy cool man 32/2 Part A, a fun

Part B & a  neat tag that
sadly you only get to do once :-) - Love the funky

walks & the  diagonal
English Cross in Part A, the twist/switches in Part B

& the cool  hips & weave
back in the Tag - A big hit withg the late-birds :-)

We Could Be Giants (Neville & Julie)
Ella Henderson  (Giants)
40/2 Intermediate
Music 9 Dance 10

Some great Nightclubs  around early 2015 & mostly

like this one out of the
Awards – This one a  classy more Higher

Intermediate level much like Battle
Scars in comparison – And  the class loved this one

as much as Battle Scars
too, the music's just not quite  as hot but that's just

my view – Love the
moves – Very different & very cool  – Love the

opening into the triple/point
sequence & the cool pencil spin  into diagonal cross

shuffle & a
hinge/point – Lots of restarts but it's  easier to think

of this as 32 count dance
with a tag at the front after 2 &  4 – Great to see N&J

back at the Awards &
doing so well – We had a blast  with them back at the

San Francisco Experience
last year :-)

Twisted  Sister (Guyton Mundy)
Nickelback (She Keeps Me Up)
Music  9 Dance 9

An easy/cool Newline style dance more Intermediate

than  Advanced I'd say –
Classic funky Guyton like say Playa or Folla Me To

Da Floor –  A West Coast
come 8&1 Cha dance – Just make sure you have the

updated  version with all
4 sections of 8 ending 8&1- Cool & easy is enough

sometimes – Good job
G-man – Looking forward to welcoming him back to

Newline in  September for his
11th straight year – He is always welcome & long

may that  continue – Roll
on the San Francisco Experience just before that too

 :-)

Won't Act My Age (Alison & Peter)
One Direction (Act My  Age)
Phrased Advanced
Music 8 Dance 9

A  novelty/showcase/spectacular ABCD phrased

dance – The advanced level
comes from  the phasing not the steps & the music

clearly helps out once you've
had a  couple of goes so don't be put off by

'advanced' or 'phrased' – None
of the  parts are long either 16/4/32/14 that's all –

What I like is the
mix of styles,  the Irish feel of A, the Swing of C & D is

a cool Nightclub –
B is just like  a little tag – Go on – Have fun learning it

& fun dancing
it :-)

Homegrown (Rachael McEnaney)
Zac Brown Band (Homegrown)
32/4  Improver
Music 8 Dance 8

An OK classic smooth country Cha ideal for

Improvers – It's slow though so
maybe not one to excite the Intermediates – Nice

syncopated
kick/heel/pivot finish.

Carved In Stone (Dee Musk)
Mark  Willis (Don't Think I Won't)
48/4 Beginner
Music 8 Dance 8

An OK  classic smooth country Cha for beginners &

Improvers - All on one
wall with  shuffle ¼ in the last sequence – I like that

it's 48 counts though
so more  interesting that your average beginner – A

popular teach for Dee at
the Awards  beginner party night – Dee also taught

us a lovely smooth
country Improver Cha  called Heavenly Cha at our

Folkestone weekend – A big hit &
getting lots of  great feedback.

Dave.
=== Events :

orms.html
=== VIP's :

http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587  (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington  Station,

Northumberland, NE22 5YS

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com