World Line Dance Newsletter Sunday 4/29 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY

Carol Craven

Apr 29, 2018, 8:57:56 AM4/29/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Sunday 4/29

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

*********************************

NOTE FROM ME:  TODAY IS THE DAY TO DO THIS!

I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT if some of you who NEVER vote would vote this week.  It is so easy.  Just list 8 dances you like, one under the other and email it to me at tka...@aol.com.  I would especially like some of you intermediate-adv dancers who very rarely vote, to send in your votes since people say your choices aren’t reflected on the survey (I don’t really agree with that) but people think that, so let’s get YOUR selections in and see how the results come out.   If you would keep your list by forwarding the email to yourself at the same time you send it to me, then next week you could edit your list to add or delete your new favorites and become a REGULAR voter.  Thanks for your help.  Carol

******************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  May 1, Pinellas Park,

This week,  I’m excited that Sheri Hurley will be teaching WATCH THE TEMPO, by

Joey WarrenGuillaume RICHARDFred WhitehouseShane McKeever & Gemma Ridyard

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/watch-the-tempo-ID124008.aspx

This dance was very popular in Boston and will be done at upcoming events.

OUR NEWER REVIEWS WILL BE:

ADVENTURE 45, Ria Vos and Vane (taught by Anne Splain)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/adventure-45-ID124504.aspx

THAI OF MY LIFE by Simon Ward (taught by Jai).   This dance will appeal to lots of different levels.  The only difficult part is the turn near the beginning but it is very easy to leave out and the dance is fun and easy to remember.

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/thai-of-my-life-ID123782.aspx

Gypsy in the Night by Scott Blevins (taught by Lynda).  I just love doing this fast little dance that reminds me of ones that have become classics of Scott’s.

GYPSY IN THE NIGHT, Scott Blevins

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-in-the-night-ID124050.aspx

Hope to see you Tuesday, May 1st – May Day!  May Day!

 Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

******************************

Subject:           HOT Heart of Texas line dance event

From:   kwhee...@me.com

We are having a great time at the first HOT Heart of Texas line dance event at the Westin DFW airport hotel!!

Great choreographers and workshops, reviews of workshop dances in the evening for those that want a little reminder of the dance they learned, and lots of open dancing! Looking forward to the dinner show “a good ole western whodunit mystery theatre” tonight.
Consider to put it on your calendar for next year - April 25-29, 2019!

****************************

 Subject:            SUBJECT : Zip It for LDF Extreme challenge

From:   grro...@btinternet.com

Hello dancers and friends,

I have been selected as one of the “victims” to take part in this fund raising challenge to raise money for the Line Dance Foundation.

Actually, I’m only a stand-in as my wife, Maureen, wanted to do it but her medical conditions mean she cannot do anything like that, so the mantle fell on my shoulders.

Each participant in the challenge has to raise at least £250, to cover the cost of the event and make some money for the charity.

See what the LDF does here - http://www.linedancefoundation.com/

Check out Zipworld here - https://www.zipworld.co.uk/

Sponsor me here - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnRowell

Any donation, no matter how small, will be gratefully accepted, remember, you’ll be helping the professionals of the Linedancing community who may need your help.

It’s not exclusive to the UK, but encompasses the entire globe.

Thanks in anticipation.

John “Grrowler” Rowell – your dancin’ DJ

www.Grrowler.com

**************************************

Subject:          Big Apple registration is now open! John Lindo is in the house!

From: dire...@bigapplecountrydance.com

July 12-15, 2018

Big News at the Big Apple!

New Weekend Dates!  Same great hotel as last year!

John Lindo in the swing room!

Online Registration is now open!

Come dance with us at the Big Apple Country Dance Festival and New York Swing Congress at our great location, the

DoubleTree by Hilton at Newark Airport !  Join us as we celebrate New York City style!  We have a packed weekend of spectacular country-swing-hustle competition, an exciting

professional show, and so much more!  Click here for our website.

Event Pass

You won't believe these prices!  We are rolling back time to bring you an amazing Weekend Pass!  On or before 6/15: $89, after 6/15: $99. The pass includes:

ALL non-specialty workshops!

Professional show!

All competition sessions and evening dance parties!

Free parking!

Free Wi-Fi!

Record your own video with a free video pass!

Accommodations

Our Hotel is the Double Tree by Hilton at Newark Airport.  The Big Apple room rate is $129 including breakfast.  Reservations can be made at (973) 690-5500.  Room rate cut off is June 15, 2017.  Reserve today before this great rate goes away!

Professional Show

Join us Saturday night for the Show Extravaganza packed with fabulous high-energy entertainment by top dancers as well as other surprise performances!!

Country, Swing and Hustle Competition

We have a full program of UCWDC Pro-Am, Line Dance and Couples competition along with Pro-Am 8 Dance Championships. This year the NY Swing Congress will include Strictly and Pro-am Swing and Hustle competition.  As a World Swing Dance Council Registry Event we also offer Jack and Jill competition.

Check out online registration!

Workshops and Social Dancing

Workshops

The Big Apple Country Dance Festival is committed to offering you the BEST when it comes to dance instruction. We offer two choices each hour - from beginner through advanced level in virtually every hot dance style. The classes will be taught by the very best instructors today's dance community has to offer. Dance Camp participants must have a daily or weekend admission pass. Workshops are included in the 3-Day admission package. Workshop tickets for the 1-Day Pass can be purchased on site for $10 each.

Social Dancing

Experience a night of social dancing with old and new friends Friday and Saturday evenings. We bring in huge floating dance floors, sound equipment and lights transforming the hotel ballroom into a dance party.

Thursday night the party starts with our jam-packed free workshops and kickoff dance!  Come start the party early and join Tony Lee for a two step workshop at 7:30 pm followed by Diane Nardone's hustle workshop at 8:00 pm.  The fun continues immediately after with our free California Mix Dance Party at 8:30 pm.

Friday DJ's Dave Muzii and Stan W. spin for our Country Dance Party starting at 8:00 pm. DJ John Lindo spin for our Swing Dance Party starting at 7:00 pm.  Hustle with a splash of Salsa Dance Party with Diane Nardone at 9:00 pm.

Saturday night DJs Dave Muzii and Stan W. spin for our Country Dance Party starting at 9:30 pm. DJs John Lindo spin for our Swing/Hustle Dance Party starting at 8:00 pm spliting into two separate rooms at 9:00 pm. Hustle with a splash of Salsa Dance Party hosted by Diane Nardone at 9:00 pm.

This year the Big Apple Country Dance Festival is held at the same hotel as the NY Swing Congress. Your Big Apple Country Dance Festival pass will admit you into all NY Swing Congress events!

The Big Apple Country Dance Festival | 551-265-8388 |dire...@bigapplecountrydance.com | http://bigapplecountrydance.com/
432 Terrace Ave
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604

Apple Dance Fest, LLC

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven