World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 11/8

TKA...@aol.com

Nov 8, 2016, 8:44:25 AM11/8/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday 11/8 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

I didn't send a newsletter yesterday.  I sent the one on Sunday later in the day and yesterday's was very short so I waited until today.  Thanks for sharing your reports, everyone.  Keep them coming!!  I love looking at all the photos on Facebook. What a great weekend.  I missed our After Party tonight because I came home with a COLD!!  I was not happy.  It was our last After Party and I was too sick to come.  Wah!!  I was fine for the entire weekend so I'm thankful for that but when I got home, BAM!  Bad cold.  Anyway, I hope everyone had fun at the After Party.  I'm so sorry I couldn't be there and I'm also sorry that Diane had to do all the setting up but I think Sheila and others helped her.  Lindy sent me a note saying she is going to do one next year since the event will be in Orlando.  There was a cake that said "Goodbye Tampa Bay Classic."  That made me sad.  We are going to miss having the event in Tampa but there was just not another hotel with a large enough dance floor that didn't have astronomical prices and the hotel in Orlando is very nice, centrally located with lots of places to eat around it, and all the parks will be decked out for the holidays so I think it is a good move.  And then there is that pool that everyone loves.
*********************
Subject: Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic AFTER PARTY Monday Nov. 7th LAST NIGHT

I wasn't able to attend OUR LAST AFTER PARTY because I have a really bad cold.  Wah.  I saw all the pictures and heard from everyone so I was there vicariously.  I hope everyone had a great time.  I loved the cake that Diane ordered that said "Goodbye Tampa.  We will miss you."  This event was started in our home town 15 years ago by Arline Winerman and continued with Jennifer and Jason Cameron and it is just special to the people in our area.  I know the move to Orlando is only a little over an hour away and there was no choice but to move it.  It's just that we have special memories and it's a little sad for us.  The hotel in Orlando is so much nicer and all the parks will be decked out for the holidays so bring the family and make it a vacation before the total Christmas rush at the parks.  Just take the kids out of school and DO IT.  LOL.  Anyway, thanks to everyone who came last night.  We have always appreciated you and we love our little class.  Hope you can join us sometime soon.  Thanks to Diane Poole and Cheryl and everyone who pitched in to help set up and clean up and bring something to share.  Here is what was played last night.

Better When I’m Dancing
HandClap
Lay Low
50 Ways
Beautiful In my Eyes
American Kids
Come Home
The Bomp
Kiss The Sky
Pom Poms
Sound Of Silence
Corazon Diamonte
Drift Away
Take Me To The River
Blue Ain’t Your Color
Whip It
Fallin
Ain’t Misbehavin’
Main Attraction
Heaven On Earth
Ex’s and oh’s
Shake That
Maybe Tomorrow
Crash
Gypsy Queen
Waltzing at twilight
The Wild Life
Mr. Put It Down
Risk It All
Tonight Again
Worldwide
So Just Dance Dance Dance
Harden Up Princess
Baby bring it Back
Out Like That
Woman up
Holy
Funk n Feel it
Strip It Down
Now Or Never
Thankful
Cry To Me
Hideaway Cha
Die A Happy Man

Studio  Location
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave N
Pinellas Park Fl  33782

Diane Poole   bpoole1@tampabay.rr..com    727+439-8819
Carol Craven    tka...@aol.com 813+ 417-9800

NOTE FROM ME:  Please remember -- there will be NO CLASS TONIGHT since we did the After Party last night.

****************************
Subject: Tampa Bay LD Classic video playlist link
From:
stacy...@gmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo8Gy-AFGMvakVxpWO4nbaL-XlUsOSrNn

Stacy J Garcia
stacy...@gmail.com
World Line Dance Newsletter
**************************
2016 & 2017 World Event Calendar NOW updated!!!
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html

Here’s the DIRECT link to the form for the Event Calendar:
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html

NOTE: If you would like to send more information to be posted in the newsletter, just send Carol (tka...@aol.com) a SHORT description and she will be happy to include it.
Please do not send your entire brochure for posting in the newsletter.
Stacy J Garcia
***************************
SUBJECT:  RESULTS OF THE USLDCC COMPETITION AT TAMPA BAY LINE DANCE CLASSIC
NOTE FROM ME:
  Wow!! There were some really awesome dances in this competition.  I really encourage everyone to get them posted online with A VIDEO!!!  When you do post them, send me the link and I'll add them to the newsletter so everyone can check them out.  It's almost time to pick the winner this year.  I hope some of you are thinking about competing next year.  What a great opportunity this is for aspiring choreographers so JUST DO IT!!  Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who qualified.  What a bunch of talent we have this year.  Very exciting.  One of the ones I picked for 1st place in my pretend judging didn't even place so I guess everyone was wrong or it's a good thing I'm not a judge.  LOL.  I won't tell you which one it was but I'm still sticking with it being a really good dance.

Newcomer / Novice
1st - David Ackerman & Kayla Cosgrove / That Love
2nd - Daniel Tobias / The Old Man's Money
3rd - Darcie DeAngelis / You're the Reason That I Dream

Intermediate / Advanced
1st - Darcie DeAngelis / Bottomless Mimosas
2nd - Daniel Tobias / Backstreet Gratitude
3rd - Daniel Tobias / Strut!

Phrased
1st - Dustin Betts / Chase That Dollar
2nd - Darcie DeAngelis / Today's the Day
3rd - Dustin Betts / Tic Tac Toe

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
www.JCDanceProductions.com
Line Dance Showdown (3/30 - 4/2/17)
Fun in the Sun (7/13 - 7/16/17)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (11/3 - 11/6/16)
Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (8/24 - 8/24/17)

*****************************
SUBJECT:  REPORT ABOUT TAMPA BAY LINE DANCE CLASSIC
FROM:  DALLAS PROVEAUX

Dallas Proveaux
Fabulous weekend at the Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic. Wonderful dances by great choreographers. Rebecca Lee was an instant hit and a new favorite. Fred Whitehouse and Simon Ward were awesome as were all the instructors. Wonderful to see Guyton Mundy and heartbreaking at the same time. Knowing that this was the last time I would have the opportunity to take lessons from this man who is undeniably the most talented choreographer to ever grace a dance floor. Guyton colors outside the lines, thinks outside the box, and is the most innovative choreographer I have ever seen. Who else would choreograph a hit dance which incorporates a towel as part of the dance. Guyton you will be missed more than you can imagine but I wish you a very happy retirement, good health, and the time to do all the things you desire.

**********************

SUBJECT: Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic 2016 Report
FROM: Hagan Ko (
ha...@haganlinedance.com)

Trying to get back to a normal Monday at work is tough when you've just had an amazing weekend of dancing and socializing with friends in Tampa!  What a fun dance event put on by JC Dance Productions. I like the smaller, more intimate setting.  It's also awesome to see so many young people at the event!  It gave the weekend a special energy that I won't soon forget. Bittersweet for me, as it was the last event that I will have the pleasure of taking a workshop from Guyton. The Guyton power hour on Sunday was definitely a highlight. So many of us had a look of terror on our faces trying to remember all those Guyton dances from way back whenever!!

It was also great having Rebecca Lee from Malaysia and Simon Ward from Australia at the event.  We don't get to see these international instructors that often, so having them here in the US was a real treat.  I absolutely LOVE Rebecca's energy on the dance floor.  What a fun and friendly instructor as well.  She brings such fresh positive energy!

Some of the workshops that caught my attention:

Come Home (Gary O'Reilly) - High Int Nightclub, fantastic dance and a lovely track. This was taught in Chicago at Windy City, but I was too tired to take the class.  Sandy Albano did a great job of teaching this dance.  Not an easy teach, since this dance has so many turns.  I LOVE this one!

Recovering (Guillaume Richard) - Low Int Waltz.  Another dance that I first saw in Chicago, but missed the teach.  A popular dance to a great song from Celine Dion.

Crash (Fred Whitehouse) - Int WCS feel. I took this in Chicago, and really liked it.  It's a good dance, and I'm starting to like it more the more I dance it.

Do Something Crazy (Guyton Mundy & Shane McKeever) - Phrased advanced.  The "TOWEL DANCE".  This dance is just FUN!! I heard that at every event the color of the towel is different. I have a white one, now a black one. I know someone out there is collecting them all...

Gimmie Gimmie (Rebecca Lee) - Phrased intermediate. An absolute HIT DANCE from the weekend, especially with the younger dancers. This is a really cute dance - make sure you watch the videos!

Falling (Rachael McEnaney-White) - Advanced Nightclub.  Marilyn McNeal did a good job of teaching this dance (which is NOT an easy dance, especially at 9am!!)  Beautiful track, and a gorgeous dance.  I took this dance from Rachael in Chicago, but definitely needed a review.

Sound of Silence (Guyton Mundy) - Advanced.  My last workshop from Guyton EVER!  One of my favorite dances from the weekend.  Definitely a floor filler.  Love this one!!
***************************
From:

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Workshop Notice

Re:  The Brookridge Winter Line Dance Workshop
        Saturday, January 21, 2017

Early Registration is over, as of November 6th.  Entry fee is now $40.

Register as  soon as you can, as seats are filling up!  We don’t want
anyone getting left out.  ‘Need more Info?  e-mail or call me at
(352) 397-6088..........Norma

~dance til you drop
*****************************

Subject: Upcoming Dances and Events
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

Dancing with Danielle!!

West Coast Wednesdays, every Wed at Bayou Dance Club
www.facebook.com/events/1853426501561226/

Sat, Nov 12th- Floorplay WCS and Country
www.facebook.com/events/1157180744375970/

Nov 17th-20th- Westie-con

Sat, Nov 26th- Wild Wild Westie Shindig
www.facebook.com/events/323207714721812/

Fri, Dec 9th- Possible Country Night on the Town
Sat, Dec 10th- NO dance due to conflict at studio
Sat, Dec 17th- Tampa Floorplay Christmas Party
Sat Dec 24th- NO dance, Merry Christmas

Dec 29th- Jan 2nd- Floorplay New Year's Eve Vacation
www.facebook.com/events/183288645417522/

Sat Jan 14th- Floorplay WCS and Country

Sat Jan 28th- Tampa Floorplay Neon Party
www.facebook.com/events/176932772718821
Subject: Line dance with Bracken, Bonita, California
From: brack...@gmail.com

This Friday starts the final 2016 session of dance classes! We will have four classes over five weeks. Class dates are 11/11, 11/18, 12/2, and 12/9.
Lessons are 2-3:30 pm at Selah's Groove on Bonita Road. The 4-class session is $32 per person. Hope to see you there if you're local!

- B

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.