World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 8/16 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 16, 2017, 10:46:44 AM8/16/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Wednesday 8/16

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

*****************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park Last night

We had a fun class last night celebrating Birthdays for the Month of August this Tuesday the 15th! Marilyn, Neil,&  Cheryl's. We missed Joan and Rosie but will celebrate when they are back.

We have class next week but NO CLASS the last Tuesday of the month Aug. 29th. I will just be getting back from Indiana and Carol will be busy!

Jai did a good job of teaching Give Me the Beat by Will Craig.  This is a fun one!

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/give-me-the-beat-ID119116.aspx

Marilyn taught Mambo Number 5 which is an oldie but goodie but most people didn't know it yet!   I couldn't find a video but I'll keep looking.  It's a fun older dance if you don't know it.

NEWEST DANCES DONE:

SUMMERTHING, RHODA LAI

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/summerthing-ID118734.aspx

WOO WOO, by Rachael McEnaney-White.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/woo-woo-ID119406.aspx

Taking Care of You.  Another beautiful dance (and teach).

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/taking-care-of-you-ID118228.aspx

BROTHER by John Robinson and Melissa Culbertson.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/brother-ID116836.aspx

LONELY DRUM by Darren Mitchell.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/lonely-drum-ID119005.aspx

The Ghost of you –

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-ghost-of-you-ID117031.aspx

WE danced:

Playlist 8-8- 17

Extreme Love

Take Me To The River

Oop’s baby

Blessed

Gypsy Queen

East to West 17 (Anne did a quick review of this cute dance)

Nancy Mulligan

Clap Snap

7:00

Lonely Drum – teach – Liz

I got a woman

Better When I’m Dancing

7:30

Summerthing – Teach - Cheryl

Slowly Gently Softly

Change my ways

8:25

Taking care of you – teach - Liz

Shady

Run me like a river

9:00

Woo Woo – teach – Lynda

Woo Woo

Let it out

Bittersweet Memory

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

*************************

SUBJECT:  DANCE OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEZvd0OGMrk

--

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

*********************

SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for August 15, 2017

FROM: rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.

The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)

------------------------

Most Known

------------------------

1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

4. "Cruisin'" by Hale

5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall

6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb

7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

8. "Dizzy" by Thompson

9. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...

10. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

------------------------

Favorite

------------------------

1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Dizzy" by Thompson

5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall

6. "Rio" by Lowery

7. "Caught In The Act" by Wood

8. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde

9. "Toes" by McEnaney

10. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown

------------------------

Most Taught

------------------------

1. "Pretty Girls" by Scott

2. "Your Heaven!" by Poulsen

3. "Taking My Time" by Argyle

4. "Oops Baby" by McEnaney & Flowers

5. "Dance For Evermore" by Sway

6. "Lonely Drum" by Mitchell

7. "Dans Le Tango" by Stott

8. "Missing" by Barton

9. "1159" by McEnaney-White

10. "Get Lit" by Scott

11. "Bored" by Vos

12. "Never Stop Falling In Love Rumba EZ" by Norman

13. "You Better Believe" by Gallagher & O'Reilly

14. "Do A Little Life" by Glover & Risley

15. "Kill The Spiders" by Teather

------------------------

Most Danced

------------------------

1. "Pretty Girls" by Scott

2. "Champagne Promise" by Argyle

3. "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Verdonk & Vane

4. "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" by Kinser & Dahlgren & ...

5. "ABBA Does" by Tripp

6. "Gypsy Queen" by Pace

7. "I Am Your Man!" by Whitehouse & Poulsen

8. "Your Heaven!" by Poulsen

9. "Somebody Wants You!" by Trepat & Fitzgerald & ...

10. "Love Remains" by O'Reilly

11. "Lady In Red" by Ward

12. "She Used To Be Mine" by Pillar & McEnaney-White

13. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

************************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 1, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Dancin' Dean will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!  We even take requests for dances to be taught!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $75 + tax per night--includes a great breakfast with lots of selections.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

--------------------------------------

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 282017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Mary Kaye Johnson, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email: jon...@danvilleva.gov.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven