World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 7/6 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 6, 2017, 10:11:48 AM7/6/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Thursday 7/6

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

NOTE FROM ME:  I think needed to do Wednesday over.    First of all I sent out a mistake email to everyone and then I welcomed everyone to the WLDN when I sent yesterday's newsletter.    I hope I do better today.  It was a long weekend and I guess my brain wasn't ready for it to be over.  LOL.

****************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT MAURICE ROWE IS TEACHING AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA

This week at The Round Up in Tampa

Thursday

1. Slow Hands by Jose

2. Made In The Shade by Rachel & Jo

3. Somebody Elese's Heart by Neville & Julie

Friday & Saturday

1. Big Blue Tree by Ria

2. Head Over Boots by John

3. Let's get lit by Severine

Class is 7-9pm. See you all on the dance floor at The Round Up Maurice

***************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Another great night at class this week with an excellent turn out. New one for this week was Gary's “LOVE ON THE WEEKEND”, a 64 count 2 wall dance with one restart on the second wall choreographed to a track of the same name by John Mayer, great track, fabulous dance and the class loved it. Re-capped last week’s dance “I’M STUCK” ( Daniel Trepat, Roy & Nisrine Verdonk & Laura Bartolomei), danced it twice with everyone on the floor so another hit with our dancers. Also quick walls of  “SLOWLY GENTLY SOFTLY” another of Gary’s and “LOVES JUST A FEELING” (Maggie G), both going down very well. Looking forward to dancing with Maggie & Gary this weekend at The Norbreck

.

Playlist was :-  Better When I’m Dancing, Dear Friend, Some Girls Will, Wow Tokyo, Your Loving Arms, From The Ground Up, Take Me To The River, Tango With Me Darling, Gypsy Queen, Tongue Tied Up, Missing, I Came To Love You, Nancy Mulligan, Scared Of The Dark, Dy Na Mite, Love On The Weekend (twice), Fooling Around, I’m Stuck (twice), Refund To My Heart, Slowly Gently Softly, Strip That Down, Loves Just A Feeling, Lady In Red, Love On The Weekend, Cry For Me, Funky Sole & Italiano.

Our next Social at Shelf Village Hall is on Saturday 15th July, non stop dancing from 8.00 pm – 11.00 pm, admission includes the usual wonderful home made buffet supper, no bar BYO, everybody welcome.

*************************

SUBJECT:  LET'S DANCE DAY THIS SATURDAY

FROM:  LINDY BOWERS

Our LET'S DANCE DAY social is this coming Saturday, July 8th, at Beardall.  I hope you can join us as we test-dance our brand new floor.

I also want to let you know that the Monday after Fun In The Sun, (July 17th) we will have a little 'after party' from 5:30 to 8:30.  If you are staying over an extra day or so, please come dance with us at our regular class time on Monday evening. Please help me pass the word at FITS.  We are not too far from the Airport Marriott Hotel.

I also need to let everyone know that since I have a Thursday evening class, I will not be able to make the arrangements for the usual annual Chili's pre-FITS dinner.  I hope someone will step up and carry on the tradition, but if not, no worries..  I will see you at FITS on Thursday evening (after class is over at 8).

Attached are some flyers for upcoming dance fun.

Let your 👣 keep the beat 🎶!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

********************

SUBJECT:  LEGENDS IN LINE BIO OF FRED WHITEHOUSE

Here At Legends In Line, we welcome Fred Whitehouse to the Norbreck in November!

Fred Whitehouse was born and raised in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. He started his dancing career in his late teens following the footsteps of his 3 sisters. Fred went on to train in Holland for 4 years under the expertise and guidance of Roy Verdonk and Darren Bailey. Here he learned all styles of dance ranging from Waltz, Cha Cha, jive right through to Hip Hop/Street.

Fred enhanced his dance knowledge by taking private tuition from various dance teachers from around the world. He began competing at a world level and was the 1st male competitor to win through all Open Solo and Showcase Divisions, from novice to advanced level to achieve the highest accolade that can be achieved in competitive line dance. Fred also worked for H&A Musicals, performing one of the lead male dancers, in their production of ‘Churchill the Musical’ in the prestigious Lyric theatre, on London’s famous West End.

Fred has since travelled all over the world hosting workshops and judging competitions in places such as Malaysia, Florida, Las Vegas, Sweden, Denmark and France, to name just a few. He turned professional teaching and choreographing Line dances and Country Classic Couples where his students compete in Pro-Am competitions. Fred has trained many World Champions on both a Solo and Pro-Am level. His teaching doesn’t stop there, he has also choreographed many winning duos, quads and teams.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

**********************************

SUBJECT:  LEGENDS IN LINE BIO OF ROY VERDONK

Here at Legends In Line, we very much welcome Mr Roy Verdonk to the Norbreck in November!

Roy Verdonk was born Febuary 22, 1975 in Hague, Netherlands.

Following a study in sports education and while pursing law at the university, his interest for dancing started to become alive. It all started after seeing "Garth Brooks" live in concert in Holland. It was the amazing music that started the untamable dance fever in him. After searching throughout Hague (Holland) for dance classes , he finally found a country dance club that was called MBC. They were advertising that they were searching for some dancers to go to the World championships, which were held in the Disneyland hotel in Los Angeles, back in 1997.

After a year of hard work/training they went to Los Angeles and that was the year that Roy Verdonk won the highest world title in the solo category. From that point on, the snowball started to roll faster and faster. His life became itself like a rollercoaster ride. After being on many television shows, he started his own dance school and began to train students. As a result, he has trained more than 12 line dance "Stardancers" globally. He has trained more than 100 World champions, produced his own theatre show with Barry Stevens, signed a major contract with a record company, and has worked with some of the biggest artists of Holland. Roy Verdonk can really be called a "Master of the Trade".

With more than 15 years of choreographing and winning prestigious awards throughout the dance community, Roy has always stayed down to earth. He is a man that loves his work. Dancing as a passion will always be the great love in his life.

He currently is still training line dancers of all levels during privates, bootcamps abroad and at his own dance center. At his Dutch Dance Academy in Oudenbosch (nl) he also teaches lessons in other styles of dancing besides line dance, amongst others the popular style West Coast Swing!

Besides giving training and lessons, he travels the world giving workshops and shows with his "Roy Verdonk Dances Showteam" a group of young and inspired dances!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

**********************************

SUBJECT:  COPPERKNOB.CO.UK MOST POPULAR

Most Popular In The Last 7 Days

1

(5222 Views)

Somebody Wants You!    Daniel Trepat, Niels Poulsen, Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris, Roy Hadisubroto, Fiona Murray - May 2017

   40 Count     2 Wall     High Intermediate NC     Music: Somebody's Me by Enrique Iglesias. Buy on Amazon, iTunes, etc

2

(2811 Views)

My Simple Instruction    Darren Bailey (UK), Jef Camps (BE), Roy Verdonk (NL) & Amy Glass (USA) - June 2017

   64 Count     2 Wall     Phrased Intermediate     Music: "Instruction" by Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don

3

(2442 Views)

Slowly, Gently, Softly (SGS)    Gary O'Reilly (Ire) April 2017

   32 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: "Despacito (Remix)" by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee (feat. Justin Bieber)

4

(2150 Views)

Dame Mas    Emily Drinkall (USA) – Sébastien Bonnier (FR) – Guillaume RICHARD (FR) – Brigitte Zérah (FR) June 2017

   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music: Mas by Kamaleon

5

(1880 Views)

Lonely Drum    Darren Mitchell - June 2017

   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music: Lonely Drum - Aaron Goodvin (iTunes)

6

(1868 Views)

Little Nancy Mulligan    Ron Bloye (U.K.) 23rd June 2017

   32 Count     2 Wall     Easy Beginner     Music: Nancy Mulligan by Ed Sheeran. - iTunes and Amazon

7

(1753 Views)

Crazy Perfect Mess    Karl-Harry Winson and Kate Sala (UK) June 2017

   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: "Good Time to Be Alive" by Lady Antebellum. Album: Heart Break - iTunes & www.amazon.co.uk

8

(1746 Views)

Time To Surrender    Rachael McEnaney-White (UK/USA), Simon Ward (Australia) April 2017

   96 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate Viennese Waltz     Music: "The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore" – James Morrison. iTunes. Approx 146bpm and 4.15mins

9

(1672 Views)

You Got Me & I Got You    Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris ( June 2017)

   32 Count     4 Wall     Easy Intermediate     Music: Unpredictable by Olly Murs ft Louisa Johnson Single (iTunes)

10

(1586 Views)

Throwback Love    Pim van Grootel, José miguel Belloque Vane, Raymond Sarlemijn, Jean-Pierre Madge – June 2017

   56 Count     0 Wall     Phrased Intermediate     Music: "Throwback Love" by Meghan Trainor

*****************************

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven