World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 8/24 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 24, 2016, 9:54:04 AM8/24/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
WEDNESDAY, 8/24.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

SUBJECT: 08/21/2016 Survey Sorted by Intermediate and Beginner Dances
FROM: Adrienne Jenkins |
adrienne...@gmail.com

Here's the link of this week's intermediate & advanced dances sorted from this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of beginner/easy intermediate dances and more.

https://goo.gl/8DeV9V
*******************************
SUBJECT:  TUESDAY CLASS LAST NIGHT IN PINELLAS PARK.

We had a fun class last night.  Sandy Schoenberger did a GREAT job teaching HAND CLAP.  What a fun dance.  We love it.  It was good to have Diane, Mary Ann, Valerie, and Marie back last night from world travels and being sick.  It's always great to have our regulars there.  It's like our little weekly party.  LOL.  We missed Ann and Neil last and celebrated Neil's birthday without him with this gorgeoous cake, as well as Marilyn, Joan, and Cheryl.  Lots of birthdays this month.

We danced:
 Better When I’m Dancing,Jessie James. – rev. – Valerie,Lay Low,Extreme Love,Beautiful in my eyes,Solo Amor – review – Joan,Baby bring it Back,Ain’t misbehavin,Handclap – teach – Sandy,Hand Clap,Making History,ST1,High on Loving You, H.O.L.Y. – review– Lynda,Cake and Ice cream (this isn't a dance.  LOL),Stitches,Way down we go – teach – Valerie,
Way down we Go,Feel Good,Just Have Faith,Die a Happy Man,Cake by the Ocean,Pieces,Girls Like,Levels

BE SURE AND MARK YOUR CALENDARS:

Our next Sunday Social is a little over a month away on  Sunday Sept. 25th. We are still working on the Instructors and dances to be taught. Start thinking about a request list .

       Also our Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic will be the Monday after the weekend event Nov. 7th. This will be from 630 to 1030. We always have such a great time at our After Party and hope all of you can join us!

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

*********************
Subject: 30 places left October workshop
From:
dancewit...@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

Finally had a week and a weekend at home after 6 weeks of non stop travel, caught up on housework and 'touched' on some computer work :-)

A reminder for those of you who haven't registered for the October workshop, there are now only 30 places left and registration closes October 3rd.

Workshop and Social in Orlando
Saturday 22nd October 2016
The Whirl and Twirl Dance Hall
Hot lunch, step book, free entrance to the Barn all included.
Registration form available here: http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Orlando_October_Workshop.html

Looking forward to seeing you all, it feels like a lifetime since the last workshop ;-)

Much love x--
Rachael

www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
+1 407-538-1533

Rachael McEnaney - White
Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.
4 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,
9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year
******************************
Subject: WDM Missing Step Sheet
From: Scott Blevins

We had a blast at World Dance Masters 2016, as we always do. Such a great event and should be on everyone's must attend list. I taught 'Make You Move' and my brand new dance 'The Wild Life'.
The missing step sheet for 'The Wild Life' is now available. Click on the link below to check it out.
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-wild-life-ID112944.aspx
******************************
From:  janis....@googlemail.com
Subject:  Dance Reviews - August 2016

Hi, some recent dance reviews.

BACK AT MAMA’s – Andrew & Sheila Palmer & Tina Argyle
64 count, 4 wall Intermediate dance – 2 tags, one constipated tag and a tiddler
Music:  Back at Mama’s by Tim McGraw
Like this dance the more I do it although it could do with dancing straight through rather than have a tiddler in the middle and a taglet at the end of wall 5.  Walk scuff, walk scuff, shuffle then repeat – you’d think that would be easy but you try not to scuff when you want to walk!  I got quite grumpy about it.  I do think that if you are going to have a tag in the middle of a wall then it should be an easy one, like a rocking chair or a sway as in the end of Wall 5.  They just put people off their stride and they forget what comes next!  Meanwhile……

LINGER -  Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris
32 count, 2 wall High Intermediate dance – 2 restarts
Music:  Linger by Guy Sebastian feat. Lupe Fiasco
Love it, tricky timing, brill choreography, what more could you ask for.  Music is good too. The ending into the beginning is quicker than you think. Their dances always make your brain hurt but so enjoyable when you can do them!

ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC – Rachael McEnaney-White
44 count, 2 wall Improver dance (tagless)
Music:  Rock and Roll Music by Bryan Adams
Such a smashing wee dance and we all know the track so we can sing along to it as well.  Choreography fits a treat especially the odd 4 counts in the middle of the dance!  Remember to bump on the and!

DIFFERENT FOR GIRLS – Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris
32 count, 4 wall Improver dance – 1 restart
Music:   Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley
Confused.com!  I could not figure out why I was on the wrong foot all the time at the beginning and confusing the class no end.  Then ding a bell went in my head, the dance started on the right foot.  They so do not start on the right, it’s always the left so took me awhile to get it right.  Lovely piece of music and makes a nice change to dance something other than a shuffle to a slower easier dance.  Once I started off on the right foot of course, no the left!

NOBODY BUT ME – Roy Verdonk et al
Phrased Improver dance
Part A – 32 counts
Part B – 16 counts, you only dance Part B twice both on the side walls so sequence is quite easy – ABA ABA AAAA16
Music:  Nobody But Me by Michael Buble (a little bit of rap that sounds like Pitbull in the middle but surely not?!)
Now I just love Michael Buble so will always check out a dance to his music.  There is also a baby dance by Carrie Ann Green which will be suitable for your beginners.  A marmite dance as you will either love it or loathe it.  I loved it, loved watching Roy dance it and enjoyed dancing it myself.  Some of the counts are slow, you have to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the music.

LA POMPA – Ria Vos

48 count, 4 wall Intermediate dance – 1 restart

Music: Mueve La Pompa (feat. Mista 'O'), Marki

Stick it up your jumper was my first thought on hearing the music.  It’s quite odd and sounds distorted halfway through, however, the music grew on me so decided to teach it and I love it now.  It’s quite funky with a samba feel to it and yes, no dance these days is complete it seems without a volta or should it be a volte or just ball step around!  If only they were all the same and I did not go off on a tangent with the others!  Don’t forget to sneeze on the sambas which gives the step the correct technique. 1 aichoo!

PIECES – Dustin Betts
32 count, 4 wall Intermediate NC2S dance – 1 tiddler
Music:  Pieces by Rob Thomas
What a lovely dance, really enjoyed this one, once I had got my head round section 3!  Felt like I was chasing my tail, as in where I am Olly…  You need to concentrate on the count though, lots of syncopation slipped in to catch you out!  Quite a slow dance so tempting to rush on ahead of the music but don’t!  Section 3 – I kept looking at it and then watched it and then shelved it.  So when I was felt that my brain could work it out I watched one of the tutorials and bless you, Yvonne Yeh, for giving me the tip that when you came out of that particular sequence (and if you have already done the dance, you will know which part I mean, you would be facing where your left shoulder was pointing when you started that bit.  That sure helped and it all fell into place.  Well worth the effort.

DEAR FRIEND – Kate Sala
56 count, 4 wall Intermediate dance with a slow thingy in the middle and what seems like a hail mary!   Guess you could just stand there for 12 counts.
Music:  Dear Friend by Ward Thomas
Great music although was not fussed on first listening to it but its growing on me fast and I do like the speed of the dance.

DRIFT AWAY – Rob Fowler
32 count, 4 wall Improver dance – 1 restart
Music:  Drift Away by Nathan Carter
No chance to drift away with this one.  You feel like a bobbing cork in the first Section (I was mortified when I said to my class that you feel like a bobbing c**k).  Great dance, great music and feel good factor to the dance.

ME, MARIE – Rob Fowler
32 count, 4 wall beginner dance
Music:  Me, Marie by Billy Yates
I love dancing this one myself, music is my cup of tea and the beginners are getting it whether they like it or not but luckily they do.  Fairly bobs along and although it goes off piste, it doesn’t matter.  Not really heard much of this singer before but I love his voice, must go find an album.

STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU – Teresa & Vera
32 count 4 wall Intermediate dance – 1 restart (when you are not thinking about him!)
Music:   Every Time I Hear That Song by Blake Shelton
Such a nice dance, really enjoying this one and have taught it in most of my classes so some are doing it twice, which is no bad thing.   It’s really hard to keep a balance on what you teach these days as everyone learns at a different pace.  You hear of instructors teaching and recapping really hard dances every week but do they retain them?  I think not unless you are prepared to reteach it every time and then there is always the next complex dance to learn. So guess it is dance and dump then on to the next one.  All that effort by our choreographers to be dumped after 3 weeks, it would be nice to brainwash, sorry teach dancers the dance until their feet can do it on their own and enjoy it.  So the ones you tend to remember are the country ones where you can feel the music rather that yet another pop track who’s popularity wanes as you here it again and again…., then get bored with it and the dance follows the same path to the WPB!  Of course there is always the exception.

MORE DESSERT – Guyton Mundy & Klara Wallman
Phrased “Really Hard” Super Advanced dance even though it says Phrased Intermediate - so not
Music:  Dessert by Dawin feat. Silento remix
No not the Sahara, puddings!  I just took to the music, then I checked out the dance.  Guyton makes it look so easy and I admit defeat in some of the moves but I will enjoy it!!!  The count in is naff, sure wish choreographers would include this in their step sheets.  To say start on the vocals is a cop out, to say nothing is a cop out.  It does fit the music a treat, it’s just the pathway getting there.  I think I would prefer a sticky toffee pudding with syphilis on top!   I do love chugging though, it is so therapeutic.  And then there is the clap section!

KICK A LITTLE DIRT AROUND – Rob Fowler
1000 count, phrased Intermediate dance – tags and tiddlers galore
Music:  Kick A Little Dirt Around by David Shelby
Reminds me a tad of DRIVEN with the vaudevilles, love the music, it’s just really complicated.  You only have to mention one flipping tag and they groan so when you just go on and on and on and oh don’t forget the ending etc etc etc they are fed up before you start.  Do not give up, it’s a fab dance and once they get it and where all the dodgy bits are, you will be fine. Cross between Driven, Syncopated Rhythm and a few others. Not too sure on the double stomp bit as it feels a bit awkward, maybe you need boots for that section.

YOUR HEAVEN – Niels Poulsen
32 count, 4 wall Improver dance – 2 restarts, a taglet and an ending
Music:  Take Me To Your Heaven by Charlotte Nillsson
Oooh ABBA fans, enjoy this one.  Sounds like ABBA?  Probably because it was written by Bjourn and Benny or whatever their names were  (I know the B’s (appropriate letter!) are the men and the A’s are the woman.  Methinks B******* for the men and Awesome for the woman appropriate adjectives.  I am a huge ABBA fan so did enjoy this one and the finger snapping creep at the end.  No not Niels, the sloooooooooooow jazzbox!

Thanks
Janis
**********************
Subject:  Autumn in New Hampshire with SCOTT BLEVINS
From: Heather Davis

Please join us October 21 and 22, 2016 for a workshop with SCOTT BLEVINS at the Brookline Event Center, 32 Proctor Hill Road, Brookline (Nashua) NH!

It's less than 2 months away! Have you sent in your registration yet?

Evening dance on Friday, workshop on Saturday, followed by an evening dance.  Easy intermediate to advance dances.  Bring your lunch.  Beverage and snacks available for purchase at the hall.   Workshop is $40 before October 8.  Dances $10.

Our event hotel is the Hampton Inn Nashua, 407 Amherst St., Nashua. (603)883-5333.  $129 before Sept 22.  Free breakfast, wifi, micro and fridge.  Restaurants nearby.  Online code D2R or ask for Scott Blevins workshop by phone.  Register early as Fall in New England is a busy hotel time.

Registration and more info at www.DeniseBrault.com
***********************
SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

23 August 2016 Edition

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

Subject: West Coast Wednesdays Tonight!!!
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

​Come join us for a fun night of WCS for ALL levels!!! The beginner class will focus on the starter step this week
and then it's time to tackle those TURNS in the novice and intermediate classes!!!

Schedule
6:30 FREE Beg
7-7:30- Novice $5
7:30-7:45 Practice/Open Dancing
7:45-8:30- Intermediate $10 (theory and technique applied to easy fun patterns)
8:30-10:00- Social Party

Hope to see you there!!
Danielle
dbdance.net

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.