World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 4/18 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Carol Craven

Apr 18, 2018, 10:12:07 AM4/18/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday 4/18

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

 Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

 If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

 Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

*********************************

NOTE FROM ME:  I’m posting a QUESTION OF THE WEEK on the World Line Dance Newsletter Group on Facebook (have you joined yet?)  If not, just go to this link and ask and I’ll approve you.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/19756283323/

If you aren’t on Facebook but would like to answer the question or if you don’t want to use your name, you can send it to me at tka...@aol.com and I will include it as long as it meets the guidelines.

 QUESTION FOR THE WEEK OF 4/18

Think about the best teachers you have taken classes from -- well known or not -- and what they do to enhance the learning experience.

Thanks for all the responses last week.

GUIDELINES:

Please do not target any one person or event in your answers. If  you don’t want to include your name, you can send your response to me at tka...@aol.com  and you can add only your first name or anonymous.  I want this to be an informative discussion and not a way to vent against things or people you don't like because I have the discretion to not post the answers if that happens. I think it will be interesting. PLEASE if you have a question you would like answered, send it to me at tka...@aol.com and I will add it to the list without your name. I am going to avoid things like "Who is your favorite instructor/choreographer," etc., and stick to more general things as you will see when I start posting the questions. As long as you don't target specific people or events I won't use your name and if you do that, I won't consider using the question. Please put QUESTION in the subject line when you reply via email so I will know that is what you are sending. Thank you. Carol.

*******************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  April 17 Last night Pinellas Park, FL

We celebrated Anne Splain’s birthday last night.  I had to leave before the cake because I have had a really bad cold.  I think I might be starting to feel like a human again for the first time in days.  Maybe by the end of the week it will be all gone – I hope.  Diane had to go to the hospital to have some blood tests and to get her sodium and potassium levels tested and back in sync.  I’m hoping she will be able to come home today.  Thanks to everyone who made the class run smoothly last night.  Lynda was also not feeling well so we will do a good review of Gypsy in the Night next week and Anne will teach Ria Vos’s Adventure 45 by Vos and Vane, Next week

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/adventure-45-ID124504.aspx

and Sheri will teach WATCH THE TEMPO

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/watch-the-tempo-ID124008.aspx

 Tuesday 4-17-18

Gypsy Queen

Eyes For You

Blessed

K is for Kicks

Champagne Promise

Sweet Caroline

Nancy Mulligan

Ain’t Misbehavin’

7:00

Doing The Walk- teach – Ann

The Fighter

Make you Stay

7:20

If It Don’t Matter – review – Liz

11:59

Yeah

7:35

Thai Of My Life – Tech – Jai

Thai Of My Life

8:10 Birthday Cake for Ann

Change My Ways

We’ll Stay Young – 1 wall

Everybody’s Groovin’

Thai of My Life

Slowly Gently Softly

Lipstick Tango

Pull you through

Havana

Tightrope

Dive Right In

So just Dance Dance Dance

Perfect

Strip that down

Bittersweet memory

 The new teach was THAI OF MY LIFE by Simon Ward, taught by Jai

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/thai-of-my-life-ID123782.aspx

Anne reviewed:

DOING THE WALK

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/doing-the-walk-ID124073.aspx

 Liz reviewed

IF IT DON'T MATTER

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/search.aspx?Search=if+it+don%27t+matter&SearchType=Any&Beat=-1&Level=Any&Wall=-1&Lang=Any

 Hope to see you next week.

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

 Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

 ******************************

  SUBJECT :    LINE   DANCE  CLASSES  WITH  ARLINE WINERMAN.   ----- PINELLAS  PARK   AND       SEMINOLE,   FL

FROM :   ARLINE  WINERMAN

727  551-0062

luvtoda...@webtv.net

HI  -  hope  everyone is   ready  for   Summer.     I am teaching   two    classes now - using the  walker -  but doing  OK.

WED.   -   6 -  7:30   HIGH BEG.   (WITH PHYLLIS)

SENIOR   CENTER

7625    59TH   ST.

PINELLAS  PARK,  FL

33781

$6.00

***   NOTE   -  THIS   IS  A  NEW  LOCATION  FOR  THIS CLASS.

THURS.   -     HIGH BEG.  /  EASY INT.

7 - 9

SEMINOLE  ELKS

SEMINOLE  BLVD   AND   NEAR   106TH   ST.

$6.00

The  dances   are  mostly   classic  favorites  -  "Come  Dance With Me"    etc.

Newer  dances    I am teaching  are:

1159

Bored

Champagne Promise

Gypsy Queen

Lonely Drum

Havana  Cha

(  and   some  easy   dances  to   popular  Int.   dance  music )

Everyone  is   welcome -    come join us.   I  would  love to see you.

Luv -   Arline

*********************************

Subject:           FloriDANCE 2018 Posting

From:   flori...@yahoo.com

Join us for our 7th Annual FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop!

This year we are featuring
Jonno Liberman from CA
Brandon Zahorsky from NY
Will Craig from NC
and DJ JP Potter from NC

The Ballroom of Ormond Beach has recently changed their name to Club 1250.

They provide our dancers with,
2,800sqft of competition grade dance floor
Professional sound and lighting
Ample lighted parking areas
and now a full liquor bar!

The Friday evening dance will have the ballroom transformed into a "Speakeasy" dance party! This is included in your weekend registration!

Saturday night is our "All that Glitters" Ball! Think Gatsby and 1920's glamour! Wear anything that sparkles and you should fit right in!
Saturday Workshops will feature hourly workshops by our guest instructors and catered lunch!

Registration Fees
Group: $60.00 *10+ registrations/payments by 05-01-2018
Early: $65.00 *Single registration turned in by 05-01-2018
Regular: $75.00 *All registrations after 05-01-2018

Registration includes: Friday evening dance party, saturday workshop, step sheets, catered lunch, Saturday evening dance party, and MORE!

Catered lunch is provided by Dustin's BBQ
Pulled Pork
Mac & Cheese
Green Beans
Dinner Roll
Sweet Tea, Iced Tea, & Lemonade
Side Salad
and Dessert.

HOTEL INFO
Sleep Inn of Ormond Beach
170 Williamson Blvd.
Ormond Beach, FL
386-673-6030
$89.00+tax (Must mention FloriDANCE)

Click this link to register online!
https://squareup.com/
store/floridance-productions
*Sorry groups, you must register through mail.

Stay tuned for complete info on hotel and catering as we finalize those details in the coming weeks!

*This email has been approved to be answered by Jerry Lee Miller in regards to any matters relating to FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018.

Patrick Fleming
FloriDANCE Director
Jerry Miller
Head of Registration

Flori...@yahoo.com
321-507-8498

FloriDANCE Line Dance Workshop 2018
Saturday June 9th, 2018
The Ballroom of Ormond Beach

Instructors:
Brandon Zahorsky

Jonno Liberman
Will Craig
DJ JP Potter

 https://squareup.com/store/floridance-productions

 *********************************

SUBJECT:  HOEDOWN THROWDOWN FUNDRAISER ON MAY 24TH, BOSTON

By way of introduction, I'm Dawn Carvalho, the assistant to the Executive Director of Lucy's Love Bus, Beecher Grogan. The mission of Lucy’s Love Bus™ is to deliver comfort and quality of life to pediatric cancer patients by providing funds for free integrative therapies, and to engage young people in activism and philanthropy through our Lucy's KidCorps™ program.

I'm writing to you today because Lucy's Love Bus is having a Hoedown Throwdown fundraiser on May 24th at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston. Zeke from Alamada Events suggested we send this information to you to be added to your newsletter. I'm including both our event poster and url for the event.

If you have any further questions or need anything else please let me know.

Warmest regards,

Dawn

http://lucyslovebus.org/news-events/event/2018/05/24/love-bus-hoedown-throwdown/195459

--

Dawn Carvalho

Executive Assistant

Lucy's Love Bus

Delivering Comfort... Until A Cure.

www.LucysLoveBus.org

A 501(c)3 non-profit organization, Tax ID #20-4036256.

Become a monthly sustainer and help fuel Lucy's Love Bus all year long by joining Lucy's LoveCorps™ today!

Direct line (978) 429-5833

Fax (857) 277-1807

PO Box 464 | Amesbury, MA 01913 [Mailing Address]

21 Water Street, Suite 302 | Amesbury, MA 01913 [Main Office]

89 South Street, Suite LL02 | Boston, MA 02111 [Boston Office]

*********************************

SUBJECT:  joplin

Lines & Vines

One Day Mini Workshop

WHEN

Sunday June 24th, 2018

10-4 (Doors open at 9 for open dancing)

WHERE

Joplin Square Dance Center

1801 W. Second St. Joplin, Missouri

Instructors form the 4 State Area:

Gwen Walker Springdale, Arkansas;  Ginger Pearish Grove Oklahoma; Linda Jensen Shawnee, Kansas; Marie Spruk Joplin, Missouri

Learn an Improver Level Dance and a Beginner Dance every hour

EARLY BIRD TICKETS

$15 if purchased before June 1st

$25 if purchased after June 1st

$35 at the door

MORNING SNACK, BOTTLED WATER AND LIGHT LUNCH INCLUDED

Please feel free to bring snacks for your table

BEAUTIFUL SPACIOUS HARDWOOD DANCE FLOOR

TYRA FARRIS  785-640-0544

tyr...@yahoo.com

***************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

17 April 2018 EDITION

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

***************************************

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

 Subject:  IRELAND’S NEWEST COUNTRY MUSIC SUPERSTAR:  “OWEN MAC”

From:      Ira Weisburd (USA)

A 15 year old boy from Northern Ireland has captured the hearts and souls of line dancers throughout the world.  Since releasing the line dance to his brand new song, MY MOTHER MY TEACHER MY FRIEND, just days after the song came out, it has been in the TOP 10 for more than 6 weeks and remains at #1 on Copperknob for the 2nd consecutive week !!  There are at least 30 videos from more than 20 countries and has set a record high of nearly 9,000 views and over 1,500 likes on Copperknob !!

Owen’s mum, Michelle, messaged and friended me just days after the videos started popping up on Youtube and thanked me privately and publicly for making the world aware of her son’s music.  Owen and Michelle have gone even further to publish a video thanking all the instructors and dancers around the world for learning the dance to his song:  https://www.facebook.com/owenmacmusic/videos/2106403389604093/?t=6    They have seen all the videos and lovely comments posted and continue to share them with Owen’s many fans.

Owen has just given his first live Television Performance where you can hear and see him singing MY MOTHER MY TEACHER MY FRIEND: https://youtu.be/KVu-Cw8amz8

Click here to learn the #1 Country Line Dance to this song: https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/my-mother-my-teacher-my-friend-ID124035.aspx

Owen singing his song on Live TV to his Mum (below)

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven