World Line Dance Newsletter Thursday 2/5

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 5, 2015, 9:25:05 AM2/5/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Thursday 2/5  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

******************************

SUBJECT:  Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL
FROM:        Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

EARLY THURSDAY tomorrow night at Cowboys Saloon and special guests,
Jersey Girls Linda and Carol!
Some of you were on that WOW Event trip a few years back when we had
the Karaoke contest with the whole
group of Jersey Girls (oh, and I think we won too - with those "raining
men").
Will be a fun night of dance and seeing these two friends while they're
here in Florida!
Doors open at 7PM for an early teach. Still deciding between YES by
Simon and Jo T. (fast) and  Nightclub 2 (2 choices).
Last week was Throwback Thursday with several dances from years back!
Fun, but I had to re-learn all of them!!

FRIDAY NIGHT easy Line and Couples dancing to great music on the best
dance floor in Florida!
See you tonight at Cowboys at 7PM for Early Teach or 7:30PM when doors
open.
No cover charge so please support the club and buy somethng to drink!
**********************
SUBJECT:  Wild Wild West Reno   May 14-17, 2015

Please join us for Wild Wild West Reno   May 14-17,

2015.
Grand Sierra Resort is the event hotel. The new owner

just finished a $25 million renovation. All rooms are

brand new. Grand Sierra Resort is located at Reno, 5

minutes away from Reno Airport. Free shuttle

between hotel and the airport every 30 minutes.

Beautiful Lake Tahoe is a short 45 minute ride from

the hotel. Great area for sightseeing, fishing and golf.
TWO ballrooms for all levels dancers. Main ballroom

will play Intermediate to Advanced level dances. Fun

and Easy Ballroom for happy beginner to Intermediate

dancers. Both Ballrooms are over 9,000 sf. All

choreographers will teach in both ballrooms. Dave

Baycroft and Jill Babinec are your event DJs.

Confirmed choreographers / instructors
Michael Barr
Scott Blevins
Michele Burton
Roy Hadisubroto
Jo & John Kinser
Ruben Luna
Rachael McEnaney
Guyton Mundy
Dee Musk
Jo Thompson-Szymanski

And Guest Instructors:
Juliet Lam
Brenda Shatto
Julia Wetzel

Registration forms available:

www,amynfriendslinedance.com
Sight seeing tours available
Party bus available

Important deadline dates:
March 31st - registration increase from $159-$169
April 12 - hotel room block price increases
May 1 - registration for the event closes

Contact
Michael Barr / Michele Burton
530.586.0255 530.586-0049
mb...@saber.net   mbur...@gmail.com
www.Michaelandmichele.com
************************
SUBJECT:  DANCES AT THE ROUNDUP IN TAMPA
FROM:  MARGARET HOWARD

Thursday dance are
No other shotgun rider song Shotgun rider by Tim Mc

Graw. Dance by Wendy Mager. This ole bay song by

craig Craig campbell, Dance by Rachel Mcenaney.

Dear Future Husband song Meghan Trainer. Dance

Julia Wetzel.
Friday,Shake it by Taylor Swift, dance by Ronald

Moon.Homegrown by Zac Brown. dance by Margaret

Morrison.
The LC&C. Song Lincoln continentals and cadillacs.

Dance by Kathy Brown.Sweet like cola song by Lou

Bega. Dance by Francien Sittop.
Saturday Homegrown, Shake it,Back in the day and

That's where I belong.

Margaret M. Howard
****************************
SUBJECT:  LINEDANCER MAGAZINE WEEKLY UPDATE

We look at back at the very successful 19th Crystal

Boot Awards, checking out every workshop dance in

details with script, music sample and video if

available.... A great collection and perhaps a dance or

two you may enjoy learning!
Click Here now

kly-nl/

Latest Top Ten
1 We Only Live Once (%age of votes: 5%)
2 Superheroes (%age of votes: 4%)
3 Uptown Funk (%age of votes: 3%)
4 Up (%age of votes: 3%)
5 Fireball (%age of votes: 3%)
6 Eternal Secret (%age of votes: 3%)
7 Run Away With You (%age of votes: 2%)
8 One Great Mystery (%age of votes: 2%)
9 Yes! (%age of votes: 2%)
10 Angel In Blue Jeans (%age of votes: 2%)

Issue 226 available online now

The latest Issue of the monthly Linedancer Magazine

is available online now.

Read about the recent Crystal Boot Awards, see

what's in the charts and learn a new dance or 2.

Start reading it now

Linedancer Magazine VAT #582489986 - Company

#2889999
| Visit the Linedancer Magazine website | Unsubscribe

from this newsletter |
 ************************
SUBJECT:  1ST AND 3RD TUESDAY CLASS THIS WEEK

We had fun at class, as usual, with some new visitors

from out of the area.  We danced:
American Kids

I’m In Love With You,The Booze Cruise,Alcazar – 1 wall

– Cheri,Rhythm Of Love – 1 – wall – Ann,Pontoon,
Don’t,Drink in my Hand,Beneath It All – Teach – Sheri,
Beneath It All,Going down to the River,Swamp thing,
Caught in the moonlight,Uptown Funk – teach – Lynda,
Uptown Funk,Country Girl (shake it for

me),Cheesecake,Get Ready,Creepin,Pull The Trigger –

teach/review – Sheri,Pull The Trigger,Just Be – teach –

Cheryl,Counting Stars

Hope to see you at class on Feb 17th.  Quite a group

are going to Lindy's Dance Day on Saturday and

Rachael's social on Sunday so it will be another great

dance weekend in Florida!!

********************
Subject:  Moving to Knoxville, TN area
From:
sand...@suddenlink.net

We will soon be moving to the Knoxville, TN area and

was hoping that someone would be able to email me

with information on where to line dance...classes as

well as night clubs.  Thanks for any help.  Sandy

Hughes
************************

SUBJECT:  December 2014 World Dance Instructor

Survey
FROM:  Edie Driskill
wdis...@linelessons.com
Hello Line Dancers,  Ending my first year as the

coordinator of this survey, I'm excited to get more

participation and more state/provinces/countries

represented in 2015.  If you would like to contribute

your data or be including in the email list for the

complete survey, please send me a note.   Thank you,

Edie
December 2014                                           Compiled by:

                                wdis...@linelessons.comWorld

Dance Instructor Survey                Edie Driskill

                     614-214-7199 (Ohio, USA)

71 Instructors Reporting

550 Dances

1029 Teaches

18 Teaches
American Kids; Randy Pelletier; TX-7, FL, CA-2, OR, CO,

AZ-4, VA-2

9 Teaches
Fun For All; Sue Ann Ehmann; TX-6, VA-3*
Right On Time; Michell & Micharl; TX-8, CO
Such A Fool; Neils Poulson; TX-8, TN

8 Teaches
A Little Love Worth Waiting 4; Norman Gifford; TX-2,

CA-4, TX, NM
Ah Si; Rita Masur; CO-2, TX-4, MN, VA
Falling Rain; Juliet Lam; TX-6, TN-2
High Cotton; Neils Poulsen; TX-6, AZ-2
Wonder Train; Ria Vos; TX-6, AZ-2

7 Teaches
Ain't Wot U Do;  Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris; MO,

TX-3, MN-3
Caught In the Moonlight; Rachael McEnaney; TX-5,

CO-2
Just Be;  Fred Whitehouse & Darren Bailey;  AZ-5, CA-2
Mamma Maria; Frank Trace; TX-7
Moving Hips;  Frank Trace;  GA-4, OR, MN, VA
Rita’s Waltz; Jo Thompson Symanski; CO, TX-6
Zatchu; Beth Webb & Peter Blaskowski; CA-2, TX-4,

NM

6 Teaches
Candy Girl; Juliet Lam; TX-6
Don't;  Amy Glass;  MO-2, CA, VA-3
Double Shot of Crown; Felicia Harris Jones; CA-2, MO,

TN, TX, VA
Honey Pie; Maggie Gallagher; TX-6
Little Red Book; Dee Musk; TX-5, CO
Pontoon; Gail Smith; TX-6
Ring My Bells; Julie Wetzel; TX-4, AZ, VA
Rumble!; Vivienne Scott; TX-6
Walking Through; Ria Vos; TX-5, VA

5 Teaches
All About that Bass;  Gail A. Dawson;  OH-2, TN, OR, VA
Backroads Bump; Derek Steele; FL-5
Country As Can Be; Suzanne Wilson; TX5
Cut a Rug; Jo & Rita Thompson; TX-3, MN-2
Dream Lover;  Daniel Whitaker;  AZ-2, TX-2, TN
Get It Bae;  Cynthia Baldwin;  GA-4, MN
Piano Man; Robbie McGowan Hickie & Tony Vassell;

TX-4, UK
Poco De Salsa; Scott Blevins; CA-2, MN-3
Rockin’ The Wagon Wheel; Jamie Marshall; TX-5
Run Rudolph; Sue Ann Ehmann; VA, VA-4*
Shake That Bass; Felicia Harris Jones; TX-4, CO
Sleep; Kate Sala; TX-5

****************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT KAREN STURMEY IS TEACHING IN THE UK

bit hit and miss at the moment  some classes very busy,  some not so. the
threat of snow. or light snow falls at tea time putting people off.  cant
blame them at all.  then we have had to cancel some cos of snow.  nothing we
can do

SHADES OF PASSION  ROB FOWLER WEEK 1  heard so many good reports about how
well this dance has gone down in classes.  and have to be honest. tonight it
got the thumbs up.   took a lot longer to teach than i thought it would. the
iffy bit, being the spiral and pencil turn.  but the extra time it took well
worth the effort.  later on we played it again and everybody remembred it.

ROCK AND ROLL KING RACHEAL MCEANEY  WEEK 2  all classes liking this one,
music they are all familar with, nothing too tricky and 2 easy tags.

MEMPHIS LOVE  VICKI MORRIS WEEK 2  dont know why i didnt teach this one
earlier.   no tags etc.   easy peasy and a g8 country track,  bit hit in all
classes.

UPTOWN FUNK  ROB FOWLER WEEK 3  oh yes they really like this one.

BEGINNERS/IMPROVERS/INTERMEDITES WHO WANT A SLOW DOWN.

corn dont grow.
cecilia
blue rose is
grundy gallop
blue nigtht cha
white rose
easy come easy go
just me and you
top secret shuffle

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com