World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 2/6 & Reminder to vote!

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2015, 10:37:19 AM2/6/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

FRIDAY 2/6  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE
SUNDAY AFTERNOON.  INSTRUCTIONS AT THE
BOTTOM OF EVERY NEWSLETTER.

SUBJECT:  STACY HAS POSTED BIG BANG VIDEOS  ON

arcia.html
************************
Subject: Scott Blevins' 50th Birthday Bash and Dance

Event, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
From: Scott Blevins

Everyone is invited to join Scott and friends on this all
inclusive land based dance holiday. Fun, Sun, Dance
and Celebrate Scott turning the BIG 50!!!  Two great
packages 7day and 4 day.  Both include the Bday
Celebration and Dance event plus Hotel, food,
beverages (including alcohol) and airport transfer to
and from the Cancun International Airport.

Go to www.scottblevins.com to print the flyer or
contact Scott Blevins at scottb...@me.com for
more info or to get booked.
*******************
SUBJECT:  CENTRAL VERMONT LINE DANCE

WORKSHOP

FROM: Denise Brault   Denise...@gmail.com
Please join Sid McLam and me on Saturday March
14th for our annual spring workshop at the Old Labor
Hall in Barre, VT.  This workshop is geared toward
easy to low intermediate dances.   Doors will open at
12:30 and workshop runs 1:00 - 5:00 PM.   Cost is $25
before March 7, and $30 at the door.
There is more information and a registration flyer on
my website at www.DeniseBrault.com

We hope you'll join us for a fun afternoon of great

dancing!
*************************
SUBJ:  2015 FT. WAYNE DANCE FOR ALL

CHOREOGRAPHY
FROM:  Jamie and Barney Marshall

We are thrilled of the response for the 2015 Ft. Wayne
Dance for All Choreography Exhibition.  If numbers
hold true, we have over 50 new dances to introduce
to the dance community!  It's not too late to join!
Entry deadline and step sheets must be received by
February 10th.  Only $5 per dance!  We've changed
things up a bit from previous years.  We offer only 3
divisions:  Newcomer/Novice; Intermediate/Advanced
and Phrased.  If you enter at least 1 dance in each of
the 3 divisions, you qualify for the OVERALL and the
highest combined score wins $250 from our sponsor
Marco Club Connection! (Note:  if entering more than 1
dance per division (4 is allowed), only the highest
score is counted towards Overall.) Additionally, Marco
Club Connection (marcoclubconnection.com) is
offering a special division for this year's promotional
artist, Olivia Lane's new release "BOYS".  You have a
choice of the original version or the dance mix (email
Jamie at thejamie...@att.net for a download of
the songs).  The winner of "BOYS" also wins $250!

That's $500 possible for our choreographers!  Winning
dances are awarded a teaching slot on Saturday too!
Official rules are available at

www.ftwaynedanceforall.com.  Please email Jamie at

thejamie...@att.net with questions.

Remember, we welcome walk-ins so please call your
friends and join us at the 2015 Ft. Wayne Dance for All
on February 26 - March 1st. It's the perfect weekend
for first-timers and beginners.  The Ft. Wayne Dance
for All is the only event that offers such a variety of
dance! (Don't forget to bring your favorite ZOMBIE
attire for the ZOMBIE BALL on Saturday night!
ZOMBIES JUST WANNA DANCE.  Plus the 2016 theme
is revealed!)  Don't miss it!

Jamie & Barney Marshall
www.ftwaynedanceforall.com
**********************
Subject:  Line Dance Showdown, Quincy, MA – March

26-29, 2015
From:  JC Dance Productions, Inc.
 You are invited to the 14th Annual Line Dance

Showdown to be held at Marriott Boston Quincy in

Quincy, Massachusetts.

 Workshops
ALL workshops are included in your weekend or daily
passes.  Workshops will be on Friday, Saturday, and
Sunday.  A complete workshop schedule will be
available online two weeks prior to the event.  We are
offering a variety of workshops at all levels.  Register
early for savings on your weekend and day passes.
You must purchase a weekend or daily pass to attend
workshops.  Here is the link for a registration form:

5.pdf

 Instructors
Some of the best instructors from around the world

have been CONFIRMED and you don’t want to miss

this line-up:
Scott Blevins (IN)
Will Craig (NC)
Dancin’ Dean (VT)
Rob Fowler (Spain)
Kenny J (NJ)
Rhoda Lai (Canada)
Steve Lescarbeau (MA)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Debbie McLaughlin (UK)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
Ed Williams (NY)
And Helena Jeppsson,  the WINNER of WDM

Choreography Competition

The Showdown
This is an ANYTHING GOES competition and it is
HUGE!  $2,000.00 in cash prizes.  The Solo’s / Duo’s /
Team’s will be competing against each other for the
$700 first place prize and $300 prize for the one with
the most audience votes.  You get a total of (6) Six
minutes on the floor to see if you’re good enough to
take home the cash.  Rules are. ……There are no
rules!

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This is the first year for the USLDCC (United States

Line Dance Choreography Championships). Please
visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to
qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2015.
Select your song, create your dance with some of
your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it
a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Accommodations
The Line Dance Showdown will be held at Boston
Marriott Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts.  The
Boston Marriott Quincy is proud to offer you a special
room rate of $106.00 per night.  For room
reservations, please call 617-472-1000 or 800-228-
9290.  Mention The Line Dance Showdown to get the
special room rate.

For questions or more information, please email us at:

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
**************************
SUBJECT: LOTS OF LINEDANCING ON LITTLE IDLE DE
LA REUNION
FROM: MARTIE PAPENDORF

Wow! is the reaction when catching a glimpse for the

1st time of this beautiful and photogenic volcanic Ile
de la Reunion bathing in late afternoon sunrays.
Situated East of Madagascar this [almost exclusively
French speaking] island is 63 km long; 45 km wide;
and covers 2,512 square km. It is located above a
hotspot in the Earth's crust with an active volcano in
the South.

Since the island is close to the continental shelf, the
sea becomes very deep not far from the coast. The
presence of nearby deeper ocean currents supports a
rich biodiversity fauna and flora in the reef
environment.

Being on 21° S in the Indian Ocean makes for a very
tropical climate, not unlike Cape Town in February.
The more than 9 kilometers long coral reef, that
covers a concentrated part of the western littoral, is a
World Heritage Site, the name of which is inscribed on
UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
Because of sharks in the area swimming in the sea in
restricted to mostly the areas behind the coral reef as
it usually has shallow water and white sandy
beaches.

This off course makes spotting the sharks somewhat
easier.
Not wishing to stub a toe on the coral, and mess up
any subsequent dancing, I really wished I had thought
of bringing water shoes along swimming off sore
muscles in the beautifully clear 28°C water while
visiting the island in December 2014.
I was there as a guest of Rosanne Du Pont having
been invited to take part in her year-end function and
the AFMTelethon in aid of the “Association Française
contre les Myopathie” [French Association against
Myopathy] …..and have the T-shirt to prove it!

Rosanne has a lovely quaint [newly renovated] guest
house in the center of St Denis and I loved staying
there for the visit.
The name of Rosanne’s school is A.D.E.L.S. It means
“Association danse en ligne sportive” [Line dance
sport association] and is one of several on the island
that took part in the 24hour AFMTelethon in St.
Suzanne, a short 26km drive from St Denis.
On arriving the 1st evening I was received by, and
enjoyed dancing with, dancers of the association Mo
Li Hua.

The year-end dinner took place the next evening Dec.
5th.
But nothing could have prepared me for the surprise
of the very lively line dance activity on the island as
seen at the fundraiser event!

The islanders love their dancing and can they dance!
It was wonderful being part of all the vibrant action
dancing with the dancers of the association Mo Li
Hua, at Rosanne’s year-end dinner and especially for
the 24hours of the telethon.
During this outdoors event we were extremely lucky
to have had great weather very suited to dancing in
the open.

A slight breeze cooled everyone and the sun
considerately hid behind cloud.
People drifted on and off the dance floor to dance
from a looong dance list taking a break every so often
“spectating”.

The telethon was a fundraiser for Myopathy. It was
organized by the Association "Country & Line Dance –
974” of Mr. Joseph Fok Cheong, who is also the
ambassador of the city of St Suzanne, and led by him
and Mr. Didier Yan Kwai.
Myopathy can be described as “any pathology of the
muscles that is not attributable to nerve dysfunction”
and a worthier cause for a fundraiser telethon can
hardly be found.
St Suzanne was chosen as Ambassador City for the
Telethon of 2014 and the event stretched over
24hours starting midday on Saturday the 6th Dec.

This 24 hours, Non Stop Country Line Dance was a
first in Reunion with over 500 Linedancers
participating.
The action went well beyond the allotted time taking
place from Saturday, December 6 at 1:30 p.m. until
Sunday, December 7 ending at 17:00; thus 27 ½
hours.

Below is a list of associations / groups and their
leaders that have contributed to the success of this
"First”.

- Crazy Feet Dancers ( Jacky CARRERE )
- K'Danse Line (Marie Anselme CHANE LIAT )
- A. D. E. L.S. ( Rosane DUPONT )
- MO - LI - HUA ( Marcelin MAC WIN)
- TJ Line Dance ( Jacques KWONG CHEONG )
- The Western Cheyenne (Sébastien BONSERGENT )
- Olynca NAZE and his group;
- East Country Forever (Isabelle Parmentier)
- A Time for Dancing (François MARIANE)
- Farfar (Francia BUSH)
- Family Dynamics ( Josiane JAURES)
- Donn' The Main ( Annie JERSEY )
- Country & Line Dance - 974 (Joseph FOK CHEONG)

It really was a pleasure and honor to have been
included in all the occasions and I consider myself so
lucky.

I returned home with memories of an outstanding and
enriching experience as well as a lovely gift….Thank
You Rosanne!

I am very much looking forward to visiting again after
being invited back for the end of 2015.
**********************
 Subject:  NTA Dance Camp and Accreditation Classes

– February 13-15, 2015

From:  Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee

Early registration of $80.00 has been extended to the
end of January!   Get ready, set, GO!  Get your
accreditation and take other fun workshops including
Line Dance, Couples and Patterned Partner, Music for
Dancers, etc., (all for FREE with your workshop pass)
at our annual NTA Dance Camp.  February 13-15, 2015
in Kansas City, MO at the beautiful Hilton Kansas City
Airport.  Remember, you don’t have to be a member of
NTA to take the accreditation classes but if you want
a certificate you must be a member to test. Social
dance parties Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Check the NTA web site www.ntadance.com for the
registration form and more information.  Or contact

Debra at de...@cleckler.com

WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE WITH US THIS YEAR TWO
GREAT TALENTS, THE FAMOUS BETH EMERSON
SHOEMAKER and THE ONE AND ONLY SCOTT
BLEVINS.  Other talented teachers include: Kelly
Gellette, Mike and Heather Salerno, Bob and Carol
Schwartz, Debra Cleckler, Karen Hedges, Bill and
Letha Blackford, Larry Schmidt, Gwen Walker, Larry
Harmon, Betty Moses, DJ Ryan and more to be
announced.

•Pre-register fee $80 (Prior to 1/20/15) - Includes all
activities

•Registration fee $95 (After 1/20/15) - Includes all

activities
(other passes available see the flyer)

Hilton Kansas City Airport
8801 NW 112 Street
Kansas City MO 64153

On-site restaurant/bar
FREE shuttle to/from airport
Reservations must be made by noon Jan 25,2015

CALL 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667)
Special NTA rate: $89/night + taxes - Mention NTA

Dance Camp
Staying at our host hotel helps offset cost of ballroom
space.
You will receive a $5.00 event registration discount if
you stay at the host hotel.
**************************

Subject: Video of the Week (couples)
From:
vyoun...@gmail.com

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov
*************************
 SUBJECT:  DANCES THIS WEEK
FROM: BIG DAVE

Hi all,

First of all a big thanks to the Linedancer Magazine for the honour of including me in the Awards DJ team & well done to them for another awesome Awards weekend - It was also great to see so many dancing friends & huge thanks & appreciation to everyone who voted for me for DJ of The Year :-) - I'm so proud & thrilled to have won & I'm still on a high - It was a wonderful weekend all round - Not least some awesome workshop dances which will be at the heart of my classes for a few weeks to come :-)

I might have just been on cloud 9 on Wednesday night at class but I think I had a full-house of 5/5 hit dances this week - Two from the Awards :

-Hard To Say It (Niels Poulsen) - 32/4 Intermediate
Another great Nightclub from Niels to a classic smooth Chicago track - One of a few really nice Nightclubs taught at the Awards which I'll be moving onto too :-)

-Shades Of Passion (Rob Fowler) - 72/4 Higher Intermediate
A lovely cool Viennese Waltz to a haunting smooth track - From the DJ booth I'd say this was the hit teach of the Awards, although there were lots of great dances that will be hits too

A great new smooth one from Ria :

-Love Me Like You Do (Ria Vos) - 64/2 Intermediate
Many of the class are already doing this already elsewhere - A lovely smooth/slow West Coast which is going to be another Top 10 hit for sure

And a cracking funky one from Strictly Stoke :

-Slave 2 The Rhythm (Fred Whitehouse & Joey Warren) - 64/2 Advanced
A really fast & funky MJ track with a cool Nightclub tag - Quite a challenge but the late-birds loved it - My knees were not quite so impressed though lol !! :-)
.....Next up for the late-birds is Hypnotized from Stoke & Battle Scars from the Awards ..... And there's more queuing up too !! :-)

Recaps included New Shade Of Blue, Modern Romance, Here's To Us (Sheet soon for this from Maggie), Uptown Funk, Vroom Vroom, Vertigo, Don't Dance Alone & I'm Burnin' Up - Next week we need to go back to Too Blind To See, Turn The Beat Around, Up, Hard Work & Bubbbles Dahhhling - And I also particularly want to go back to One Great Mystery which was one of the current floor filling hits at the Awards which we did before Xmas.

Looking forward to our Sutton Sunday this weekend - Come & dance with us 11.30am - 5.00pm at Sutton Hall, South Shields - I'll be doing an early-bird teach of Karl's Westlife Nightclub A Thousand Miles at 11.30am before we get going at noon - And during the afternoon I'm planning a teach of Maggie's Here's To Us & Yvonne's The Boy Can Dance ...... Gotta sneak in Rob's waltz somehow though too !! :-)

Also really looking forward to our first visit to Folkestone & working with Dee & Karl in a couple of weeks time :-)

Dave.
*****Come & dance with us in San Francisco at the 'Experience' in September - We had an awesome time last year & this is your last chance with us in SF before we move on - Scott/Niels/Rachael/Guyton/Karl/Joey/Fred ... And DJ me :-)
SF is an amazing place to dance on a vacation in an awesome hotel with rooms just $129pn for up to 4 people :-) ..... http://www.bigdavegastap.com/SanFransiscoEvent.html

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com