World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 9/5 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2016, 9:10:59 AM9/5/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Monday 9/5.  Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend -- now that it is a little less rain!

ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS TO THE SURVEY:
Flaming Fire is by Junior Willis and Scott Schrank.  Not Rachael McEnaney

********************************

SUBJECT:  Scott Blevins workshop in NH to be rescheduled
FROM:  Denise Brault

Due to a scheduling conflict the workshop with Scott Blevins in New Hampshire on Oct 21/22 is cancelled.  We will try to reschedule late spring, early summer of 2017.   If you have registered, please check your email for a message from me.   Thank you to all who were supporting the event, and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

April 21/22, 2017

www.DeniseBrault.com/
***************************
Subject : High-Beg. to Inter.-Adv. Line Dance Class TOMORROW 8/30 and Sunday Social Sept. 25th

NEW TEACHES THIS WEEK:

The Wild Life by Scott Blevins taught by Melanie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-wild-life-ID112944.aspx

Shake That  by Madison Glover taught by Cheryl...is that the name
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/shake-that-ID112379.aspx

       Our next Sunday Social is a little less than a month away on  Sunday Sept. 25th. We are still working on the Instructors and dances to be taught. Start thinking about a request list .

       Also our Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic will be the Monday after the weekend event Nov. 7th. This will be from 630 to 1030. We always have such a great time at our After Party and hope all of you can join us!

NEWER REVIEWS:
Drift Away by Rob Fowler taught by Joan
You Make It Real by Amy Glass taught by Valerie
Hand Clap by Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky taught by Sandy
Gypsy Queen by Hazel Pace taught by Ann
Way Down We Go by Will C. taught by Valerie
Obsessed by Kim Ray taught by Joan

HERE ARE VIDEOS FOR AUGUST TEACHES:

AUGUST

HIGH ON LOVING YOU, Will Craig (taught by Lynda)
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/high-on-loving-you-ID111198.aspx

Dance Like Daddy, Liz Smith, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dance-like-daddy--dance-day-2016-ID112518.aspx
Handclap, Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/handclap-ID111428.aspx
Gypsy Queen, Hazel Pace, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-queen-ID111199.aspx
Drift Away by Rob Fowler, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/drift-away-ID112461.aspx

You Make It Real by Amy Glass, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/you-make-it-real-ID110970.aspx

PIECES, Dustin Betts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7o4qldKhE

WAY DOWN WE GO
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/way-down-we-go-ID110140.aspx

HARDEN UP PRICESS
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/harden-up-princess-ID111868.aspx

Obsessed, Kim Ray
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/obsessed-ID111817.aspx

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach teaches and that makes it such a fun class!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year after year!

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com
***********************************
Subject: NTA Dance Tip – Updated Triple Two Step Style with Video
From: Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee de...@cleckler.com

The updated style of Triple Two Step is a smooth, graceful dance that incorporates walking steps and triple step movements with a lot of nice shaping and the use of Contra Body Movement.  Triple Two music is slow and soothing to the soul. “Die a Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett and “Tough Little Boys” by Gary Allan are two good examples of Triple Two music.

There are two main basic patterns that consist of six counts; 1, 2, 3& 4, 5& 6.

The easier basic pattern consists of moving down Line of Dance (LOD) in Closed Position with a walk (1), walk (2), triple step (3& 4), triple step (5& 6).  These triple steps are done on the diagonals for the first two steps then shape back toward LOD for the third step.

The other basic pattern consists of a rotation for the couple.  It starts in Promenade with two Promenade Walks, (crossing in CBMP (Contra Body Movement Position) on the second walk.  The leader keeps the rotation going as he does a French Cross Turn on 3& 4 (he moves around the lady into backing LOD) while the follower does the diagonal triple step on 3& 4.  The leader (continuing the rotation) does the diagonal triple step while the follower does the French Cross Turn to end up back in Promenade Position.

To see how the above basic movements work and how they should look you can check out my new Triple Two Line Dance, “Die a Happy Man Triple Two” on youtube.  Step sheet is on Copperknob..

Die a Happy Man Triple Two (demo and teach) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU9H4aFbuZY&feature=youtu.be

Or on Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/180868607
***************************

SUBJECT:  HALLOWEEN LINE DANCE SOCIAL

FROM:  Toye Davis, tag...@aol.com
             Brenda Burroughs,
Burro...@gmail.com

WHEN:  October 30, 2016

TIME:    1:30 p.m - 4:30 p.m.

WHERE:  Marks Street Senior Center
                99 E. Marks Street
                Orlando, Florida. 32803

Join us for an afternoon of freaky fun, frightening food, and devilish dancing!  This is a beginner Social so that everyone can dance, but all levels are welcome!  There will be prizes for the best costumes!  Plus, a surprise entertainment performance!   Please bring a snack or dessert to share.  Cost is $5.   We hope you can join us!!
**************************
SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)  RYAN SIMS BAND @ Cactus Jacks in Ahwatukee (Phx)!
FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

WE ASKED FOR IT AND WE GOT IT!!! Ryan Sims Band is coming to Cactus Jack's Ahwatukee Tavern!  MARK YOUR CALENDARS and GET YOUR TICKETS for this event! Folks that pre-purchase their ticket will have a table reserved! Great opportunity for country couples and line dancing BUT Ryan plays a great mix of music!!!

To pre-purchase tickets (and have reserved seating) you can purchase at Cactus Jacks's or on-line here:http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2597890
Also-included in this event is a complimentary country TWO STEP lesson with Valerie Hanepen and Carl starting around 7:30pm!! I hope to see you all there!!!
*************************************

SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)  FREE - Line Dancing Lessons on Wednesday’s @ Cactus Jacks with Carrie from 5:30-7:30pm
FROM: Carrie McNeish,
cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Cactus Jacks (Phoenix, Arizona, “Ahwatukee”) , http://www.cactusjacksbar.co/index.html, has FREE Line Dancing and Lessons with me (Carrie) EVERY Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:30pm.  No experience or partner necessary!   If you are bringing a “group” in for this event, let me know and we can reserve a table for you!!!  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net or 480-221-9090

**************************************

SUBJECT:  (Phoenix, AZ)   Linedancercise with Carrie – NEXT SESSION STARTS NEXT WEEK!
 FROM: Carrie McNeish, cmcn...@cox.net, Phoenix/AZ/USA, www.dancemeetsfitness.net

Next 12 week session of classes is starting in Sept. week of 12th, 2016 @ Pecos Community Center .  Come try out my LINEDANCERCISE classes for Beginning & Intermediate/Advanced at the Pecos Community Center in Ahwatukee.  6-WEEK and “Drop In” options also available! I have classes on Tuesday evenings & Thursday “daytime”.  For questions feel free to contact me @ cmcn...@cox.net, 480-221-9090.  Carrie McNeish – www.dancemeetsfitness.net
***************************
SUBJECT:  DANCE CLASSES Thomasville, Georgia beginning MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th.
2 Beginner Line Dancing classes/locations on MONDAYS to choose from:

10:30AM – Noon at the Remington Avenue YMCA

and/or

5:30PM – 7PM at the Dawson Street YMCA

YMCA Membership in NOT required.

$50 for six classes or $10 per class to drop in.

For more information please email YouCanL...@gmail.com

SUBJECT:  LINE AND PATTERN PARTNER DANCE PARTY IN ASHEVILLE, NC

Come join us for our Monthly Line and Pattern Partner Dance Party in Asheville, NC at the Asheville Ballroom.

The date of the event is:

Friday,  September 9th, 2016;    7pm -10pm

Teach from 7-7:30pm; Open Dancing until 10pm

Come join us for a fun evening of Line and Pattern Partner Dancing..........Lots of great dancing with great folks!!!!

Host - Denna Yockey

The Asheville Ballroom is located at 991-B Sweeten Creek Road, Asheville, NC
website: www.ashevilleballroom.com (for directions)

If you have any questions, please contact me via email......

denna....@gmail.com
*******************************
SUBJECT:  SNAPSHOT FROM COPPERKNOW.CO.UK AS OF 9/5
FROM:  GEORGE

MOST POPULAR IN THE LAST 7 DAYS
1(5935 Views)Na Na Na    Kate Sala, Rob Fowler, Daan Geelen, Ivonne Verhagen, Giuseppe Scaccianoce - Aug 2016   64 Count     0 Wall     Phrased Novice +     Music: Na Na Na by Pentatonix - iTunes

2(3253 Views)Kiss The Sky    Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris (August 2016)   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Kiss The Sky .. Jason Derulo. Album: Platinum Heights (iTunes)

3(3053 Views)It Might As Well Rain Until September    Ira Weisburd (USA) September 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver / Intermediate     Music: It Might As Well Rain Until Septembe - Carole King / Gerry Goffin (USA) Rhythm: Foxtro

4(2701 Views)The Wild Life    Scott Blevins (August 2016)   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: "The Wild Life" – Single by Outasight

5(2533 Views)Your Heaven!    Niels Poulsen (Denmark) July 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Beginner / Improver     Music: Take Me To Your Heaven by Charlotte Nilsson. [144 bpm. Track length: 3.01 mins. iTunes, etc. ]

6(2200 Views)Pieces    Dustin Betts (USA) June 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate NC2S     Music: Pieces by Rob Thomas (Album: The Great Unknown). Approx 4.20mins and 108 bpm

7(2094 Views)Russian Roulette    Simon Ward & Kate Simpkin, AU - Aug 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music: Trust You, By Rob Thomas, Album: Trust You - Single, iTunes - 3:07

8(1861 Views)Gypsy Queen    Hazel Pace - May 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music: Gypsy Queen by Chris Norman (iTunes)

9(1838 Views)So Just Dance Dance Dance !    José miguel Belloque Vane (NL) Guillaume Richard (FR) May 2016   32 Count     4 Wall     Novice     Music: Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake

10(1770 Views)Till Ya Legs Hurt    Rhoda Lai (Canada) August 2016   64 Count     2 Wall     Phrased Low Intermediate     Music: "Till YaLegs Hurt" by 99 Percent (3:15) iTunes

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.