World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 4/29 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Apr 29, 2017, 8:53:07 AM4/29/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Saturday 4/29 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

************************

Subject: The Line Dance Marathon Registration deadline - Raleigh/Durham, NC

From: Scott Blevins

This coming Monday, May 1st is the deadline to get the best priced registration!!!  Be sure to get your registration in and room booked for the 2017 Line Dance Marathon being held June 1- 4, 2017.

This year the Saturday night party and show will be inspired by the 1968 movie classic "Night of the Living Dead", so start getting your costume ready as a person living in 1960's small town America or as a zombie that crawled out of the ground and join in on the fun with our international all star team.  You don't want to miss out on this iconic line dance event that is the longest running all line event in the world.

MARATHON
c G
L 一 一 一 E D N 冖 E

Go to www.TheLineDanceMarathon.com to book your hotel room, print your registration form and familiarize yourself with all that The Marathon has to offer.

See you at The Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

The 2017 Line Dance Marathon All Star Team

SCOTT BLEVINS U.S.A. ~ KAYLA COSGROVE U.S.A.

WILL CRAIG U.S.A. ~ JONAS DAHLGREN SWE.

DARCIE DeANGELIS U.S.A. ~ CODY FLOWERS U.S.A.

RONA KAYE U.S.A. ~ JO KINSER ENG.

RHODA LAI CAN. ~ RUBEN LUNA U.S.A.

LYNNE MARTINO U.S.A. ~ BONNIE MATHEWS U.S.A.

LINDA McCORMACK SCOT. ~ RACHAEL McENANEYU.S.A.

SHANE McKEEVER IRE. ~ ROSIE MULTARI U.S.A.

GARY O’REILLY IRE. ~ DEBI PANCOAST U.S.A.

CAROLINE PILLAR SCOT. ~ HANA RIES U.S.A.

JOHN ROBINSON U.S.A. ~ BRENNA STITH U.S.A.

CHRISTA THOMAS U.S.A. ~ LESLIE THOMPSON U.S.A.

JOEY WARREN U.S.A. ~ JOHNNY 2-STEP ENG.

And our world class DJ’s

Louis St. George ~ Mary Kaye Johnson ~ Hal Payne ~ JP Potter

*******************************

SUBJECT: Dance News From Orlando, FL USA

FROM: Sandy Albano & Diane Petoskey

email: sandy.albano@gmail.com

website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

We are still coming down from the high we were on all last week during our Dance Xperience 2017 event in New Orleans, LA.  We were so excited to welcome over 200 dancers and family to join us in this amazing, wonderful and quirky city and we are pleased that you could share this fun and crazy week with us.  First and foremost, we thank all of you dancers who came to the event.  We are humbled by the great feedback and messages of encouragement that we have received from you.  We appreciate your sharing your words of praise and we are grateful for you!

Next, we send our love and our thanks to our wonderful choreographer friends! Without exception, each and every one of our gang brought their "A" game for us!  We were just blown away as one after another a total of 18 fabulous dances were presented.  The vast majority of them were newly written for our event.  Thank you Ria Vos, Fred Whitehouse, Joey Warren, Simon Ward, Niels Poulsen and Rachael McEnaney-White!  You are the best!!

As always, our wonderful DJ, Big Dave Baycroft did his usual fabulous job of keeping the dances rolling and folks on the floor.  His happy smiling face is always a pleasure and with Pauline by his side taking care of all the details, they make an extraordinary team!  Dave and Pauline, thank you!  We couldn't do it without you!

We also want to thank the Kellie/Kelly team who joined us this year and helped on so many levels.  Again this year we used Jen & Jason Cameron's dance floor.  K&K were responsible for installing it, keeping it screwed down tight and for constantly monitoring it.  Throughout the weekend they were making the adjustments to keep it from sliding out the back door as we stomped on it.  Quite a task!  K&K were also responsible for so many of the great photos and videos taken at the event.   Kellie brought her beautiful boots which many of you purchased and they were both always ready and willing to help with anything.  Kelly Cavallaro & Kellie Harford, thank you!  It is great to have friends like you two!

We had a couple of special guests this weekend.  Some of you met Irina the professional artist who did our face painting on Saturday night.  She wrote a lovely letter the next day to let us know how much she enjoyed being a part of our event.

We also had a lovely note from Russell Steele (aka Dr. Jazz) who is the leader of the Second Line Band.  I really felt that I wanted to share this with all of you because it really is ALL ABOUT YOU!  Here is the note:

Hi Diane and Sandy,

     We can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed playing for your second line. The warmth, friendliness and energy of all of your members made this a totally enjoyable experience for us. We really felt like an important part of their lives at least on this special day and this is the primary reason we specialize in unique events like yours. I think everyone dropped by to tell us how much they enjoyed our music and we greatly appreciated their kindness.

     Every music event has its special memories and yours had many: a beautiful evening and setting in New Orleans, the incredible costumes and face painting, everyone singing, and a rollicking second line. But the thing that really made your event magic was the obvious joy in dancing you share with each other.

     Thanks for letting us be part of this special day in your lives. God bless and I hope we might play for you again in the future.

Russell, Gary, Danny and Ralph

Dr. Jazz and the New Orleans Wedding Sounds

And finally we want to express our thanks to the staff of the Hilton New Orleans Airport and tell you how much we love your facility and your staff.  Everyone worked so hard to make our guests comfortable and happy.  Thank you!

We will be back in New Orleans at the same hotel in February 2018 during Mardi Gras week and we invite you to consider joining us for that.  We will be bringing you some amazing new and emerging talents in addition to many of our established superstars!  See the website for more information.

More Later,

Sandy

Albano & Diane Petoskey

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

******************************

SUBJECT:  CELEBRATE DANCE!  in Toronto, June 22-25 2017

www.celebratedance.ca

FROM:  Vivienne Scott

Hi everyone:

Less than two weeks now until May 11 which is the date for the 'Next Best Buy!!!' for Celebrate Dance!  It is your last opportunity for a discount on your registration. We already have dancers from all over the world registered and we hope many of you reading this will come to have fun with us as well.

We have a star studded list of International Instructors who are looking forward to dancing with you:

*ROY HADISUBRUTO

*NEVILLE & JULE

*TREVOR THORNTON

*JAMIE MARSHALL

*LORENZO EVANS

*JOEY WARREN

*JUDY MCDONALD (Event Director)

*RHODA LAI

*VIVIENNE SCOTT

DJS:  JP Potter and Lynn Warden

This is the largest LD event in Canada and is a four-day event beginning on the Thursday evening with a Welcome Dance, followed by three full days of workshops and fun.  Do note that we have a Dedicated Beginner Room as well ALL weekend.

The event is being held in an attractive, modern hotel close to the airport, a free shuttle will take you directly there.   Do reserve your room as the room block fills quickly.   The room rate is honoured 3 days before and after the event so either come early or stay a few days after so that you can enjoy our beautiful city and also take a trip to see the spectacular Niagara Falls.

If you would like further information contact Judy at judymc...@cogeco.ca The Flyer and Registration form are on the website.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in June.

Happy Dancin'!

Vivienne

***************************

Subject: Palm Springs Winter Break 2018

From: Michael & Michele

Palm Springs Winter Break Line Dance Event.

January 25 – 28 2018

It is with great pleasure that we announce the details of the

Instructors:

Darren Bailey ~ Amy Glass ~ Michael Barr ~ Michele Burton ~ Ruben Luna ~ Anna Marie Prach ~ Introducing Christopher Gonzales

JP Potter - DJ

Dates: January 25-28, 2018

Place: Pam Springs California

Venue: The Pavilion, 401 S. Pavilion Way, Palm Springs, CA

Hotel: Baymont Inn and Suites, Palm Springs, CA (ask for PS2018 room block)

It all will kick off with a welcome dance on Thursday evening, January 25th.

The workshops will then start on Friday morning the 26th and run all day, with an evening dance after a good dinner break. This will all repeat on Saturday 27th.

Both days are geared to the improver to high intermediate dancers.

Sunday will see a program geared to levels from improver to ez-intermediate. This has become a tradition for a number of years now to just ease it up a little for the day, which has seen a great influx of dancers enjoying this relaxed day.

Then from 4pm to 6pm there will be a dance for those who are staying over or live close to Palm Springs.

Palm Springs is a great destination for not only line dancing but for so much more. The area is a great place for all kinds of shops, restaurants and did we mention the SUN is usually shining!!! The hiking nearby is wonderful allowing for a true desert experience whether a drive to Joshua Tree or a local hike up into Indian Canyons. Head over to the Thursday night street fare before the dance and see some wonderful local crafts and artwork.

We are very excited to be preparing for this event. We are especially happy that Darren Bailey will be returning to the US to share his talents, which are truly wonderful and professional. Welcome back Darren!!!

Online Registration / Flyer / Mail In Registration / Hotel Information (download)

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/p-s-winter-break

Come visit our site and get all the information:

www.michaelandmichele.com

See you on the dance floor soon,

Michael & Michele

michael...@gmail.com

mbur...@gmail.com

Wild Wild West

Sept. 3 & 4, 2017

Newark, CA

www.michaelandmichele.com

Palm Springs Winter Break

January 25-28, 2018

www.michaelandmichele.com

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home

March 24, 2018

Corning, Ca

www.michaelandmichele.com

Upcoming Events: 2017

Dancing For The Dream April 27th, Rocklin, CA

M&M Workshop w/ Norm Gifford, April 30th, Rancho Cordova, CA

Smoky Mountain Shindig, May 19-21, Pigeon Forge Tn

Schedule Link for Event Calendar:

http://www.michaelandmichele.com/event-schedule-1

********************************

SUBJECT:  Another fun week of line dancing here in The Villages I am one of about 20 instructors here, where there are classes of all levels pretty much every day, sometimes more than once.

Today's new intermediate teach was Fooling Around by Julia Wetzel and Simon Ward. We took our time and did half the dance at the front and back walls several times before adding the rest and dancing it all three times. The track by Shawn Mendes is wonderful, and the choreography flows beautifully. Still looking for a demo from Julia (hint, hint).

As usual, I included oldies, favorites, and new teaches in all classes, from AB to INT this week.

ABieber  by Ross Brown

Blue Ain't Your Color  by Lisa McCammon

Break It Back Down  by Dwight Meessen

Call Me Baby  by John Robinson

Can You 2 Step  by Frank Trace

Champagne Promise  by Tina Argyle

Cry To Me  by Paul McAdam

Cut A Rug  by Jo Thompson

Early In The Morning  by Daisy Simons

Fooling Around  by Julia Wetzel & Simon Ward

Good Lovin'  by Jose Smith & Julie Lockton

Got Your Number  by Carol Larocque

Hip Swingin' Blues  by Roger Neff

Jukebox Jump  by RMH

Kiki Swing  by Pat Stott & Sandra Speck

Little Bit Later On  by Severine Fillion

LLH Shuffle  by Roger Ingmire

Questions Answered  by Larry Bass

Remember The Days  by Niels Poulsen

S.T. One  by Rachael McWhite

Shut Up And Dance EZ  by Lynn Card

Someday Maybe  by Norm Gifford

Sultry!  by Rob Fowler

NOTE FROM ME:  I didn't copy the name of the person or location of this class.  If it's you, let me know and I'll post it again.

**********************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Not a bad turn out for our last class before our holiday on Wednesday. As we are now closed for 2 weeks we didn’t teach anything new, just lots of recaps.

Playlist was :-  Slam Goes The Door, Darling Hold My Hand, Aint Misbehavin’, Wow Tokyo, Second Hand Heart, Beautiful In My Eyes, Rock & Roll Music, Grand Master Sexy, Your Loving Arms, Better When I’m Dancing, From The Ground Up, Dear Friend, Gypsy Queen, Say It Again, Some Girls Will, Refund To My Heart (twice), I Came To Love You, Tongue Tied Up, Missing, Cry For Me (twice), Tango With Me Darling, Scared Of The Dark, Dy Na Mite, Whistle While You Work It, Italiano, Shady, Handclap, Oops Baby, Funky Sole, Dig Your Heels, Take Me To The River & We Are Who We Are.

There’ll be no classes the first 2 Wednesdays in May (May3 rd & 10th) and we’ll be back dancing again on Wednesday 17th May. Our next Social at Shelf Village Hall will be Saturday May 20th.

**********************************

Joey Warren - New Event Shirts for the workshop

sandy....@gmail.com

Joey Warren is going to have great new shirts at the Gary & Joey workshop that bear his cool new logo!  He wants you to help him pick his new shirt design.  Please click this link to see the new logo, and pick the color you like best.  No obligation, but he wants your opinion about what color/style you like best!  Thanks for helping!!

Click this link to go to our website survey page:

http://spreadyourwingsanddance.com/pick-joeys-new-shirt-design.html

More Later,

Sandy

Email: sandy....@gmail.com

Website: www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com

Join us for Mardi Gras! at the 2018 Dance Xperience in New Orleans!

JOEY WARREN'S NEW SHIRT DESIGN

Joey Warren wants to know which of these great shirts you like.  You get to help him decide which of these great designs to use!

Picture

Each of the shirts will features Joey's cool new LOGO on the back.  Depending on the color selected the logo will be printed either in white or black.

The circle is a music file representing notes from the song for STRAIGHT TO THE CASTLE.  The words STRAIGHT TO THE CASTLE are printed around the upper left quadrant of the circle.

Inside it reads, "IN THE JOEY ZONE".  Note the "play" button in the letter "O" of his name and also the earphones representing the letter "O" in the word "ZONE".

In the lower right quadrant, Joey has autographed your shirt with his name!  This clever design was originated by one of Joey's good friends.

SELECT YOUR FAVORITE SHIRT BELOW *

Coral Color-Small Cap Sleeve, Scoop NeckRoyal Blue Color-Small Cap Sleeve, Scoop NeckBlack & Grey Color-Baseball style, Short Sleeve, V-Neck

Submit

NOTE FROM ME:  I hope he doesn't get rid of the previous one.  I thought that shirt was so clever.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven