World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 4/21 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Apr 21, 2017, 3:12:04 PM4/21/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

FRIDAY 4/21.  Just taking a lunch break. today Rachael taught LET IT OUT.  It is a fun, int funky but not too funky dance that everyone can do.  I liked it and the music a lot.  No sheets yet.

Fred taught LIKE A COWBOY a good NC2 to very good music.

Joey is teaching PINS AND NEEDLES and it looks like a really good dance that he did with

This afternoon will be FOOLING AROUND by Simon.  This will be a popular one. Good music and looks fun.

Next is REFUND TO MY HEART by Ria.  I've wanted to learn this one for awhile.

Last teach of the day is a funky one by Neils called NOW AND LATER.  32 count, High Int.

Okay, I have to get back downstairs.  I took a short break.  We are having fun.  I missed my morning Cafe DuMonde Beignets.  I might have to do one more run into town before I leave on Sunday.  If you plan to get registered for next year you better plan early.  I'm sure it will sell out.  Lots of people have said they are coming.

*****************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Line Dance Lessons at Brookridge

Beginner Line Dance Lessons, 4/20/17, 9:00-10:00 AM, @ $3

1.  Electric Slide / Ric Silver

2.  Mamma Maria / Frank Trace

3.  Celebration / Liz Smith

4.  Empty Pockets / Michelle Burton & Michael Barr

5.  Bullfrog on a Log / Cef Delanney

6.  Lipstick, Powder & Paint / Clair Rutler

7.  Hippy Dippy Mambo / Sue Ann Ehmann

High Beg./ Improver Level Lessons, 4/20/17, 10:15-11:15 AM @ $3

1.  Won’t Back Away / Bailey, Whitehouse & Trepat

2.  Chocolate Melon / Larry Bass

3.  Come Dance With Me / Jo Thompson

4.  Blessed / Jackie Miranda

5.  East to West 17 / Jonestone & West

To get a Step Sheet or see a Demo, got to http://www.copperknob.co.uk/

Any questions about our Line Dance Program, e-mail or call me at,

(352) 397-6088...............Norma

d   ~Dance til you drop

*God Bless America*

********************************

Subject: The Line Dance Marathon - Raleigh/Durham, NC

From: Scott Blevins

The May 1st deadline to get the best priced registration is less than 2 weeks away!!!  Be sure to get your registration in and room booked for the 2017 Line Dance Marathon being held June 1- 4, 2017.

This year the Saturday night party and show will be inspired by the 1968 movie classic "Night of the Living Dead", so start getting your costume ready as a person living in 1960's small town America or as a zombie that crawled out of the ground and join in on the fun with our international all star team.  You don't want to miss out on this iconic line dance event that is the longest running all line event in the world.

Go to www.TheLineDanceMarathon.com to book your hotel room, print your registration form and familiarize yourself with all that The Marathon has to offer.

See you at The Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

The 2017 Line Dance Marathon All Star Team

SCOTT BLEVINS U.S.A. ~ KAYLA COSGROVE U.S.A.

WILL CRAIG U.S.A. ~ JONAS DAHLGREN SWE.

DARCIE DeANGELIS U.S.A. ~ CODY FLOWERS U.S.A.

RONA KAYE U.S.A. ~ JO KINSER ENG.

RHODA LAI CAN. ~ RUBEN LUNA U.S.A.

LYNNE MARTINO U.S.A. ~ BONNIE MATHEWS U.S.A.

LINDA McCORMACK SCOT. ~ RACHAEL McENANEYU.S.A.

SHANE McKEEVER IRE. ~ ROSIE MULTARI U.S.A.

GARY O’REILLY IRE. ~ DEBI PANCOAST U.S.A.

CAROLINE PILLAR SCOT. ~ HANA RIES U.S.A.

JOHN ROBINSON U.S.A. ~ BRENNA STITH U.S.A.

CHRISTA THOMAS U.S.A. ~ LESLIE THOMPSON U.S.A.

JOEY WARREN U.S.A. ~ JOHNNY 2-STEP ENG.

And our world class DJ’s

Louis St. George ~ Mary Kaye Johnson ~ Hal Payne ~ JP Potter

***********************

SUBJECT:  Dance to Remember 5 - tomorrow!

FROM: Denise Brault  Denise...@gmail.com

Our 5th Annual Dance To Remember workshop for Alzheimer's will be held on Saturday, April 22 (tomorrow!) at the Bedford Town Hall, Bedford, NH from noon to 6PM.  Instructors include: Denise Brault, Dunja Hein, Ginger Kozlowski and Donna Shea.  The afternoon includes: teaches of the latest dances, lots of open request dance time, cookie party and a wonderful raffle, all to benefit Alzheimer's Assoc.  We are just about sold out, but walk-ins are welcome. Email me with any questions, and there is more information on my website.  Hope to see you!

http://www.denisebrault.com/

April 22, 2017

www.DeniseBrault.com/

*****************

Subject:  NEW YORK CITY’S LINE DANCE WORKSHOP / CELEBRATION / REUNION (Saturday, April 23rd, 2017)

From:     Ira Weisburd (dancew...@comcast.net)

The New York Filipino Line Dance Community has organized a massive Line Dance Workshop/Celebration/Reunion this weekend for instructors and dancers from all over the Tri-State area and beyond!!  It’s been 5 years since I danced with this amazing group and I am so very excited to be invited back for the 4th time !!  Since it was announced that this event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, registrations have been pouring in.  There is even a group of dancers flying in for the weekend all the way from the island of Bermuda !!!

I am excited to be introducing 2 World Premiere dances I’ve choreographed especially for this event.  In addition, there will be open dancing between teaches with a quick walkthru if needed.

This is always a FUN, HIGH SPIRITED evening with a warm & friendly group of dancers.  There will something for everyone.  ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME !!

The 2017 NYC Line Dance Celebration/Reunion will take place at the CHURCH OF HOLY CHILD JESUS, 111-11 86th Avenue, Richmond Hill, NY  11418.

To register, contact Rose:  347.894.9634 or email: pa...@att.net   Register NOW !!  Admission is only a $10 Donation !!  This event always sells out !!   Space is limited !!  Come join us for an unforgettable high energy evening !!  We’re gonna have a great time !!  Thank you for sharing this with your dancing friends.  Looking forward to meeting many of you on Saturday evening !!

Check out the Facebook Event Page where you can download the flyer:  https://www.facebook.com/events/200295710458194/

*********************************

RE: Mambo No. 5 Christmas Medley

From: bgof...@msn.com

One of my dancers asked me to teach Mambo No.  5 and in searching for appropriate dances for my group I found a YouTube video of a group using the Christmas version. The step sheet said available on Itunes but I've had no luck. Could this be one of those songs unavailable in the US? Christmas is a long way off but we do a Christmas in July party in my classes. Thanks.

Bernie Gillotti

**********************

SUBJECT: ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

18 April 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

Subject: Mark your calendar for June Bug 2017

When: June 29th, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Where: Renaissance Senior Center, 3800 S. Econolockhatchee Trail, Orlando, FL

Contact: Brenda Burroughs burro...@gmail.com

About June Bug: This is an annual line dance event that is a mix of learning new dances from a number of local instructors, open dancing and instructor/class demo's. This is a great opportunity to learn dances from a variety of instructors, enjoy some great demo's and hours of line dancing. This year's theme is County Western.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven