World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 2/17 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 17, 2017, 7:49:11 AM2/17/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Friday 2/17  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

SUBJECT:  Canadian Line Dance Classic – March 17-19

CONTACT: Judy McDonald 416-220-5688 or Tina Veliotis 773-633-7555 or judymc...@cogeco.ca

Hi everyone,

Tina and I are excited to be back with the Canadian Line Dance Classic again this year!  It’s coming up March 17-19, and we have a GREAT line-up of instructors for you:

·         Gary O’Reilly (Ireland) – multiple Crystal Boot Award winner!  Gary picked up 3 awards a couple of weeks ago!

·         Junior Willis (US) – we are one of only 3 events Junior is doing this year and the only one in Canada!

·         Lorenzo Evans (US) – this is Lorenzo’s first time attending the CLDC and you may know him if you dance Soul Food!

·         Brandon Zahorsky (US) – Brandon was originally scheduled to join us last year so we were lucky to scoop him up again!

·         Rona Kaye (US) – this is Rona’s first time with us and she’s going to fit right in!

·          Jamie Marshall (US) – the always energetic Jamie will start your morning with a Zumba class!

·         Tina Foster (US) – I’m sure Tina remembers every dance she ever learned, so feel free to ask if you’re stumped!

·         Carolyn Beer (ON) – we're happy to have Carolyn as our “local” instructor this year!

·         DJ’s Jill Babinec and Lynn Warden – both will be playing your requests to keep you dancing ALL weekend!

New Dance Floor - this year, we’re bringing in our own dance floor.  If you’ve attended our Celebrate Dance event in Toronto, you’ll know we have a GREAT floor, so come and join us!  If you, or someone you know, is interested in helping us lay the floor on Friday and take it up on Sunday in exchange for a free pass, let us know.

Don’t forget that it’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend and we’ll have an authentic Irishman with us!  Gary’s very excited to be joining us for this festive weekend so you might want to check your wardrobe for your greenest outfits!

If you haven’t made your hotel reservation yet there are still rooms in our block, so call the hotel before it’s too late.  We’re at the Holiday Inn Parkway Convention Centre in St. Catherine’s, Ontario, which is just 15 minutes from beautiful Niagara Falls!  The Falls are beautiful at any time of year, so be sure to plan a visit if you haven’t seen them before.

We’re also in the middle of wine country so we do offer a wine tour package.  Those who take it come back raving about the fun they had and don’t usually come back empty handed!  It’s on Friday afternoon at noon, and you’ll be back in plenty of time to get yourself organized and ready for the first class at 6pm.  You’ll also enjoy a private “meet and greet” with our staff, which is often quite enlightening!

We want to have a package ready for you when you arrive, so if you haven’t registered yet, you can still do so online at www.judymcdonald.ca or you can print a registration form to mail in.  We look forward to having you join us!

Judy McDonald & Tina Veliotis

Event Directors

Canadian Line Dance Classic

March 17-19, 2017

Celebrate Dance in Toronto

June 22-25, 2017

www.judymcdonald.ca

416-220-5688 Judy

773-633-7555 Tina

 ********************************

SUBJECT:          4TH ANNUAL OLDIES BUT GOODIES WORKSHOP – MARCH 11, 2017

FROM:   Joan Gregoire (vjl...@gmail.com)

Image result for oldies but goodies clip art

GOOD NEWS!!!!!  We have extended the cut-off date to March 1, 2017, so you have some time to submit your registration for this fun workshop on March 11, 2017.  All dances taught will be at least 6 years old or older.  The dances played between the teaches will include some old & new.  If you haven’t learned some of the older dances, now is your chance. The venue for this event has been changed and will be held at the George Mullen Community Center in North Port, Florida from 9:30 – 3:30 pm.  The event instructors are Larry Bass & Jamie Marshall & your DJ for the day will be Vince Gregoire.  Both Larry & Jamie have been on staff at many events and workshops. They are both excellent instructors and also teach technique while they are teaching the dances.  This is a fun-filled, casual workshop which I am sure you will enjoy.  The cost will be $45.00 per person.  The cost includes coffee, bagels & muffins, lunch, workshop, and step booklets.  I hope you will join us on March 11, 2017.

For additional information, please contact Joan Gregoire at 941-661-3799 or email at vjl...@gmail.com

Joan Gregoire

email:  vjl...@gmail.com

*********************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

February15th

Another busy night at Victoria Hall this week but no Celia, had to leave her at home, full of cold and struggling to breathe. Nothing new this week as we are going away on holiday at the weekend (hopefully) and will be closed for 2 weeks. Recapped last week’s 2 dances “DIG YOUR HEELS” (Maddison Glover) becoming a big hit with our dancers with everyone on the floor both times we danced it and “OOPS BABY” (Rachael & Cody) another hit that got everyone on the floor each time. Also recapped “SHADY” (Amy, Darren & Fred) another class favourite plus recaps of a few others when needed.

Playlist was :- Wow Tokyo, We Are Who We Are, Your Loving Arms, Aint Misbehavin’, Rock & Roll Music, From The Ground Up, Gypsy Queen, Tuesday Blues, Corazon Diamante (Diamond Heart), Better When I’m Dancing, Grand Master Sexy, Some Girls Will, Take Me To The River, Kiss The Sky, Tango With Me Darling, Dig Your Heels (twice), Missing, Oops Baby, I Came To Love You, Shady, Handclap, Italiano, Blessed, Dear Friend, Beautiful In My Eyes, Say It Again, Well Do Ya, Woman Up, Maybe Tomorrow, Secret Love & Oops Baby (again).

That’s it now, no dancing for us for 2 weeks, the class is closed until Wednesday 8th March, Tenerife here we come.

Celia & Geoff

Best of Friends Line Dance Club

www.best-of-friends.co.uk

******************************

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Line Dance at Brookridge

We had a great crowd, several NEW dancers!  We are an “OPEN”

Community and welcome any Beg/ High Beg-Improver dancer to

join us any Thursday, Beg Class 9-11 AM  &/or High Beg/ Improver

@$3 each class.  Casual dress, but NO open back sandals.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Beginner Class

1.  Rockin’ The Wagon Wheel / Jamie Marshall

2.  Country As Can Be / Suzanne Wilson

3.  Bullfrog On A Log / Cef Delaney

4.  Little Dean Waltz / Claire Danney

5.  Mamma Maria / Frank Trace

6.  Old Bones / Linda Oates

High Beg / Improver

1.  Misbehavin A Bit / Forty Arroyo

2.  12 Step Program For Love  / Lisa McCammon

3.  Cumbia Semana / Ira Weisburd

4.  Azjoozzys Funk / P Velden

5.  Black Betty’s Worldwide / June Shuman

Reminder:  Tom Knight’s Social, NPR 2/22/17 5:30-8:00 PM @ $5

As always, any questions about Line Dance, here at Brookridge,

e-mail or call me at (352) 397-6088..........Norma

***God Bless Our Great Country & Fly Your Flag***

~dance til you drop

*******************************

Subject:  Freedom 'N' Line

From:  JP Potter

Where:  Indianapolis, IN

When:  July 6th - July 9th 2017

Email:  jpot...@me.com

Web:  www.Freedom-N-Line.com

Long time Event DJ & Event Director JP Potter has teamed up with the Event Directors of Indy Dance X (Melissa Culbertson, LuAnn Pemberton & Glen Ruch) to bring you an event you just can't miss.

Freedom 'N' Line is a new line event in Indianapolis, IN July 6th - 9th 2017.  We're working hard to create an event experience you'll be talking about long after you leave and are striving to make Freedom 'N' Line one of the "must attend" line dance events in the country!

We're bringing you what we feel is one of the best instructor line ups to ever take over Indianapolis!  Our All-Star Staff features SCOTT BLEVINS, WILL CRAIG, JAMIE MARSHALL, TREVOR THORNTON & JONAS DAHLGREN (with local favorites DEREK STEELE, PAM & EAGLE and TINA FOSTER).  Sound like fun?  Then make sure you register early to take advantage of our Early Bird Pricing.

For more information, including a printable registration form, check out our website at www.Freedom-N-Line.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

JP POTTER

*****************************

From:  JP Potter

Where:  San Diego, CA

When:  April 13th - 16th 2017

Email:  in...@SpringFlingLineFest.com

Web:  www.SpringFlingLineFest.com

The deadline for Early Registration is fast approaching.  Make sure you don't miss out and get those registrations in by March 1st!  As always, space is limited.

This year, our All Star Staff features WILL CRAIG, JAMIE MARSHALL, LINDA MCCORMACK, AMY GLASS, & TREVOR THORNTON.  I'm also pleased to announce MELISSA CULBERTSON will be back this year and teaching her newest dance Brother (Co-Choreographed with John Robinson).

I'm very excited about this year's theme...Mystery Dance Theater!  Come dressed as your favorite sleuth or villain and help solve the mystery during the interactive show on Saturday Night!

All workshops are held in one gorgeous ballroom, which means you won't have the difficult decision of choosing which class to take!  Then at night, you can dance the night away until the wee morning hours.  With 3 nights of open dancing, you're sure to be exhausted.

For more information, including a printable registration form or to register on line, check out the website.  www.SpringFlingLineFest.com

JP POTTER=

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven