World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 7/1 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Jul 1, 2016, 9:41:30 AM7/1/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
FRIDAY 7/1
For those of you who read the newsletter only at work, have a GREAT and SAFE weekend.  Hope you get to dance and have fun this weekend and I hope you take a moment out of your fun times to remember to VOTE!!

SUBJECT:  I NEED SOME VOLUNTEERS TO KEEP TRACK OF OPEN DANCES IN BEG ROOM AT FUN IN THE SUN.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?
FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.com, www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
I will send you a list so you can check off most of them and just add the ones not included.
I need some volunteers to do playlist in BEGINNER ballroom at the FUN IN THE SUN event (and if any of the DJs keep a list, perhaps you could send it to me to be posted on the site).   Thank you.

Stacy J Garcia
stacy...@gmail.com
World Line Dance Newsletter
SUBJECT:  ATLANTA GA:

DANCERS FOOT TUBES and FOLDING DANCE FANS

Foot tubes are no longer available at your retail stores :-(  WE are your supplier of the synthetic foot tubes that dancers stretch over their shoes to make a floor easier to dance on. You will be amazed how much easier you will turn!  Foot Tubes will lessen the strain on your knees.  Since we sell in bulk, instructors, may buy and sell the Foot Tubes to your students.

These work excellently on *Smooth* polished concrete (such as Terrazzo) and on vinyl tile / wood etc.

NOTE!!!:  Dancers Foot Tubes cannot be used on a rough surface.  These are knit and anything that can "snag" it will destroy the knitted product.

WARNING: Stretching foot tubes over shoes will drastically change your shoes -traction- with the floor. Be very careful to test the *slickness* before sailing out on a dance floor. Use of these can and does create a slip and fall hazard.

We have a large number in stock.  They come in Black, White, Tan and Red.  (all 2" wide).

Dancers Foot Tubes are sold in one dozen pair packs of the same color:
1-5 Dozen  $25.00 USD per dozen
6 or more dozen are $22.00 USD per dozen

Georgia residents must add 7% sales tax.

Shipping is $7 for one to five Dozen;  $10 six - ten Dz.  $15 ten to fifteen Dozen   Ask about orders over 15 Doz.

We also carry the 3x4 inch zip-top bags.  These have the hang hole and are sized for 1 pair & your business card The bags are $0.35/ dozen

Please be sure to give a full mailing address and phone number  (ZIP + 4 Please)  Prices for shipment is for USA.  Please e-mail for International shipping..

We also stock and wholesale the FOLD UP DANCE FANS with the logo “I’m a DANCE Fan”. These are great to have when you work up a sweat on the dance floor.  These are the “Pretzel type with a pouch”. They fold up nicely and can be carried in your purse or back pocket.  These are $2.50 each (when ordering one to five) and $2.25 each if you order SIX or more.  The same domestic postage rates apply.

To protect YOUR credit card number we use PAY-PAL  If you prefer not to use Pay-Pal. PLEASE contact us for other payment arrangements.  We will take personal checks. We do not accept Credit Cards.   Please contact us at: dancersf...@gmail.com for our mailing address and to see if we can fill your quantity needs, or if you need additional info or have questions.

See www.dancersfoottubes.com   There are different drop down boxes below for the various colors of FOOT TUBES or to order the DANCE FANS.

From:  Norma Brooksville FL
nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Dancing at Brookridge

Today was the best day!  We had one new dance and lots of reviews!
Anyone that would like to extend their learning experience with us, I
know you’d enjoy our classes on Thursdays, whether you’re Beg or
High Beg/ Improver level.  We are a friendly group & would love to have you!

All dances are review unless otherwise designated~

Beginner Class, Thursday, 6/30/16, 9:00-10:00 AM, @ $3

1.  Baby I’m Right / Dan Albro
2.  Boot Scootin’ Boogie /  The 2 wall one that starts with toe fans!  (Choreo unknown)
3.  Lipstick, Powder and Paint / Stephen & Claire Rutter
4.  Electric Slide / Rick Silver
5.  Old Bones / Linda Oates

High Beg./ Improv, Thurs., 6/30/16, 10:15 -11:15 AM, @ $3

1.  Chocolate Melon / Larry Bass
2.  Gypsy Queen / Hazel Pace  NEW
3.  S.T.One / Rachael McE-White
4.  Fallen Heart / Tina Argyle  (waltz)
5.  Unchained Melody / Jennifer Jou  3rd week (waltz)

Carl Raff wrote to a lot of us how well he is doing...GO Carl!!!!

Reminder:  NO Social this month; next one Sat., Aug. 13, 6:30-9:30 PM @ 5!
Any questions about anything, re: Line Dance (!) at Brookridge, e-mail or
call  (352) 397-6088.............Norma
SUBJECT:  TRIP TO SPAIN 22 DAYS
FROM:
sbales...@bellsouth.net

Board the Holland America ship Oosterdam in Tampa on March 30, 2017.  Stop in Key West before crossing the Atlantic, followed by Horta and Ponta Delgata in the Azores Islands.  Next we sail to the Spanish ports of Cadiz,
Malaga & Alicante.  Disembark in Barcelona where you will visit Gaudi's Cathederal La Sagrada Familia.  Then continue south along the coast to Tarragona and Valencia before heading inland to Cuenca and the capital city Madrid.  Flight home will be from Madrid to Tampa, F
The ship is repositioning itself for the summer season in Europe and thus is able to offer such an unbelievable price.

Base Price for a single (based upon double occupancy:

$1,599 - Base Price  (usually $3,198)
     299 - Taxes & port fees
     869 - Flight from Madrid to Tampa
$ 2,667  - Total without insurance

Cruise insurance:  $199
Flight Insurance        49
There will be line dancing every day while crossing the Atlantic.
I have already book the trip so the cabin is reserved.    Let me know if you are interested.
Sandra - (954)849-7113
Subject: Dance Classes in Chula Vista, California
From:
Brack...@gmail.com

We wrapped up the June session last week. The dances we reviewed, with links to the stepsheets, are below. Copperknob has videos on the stepsheet pages, except where noted.

We are OFF this week on a holiday break. The next session will start up Friday, July 8. The class is beginner to low intermediate level for teaches. Classes are Fridays 2-3:30 pm at Selah's Groove in Bonita, California. This next session will be a SIX CLASS session starting July 8 with no class on July 15 (I will be at FITS). The six-class price per person is $48. Drop in fee is $12 per class. Exact change or a check is always appreciated.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have looked at, taught, and learned HANDCLAP (co-choreographed by myself and Brandon Zahorsky). It's been riding up and down the "Popular" list on Copperknob, and I've only had the chance to teach it once - on the Sunday at Dance Dance Dance in Colorado Springs the day after Brandon and I wrote it! And, with over 30 reviews of it on Copperknob, it still has a 4.5 star rating. :-) Thank you all! I am looking forward to dancing it on the floor with you! Here's the link in case you want to click and check it out: http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/handclap-ID111428.aspx

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Independence Day weekend!

Here are the stepsheet/video links, unless noted, for June:

Bracken Ellis
brack...@gmail.com
Subject:  Summer Sizzler at Nashvilles
                Rochester, NY
From : Terri Andrews & Donna Manning

Terri Anderson and I will be hosting Nashvilles 1st ever Summer Line Dance Sizzler. DJ Matt will be on the buttons all day for your dancing pleasure.

We will be teaching line dances of all levels from beginner through intermediate.

Doors open 10:30am- with some music and warm up dancing
Start time of 11am beginning with our Star Spangled Banner
Workshop 11-5pm
Dinner on your own (at club- hint) 5-7
Review and dance party from 7-9 and Matt will continue to DJ

$40 for the day and you can save a spot quick by registering online at:
https://squareup.com/store/dancin-free-d-manning

Grab a few dance friends and come as a party.....and add to our party....
More info to come on a chance to win a FREE pass to the Nashvilles II Halloween Bash on October 29th....stay tuned!

See y'all soon!
Subject: Line Dance Cruise
               Royal Carribean Adventure of the Seas
               Feb. 27th thru March 4th
From:      Deb Dodd / Donna Manning

Deadline to get your deposit on a cabin is July 12th!!!!  We have a few left...

Leaves out of San Juan Puerto Rico on Sat., Feb 25th. We have 7 nights and 8 days to explore the islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. The Royal Carribean,Adventure of the Seas will be our floating home for the week. We will have Studio B for our dance events and are planning to do a flash mob. Deb Dodd from DATS Travel, our host and agent, is working furiously to make sure we have a confirmed and reserved dance space. She will be the one to take your booking and answer any questions you may have. I have posted the informational flier with all needed numbers.

(There may be an opportunity to come in a couple days early to explore San Juan if there is an expressed interest.)

Felicia Jones Harris (Lakeland FL), Marianne Taylor (Long Island, NY) and me - Donna Manning (Palm Harbor, FL) and the incredible Johanna Barnes (CT) will be your instructors, entertainment and cruise pals for the week. We can't wait to have a great week of fun and dancing with our dance family from all over.

So GET ON IT AND BOOK YOUR CABIN WITH THE APPROPRIATE DEPOSIT......

CONTACT Deb Dodd at DATS Travel
401-398-2377
Danceacrosstheseas.com
DebDodd...@aol.com
Subject: July is Two Step Month!!!
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

​Join us for a fun evening of lessons and social dancing every Wednesday at Bayou Dance Club!!!
6541 102nd Ave N Pinellas Park, in the Winn Dixie parking lot

Every month is a different themed dance!!
This month we will focus on Two Step!!!
Class in session, July 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th!

New Summer Schedule
7-7:45pm- Novice $5
7:45-8pm- Practice
8-8:45pm- Intermediate $10
8:45-9:30- Social Dance

If you have never done two step and want to attend, please contact me beforehand and I will set up some
1 on 1 time before the novice class to help get you started!!

Danielle
dbdance.net
*********************************
SUBJECT: Dancing near Hilton Head and Bluffton, SC
FROM: Cody Flowers
co.fl...@gmail.com

Hey All! I'm in the process of moving to the Lowcountry of SC--Bluffton to be exact, and I was wondering if there are any dancers in the area. I'm looking for anyone who teaches or dances and what level you are. I will be starting a new job mid-July, but I am looking to start an intermediate class in the area. If anyone is interested, please let me know! Thank you!

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com