World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 9/6 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2016, 8:34:24 AM9/6/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
TUESDAY 9/6  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Subject: LET'S DANCE DAY SOCIAL
From:
lindysda...@gmail.com

Thank you for dancing with me Sat. at LDD.  I have posted the pictures to my website so take a look when you have a minute or two.  Link to the website is at the bottom of this email. There were 54 in the pic, but we actually had 60 dancers there Sat.  Great crowd, especially for a storm, holiday weekend and the end of summer!!  Thank you again for being part of the fun.

I am working on the playlist for Oct. 8 already.  There are a few workshops between now and then, but I will try to have the playlist ready at least 2 weeks before LDD, so we can practice.

Remember that I have class on Monday evenings (unless it's a holiday and the building is closed) in the same place where we danced Sat. and we work on many of the dances on the playlist.  I work on the beginner/improver dances at the Elk's class on Thursday evenings too, so something for everyone, I hope.  (flyers available...just email me)

For the rest of the year, our LDDs will be:

Oct. 8
Nov. 12
Dec. 10

My 👣 hope to dance with yours soon and often.  😉

******************************
SUBJECT:  Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL
FROM:  Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

October 15, 2016, CELEBRATE LIFE! LINE DANCE PARTY/SOCIAL/FUNDRAISER!

It’s almost here!  This Line Dance event is not a workshop, but instead, a thankful celebration of life as we experience it today. The money raised will be donated to three worthy agencies:  Hospice of Marion County (provides medical, emotional and physical care), HUGS of Ocala, (assists families whose lives have been adversely affected by Cancer – my own Radiation Oncologist is a prime sponsor of HUGS), and Michelle-O-Gram of Dunnellon (assists women who cannot afford mammograms).

Your entry fee includes a wonderful day of dance and fellowship, donuts and coffee in the morning, Ray's famous barbecue lunch with all the trimmings, plus an awesome gift bag of cool things, including your first 10 raffle tickets for our amazing, innovative baskets. We’re counting on you wanting to buy MORE tickets when you see those baskets. The 50/50 drawing will be a separate offer so bring some extra cash!

Please send me your pictures for our Memory Board (those lost to Cancer) by Sept. 25th so we can complete the board. Remember to put their name on the back and to take your picture home with you at the end of the day.

We recommend any of the great variety of hotels on SR 200 in Ocala for those staying overnight. We’ll send directions from SR 200 exit to the Marion County Southeast Livestock Pavillion where this event will be held. It’s a 10-15 minute drive from SR 200 to both the event location and our house, where the After-Party starts in the Barn around 7PM for anyone registered for this event.

All the information is on our website at www.Rhythm-in-my-soles.com.  I’m a Survivor, as are many of you!  We are grateful for those who helped us through!  Our theme is simply to CELEBRATE LIFE!   Come dance with us and help raise some money for those who need it.

***************************
Subject : High-Beg. to Inter.-Adv. Line Dance Class TONIGHT 9/6 and Sunday Social Sept. 25th

NEW TEACHES THIS WEEK:

The Wild Life by Scott Blevins taught by Melanie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-wild-life-ID112944.aspx

Shake That  by Madison Glover taught by Cheryl...is that the name
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/shake-that-ID112379.aspx

       Our next Sunday Social is a little less than a month away on  Sunday Sept. 25th. We are still working on the Instructors and dances to be taught. Start thinking about a request list .

       Also our Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic will be the Monday after the weekend event Nov. 7th. This will be from 630 to 1030. We always have such a great time at our After Party and hope all of you can join us!

NEWER REVIEWS:
Drift Away by Rob Fowler taught by Joan
You Make It Real by Amy Glass taught by Valerie
Hand Clap by Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky taught by Sandy
Gypsy Queen by Hazel Pace taught by Ann
Way Down We Go by Will C. taught by Valerie
Obsessed by Kim Ray taught by Joan

HERE ARE VIDEOS FOR AUGUST TEACHES:

AUGUST

HIGH ON LOVING YOU, Will Craig (taught by Lynda)
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/high-on-loving-you-ID111198.aspx

Dance Like Daddy, Liz Smith, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dance-like-daddy--dance-day-2016-ID112518.aspx
Handclap, Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/handclap-ID111428.aspx
Gypsy Queen, Hazel Pace, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-queen-ID111199.aspx
Drift Away by Rob Fowler, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/drift-away-ID112461.aspx

You Make It Real by Amy Glass, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/you-make-it-real-ID110970.aspx

PIECES, Dustin Betts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7o4qldKhE

WAY DOWN WE GO
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/way-down-we-go-ID110140.aspx

HARDEN UP PRICESS
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/harden-up-princess-ID111868.aspx

Obsessed, Kim Ray
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/obsessed-ID111817.aspx

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach teaches and that makes it such a fun class!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year after year!

Studio location:
Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Ave
Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

630 open dance
700 class starts
$8.00 for class
Snacks and water are always available

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com
***********************************
SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for September 5, 2016
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit subscribers are invited to participate in 4 ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
 1 Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 2 Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano & Kenneth Engel
 3 Cruisin' by Neil Hale
 4 Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
 5 Electric Slide by Unknown
 6 Rio by Diana Lowery
 7 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 8 Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
 9 Watermelon Crawl by Sue Lipscomb
10 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
 1 Bosa Nova by Phil Dennington
 2 (tie) Chill Factor by Daniel Whittaker & Hayley Westhead
   Come Dance With Me by Jo Thompson
 4 Dizzy by Jo Thompson
 5 Zjozzys Funk by Petra Van de Velde
 6 Rio by Diana Lowery
 7 (tie) Badonkadonk by Pepper Siquieros
   Have Fun, Go Mad by Scott Blevins
   Mojo Rhythm by Rob Fowler
   Rebel Amor by Roy Verdonk & Wil Bos
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
   Wave On Wave by Alan G. Birchall
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
 1 Gypsy Queen by Hazel Pace
 2 (tie) Adaptable by Frank Trace
   So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
 4 (tie) After Midnight by Judy McDonald
   Ain't Misbehavin' by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson Szymanski & Amy Glass
   And Then I Kissed Her by Gordon Elliott
   Big Blue Tree by Ria Vos
   Can You 2 Step by Frank Trace
   Come And Get It by Darren Bailey
   A Country High by Unknown
   Drift Away by Rob Fowler
   Head Over Boots by John Dembiec
   Margherita by Ira Weisburd
   Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
   Walking On Air by Dee Blansett
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
 1 Gypsy Queen by Hazel Pace
 2 Ain't Misbehavin' by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson Szymanski & Amy Glass
 3 (tie) The Bomp by Kim Ray
   Can You 2 Step by Frank Trace
   Ex's And Oh's by Amy Glass
   Strip It Down by Rachael McEnaney-White
 7 (tie) American Kids by Unknown
   Beautiful Goodbye by Michael Barr
   Big Blue Tree by Ria Vos
   Black Mercedes by Dan Albro
   Blue Night Cha by Kim Ray
   Cliché Love Song by Jo Thompson Szymanski, Guyton Mundy & John H. Robinson
   A Country High by Unknown
   Drift Away by Rob Fowler
   Emergency by Frank Trace
   Extreme Love by Niels B. Poulsen
   Girl Crush by Alison Johnstone & Rachael McEnaney
   Hootenanny by John H. Robinson
   I Just Can't Let You Go by Wil Bos & Aurélie Clota
   Lay Low by Darren "Daz" Bailey
   Mamma Maria by Frank Trace
   S.T. One by Rachael McEnaney-White
   So Just Dance Dance Dance! by José Miguel Belloque Vane & Richard Guillaume
   Stitches by Amy Glass
   Sugar Honey I.T. by Johanna Barnes
   Tell The World by Robbie McGowan Hickie
   Toes by Rachael McEnaney
   Until The Dawn by Gary Lafferty
   Walking On Air by Dee Blansett
   When I Was A Boy by Frank Trace
 ***************************
Subject: Line Dance Workshop  Saturday, September 24th in Saratoga Springs, NY
From: Sue Kaupelis (
sue...@hotmail.com)

Less than 3 weeks left to sign up in advance for the Fall Line dance workshop in Saratoga Springs, NY.  Guest instructors are: Steve Lescarbeau, Brandon Zahorsky and Denise Brault.  There will also be a guest teach from local instructor Jackie Fleming.  Workshop will be held from noon till 5pm.  Doors open at 11:30 am.  You may bring in snacks and beverages (no alcohol), but I will also have soda and water for sale at $1 each.   At 5 pm we take a dinner break, Lots of great restaurants in and around Saratoga, or you can order in and stay right there. At 7pm the doors open again for our evening dance.   All this takes place at the American Legion Post #70 on 34 West St Saratoga.  There are numerous hotels nearby in and around Saratoga and the foliage should be just coming into color.  Contact me for information or a flyer by e-mail.  Hope you will join us.

Sue Kaupelis
**************************
Subject:  Linedancing in Oklahoma City
From:  Sharon "sharooni" Lamb

Hey Guys:

I have a friend who has moved to Oklahoma City.  She is ready to get back out dancing but isn't finding a lot (mostly bar type venues).  Are there any good places to take lessons and dance in Oklahoma City?  Everything on the website is quite a ways away.  If you know of anything, please email me at sharo...@hotmail.com.

One more thing, why has no one choreographed a dance to Dust in the Wind.  I was re-exposed to it recently.  It is a 4/4 beat and doesn't sound like it might fit a straight dance without tags or re-starts.  Just a thought.  Such a beautiful classic song.

Thanks.
Sharon "Sharooni" Lamb

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.