World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday August 5

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 5, 2015, 9:02:24 AM8/5/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday 8/5  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY 6 PM FLORIDA TIME ON SUNDAY
NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS (and I am getting a LOT of new members so welcome. ) To quickly review the newsletter, just search for the word SUBJECT and you can skip from one subject to the next -- that's why I ask people to do the correct heading when they send me something to post (like Marilyn did it perfectly, below).  She typed in the heading (not just put it in the subject  line of the email she sent.
*******************************
SUBJECT: Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL
FROM:  Marilyn McNeal,
BoarsN...@aol.com

Update on Ray:
It was so sudden and unexpected for a macular hole to open in Ray's right eye last week.
We were lucky to get an appointment with his son Chris' doctor in Tampa on Thursday.
She immediately scheduled surgery to repair the hole on Monday, yesterday.  We have complete confidence in her, Dr. Karla Alejandro, Newsome Eye Clinic, Tampa, FL

The post-op check today showed the eye to be good, though he will not have vision in it for about a month. A gas bubble is in the eye and it takes that long for the body to absorb it and

to clear.  The surgeon will check Ray again  on Friday. He is in the Vitrectomy Chair all week. So it's the same routine as it was four years ago July, with his left eye.

There is no explanation for how this happens except that it is extremely serious and needs immediate repair when it does happen. We both thank you for your prayers and notes of

concern. We have a positive and faithful attitude that this surgery will have a good result, the other eye didn't heal completely well.

We obviously will not make it to the Brooksville dance this Saturday since he cannot see, but will hope to make it next time.  I look forward to covering Tuesday night classes in

Dunnellon starting back next week and that will be a good break for me. We also still hope to make it to the Dallas Bull at the end of the month but can't promise that at this time.
Nothing is more important that this time of healing.

The message is always so clear: enjoy what we've been given each day and be thankful for it. At any given moment, life can change dramatically.

Thank you for your continued prayers and friendship. It's easy for me to see I'm not the only one who loves my Ray!

NOTE FROM ME:  We hope Ray has a quick recovery.  I'm so glad he was able to get help quickly.  If you would like to send him a card, email me and I'll send you the address.

**************************
SUBJECT:  EVERY TUESDAY HIGH BEG-ADV CLASS LAST NIGHT BAYOU DANCE CLUB, PINELLAS PARK, FL

We had a really good class (and workout) last night.  We are soooooooooooooooo lucky to have people who will teach the dances and it is so much better having a class every Tuesday so we can actually remember them.  LOL.   We did one-wall reviews of a lot of these last night and I forgot who reviewed what but thanks anyway.

Run, I’m in Love With You,    Rock & Roll Is King, Cecelia, Beautiful Goodbye,Regresa – 1 wall - Marilyn,American Kids,

Hands Up – 1 wall – Jai (this one is always done at events and I could never remember it.), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfMSEzZTjw

Flip on the Lights by Ria Vos  (we love this little dance.  If you haven't done it, you would like it.), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2Pxsy1YrM

Foot Play – Teach – Ann (This is a really fun dance.), Foot Play,Foot Play,
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Foot+play+line+dance

Your loving arms – 1 wall – Cheryl.  I really love this dance.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6mlGwfEZU  Your loving Arms by Vikki Morris

 Honey I’m Good,Don’t ,Wakey Wakey,Shut up and dance – 1 wall – Lynda,Coming Unplugged -  teach – Lynda
Coming Unplugged (by Patrick Fleming.  I'm so glad we finally are doing this one.)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsySKonFCW8

Riversoul – teach -  Diane.  This one is continuing to grow in popularity.  It was a big hit at FITS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sqEy48w48

Witness by Fred Whitehouse and Darren Bailey  (we just danced this one since it isn't what everyone likes but those of us who like it really LOVE IT!!)  Lynda did a great job teaching it.  Witness, Eternal Secret,Get it Bae

We are getting dances together for next Tuesday, so will be posting them soon.  I hope you can join us sometime.  We try to do all levels of dances that people like and also try to pick ones that we think will be done at upcoming events so we can dance a lot.  There are some GREAT events coming up so I'm sure we will have lots of new dances to choose from.  We try to pick the ones we think will be around longer than 30 seconds.  LOL.

Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl
             33782
             Cost $8

We always have free water and people can bring snacks to share and we will have snacks.
          Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**********************************
Subject: RE: PLAYLISTS AT EVENTS
From:
marlene...@hotmail.com

Have read all the comments and it seems as if most of them are related to not knowing what to expect when attending an event and what dances to practice.....maybe a helpful way could be to post 20-30 dances that would be danced that weekend for sure, and then the dances that are being taught with still space to have requests - then maybe knowing those 20-30 would guarantee getting up and dancing.  Just saying.....always fun when you know a little bit of what to expect.....

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH AND DANCE

NOTE FROM ME:  Stacy always posts dances done at events (with the help of many people) and it is always on the site.  She compiles it after every event and it is a very good resource to look at before your next event.   She lists the events here.  If you would like to help keep track of dances played at the next event you attend, please let her know.  She will send you a list of dances and you basically check off the ones played and do extra checks if they are done more than once.  If you aren't dancing a lot for one reason or another, it is really a help to keep track.  Just write her at
stacy...@gmail.com and she will email you the list to print out and take with you.

Here is is example of what she has for FUN IN THE SUN.  It is always under EVENTS on the worldlinedancenewsletter.com site.

2015 FUN IN THE SUN
Videos of Dances Taught
Main Ballroom Playlist - Keep in mind it is NOT perfect.
Beginner Ballroom Playlist - Keep in mind it is NOT perfect.
Additional Information - dances played all three nights in the MAIN Ballroom and Dances from Carol's WLDN Survey with at least TEN votes or more were played in open.
**********************************

Subject: Re: query about the survey
From:
Judith...@aol.com

Carol,
I just finished downloading the survey results this week, and I have a question. In the Top Ten, there a bunch of dances that are really old or ones I never see in classes or  workshops--

and I attend a lot of them.

Tell the World
Going 2 Pot
Shake It Off
They Call Me the Breeze
Trouble with Treble
Do You Wanna Dance
Throw Away the Key
Timber
(Blurry Lines also gets LOTS of votes)

Is this just a matter of "regional differences" or is it just that the same people keep voting for the dances every week to keep them on the survey? I'm only asking because I'm trying to

make sense of what's on top, what to teach, etc. I'm not saying they're bad dances, I just don't see them anywhere but on the survey. Any advice?

Judith LeRoy

NOTE FROM ME:  I get this question a lot and I don't know the answer.  A few people have written and said they do the same dances in their classes all the time and maybe that is why.

Some of them I have never seen but they seem to stay in the top week after week, month after month.  Maybe someone can enlighten us.
*******************************
Subject: Time To Dance Central Florida Social
From:
timetod...@gmail.com

Cher Mason along with D. J. Sean are putting on a line dance social for ALL linedancers in Central Florida.

Sean is a professional D.J. who projects the playlist on the wall for all of the dancers to see.

Cher Mason will lead ALL of the dances for the beginners and those who are new line dance musicthis wonderful activity.

Location :  Citrus County Builders Association on Highway 491
Time : 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
When : Saturday August 22, 2015
Admission : $6.00

There will be 3 hours of music to line dance to and a 50/50 raffle.

Bring your own snacks and drinks, water is available.

Come out and see for yourself how much fun line dancing with Cher and Sean can be!!!!

timetod...@gmail.com
or see our webpage on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/588640237827764
***************************
Subject:  Nickel City Line Dance Classic

From:  Carol Larocque    dancinfee...@gmail.com

Nickel City Line Dance Classic (NCLDC)

Sudbury, ON, Canada

Our 6th annual event takes place on Saturday, September 26th, 2015.

The early bird deadline date has passed, but there is still plenty of time to get your registration in for a full day of dancing and lots of fun!

Guest instructors include Zandra McCallum from Burlington, ON and Michel Cabana from Ottawa, plus our own instructors – Marthe Thibeault, Pierrette (Pete) Vincent-Schroeder, and

Carol Larocque.  Our DJ – Colette Proulx – will ensure that all dancers have enough music to dance their feet to the bone (not really! But enough to keep you happy!) .

This year our fund-raising initiative is dedicated to “Lungs for Tina”.  Tina is Colette Proulx’s daughter-in-law, who requires a double lung transplant.  She and Colette’s son, Joel, have

had to move from Ottawa to Toronto, to await a donor, with no idea of how long it will take to receive a donation match.  Joel has had to take a leave of absence from his job at the Beer

Store, as he was unable to obtain a transfer.

Several fund raising initiatives are underway:

Proceeds from Nickel City Line Dance Classic
Beer Store:  you can bring your empty bottles to any beer store, and mention that you would like to have it put towards the Tina and Joel Proulx fundraiser, and they will do that for you.
Care Pages Link:
Click on her picture to visit the website     you can subscribe  or use Colette’s  info:

user name : colette...@gmail.com    password :  2TheBeat

This Care Pages link will also be on Dancing 2 the Beat website:  http://dancing2thebeat.ca/LUNGS-FOR-TINA.php      and

Dancin’ Feet in Motion website:  www.dancinfeetinmotion.ca  under the Nickel City Line Dance Classic tab.

If you can find it in your heart to donate to one of these fund-raising initiatives, it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest instructors include:  Zandra McCallum from Burlington, ON and Michel Cabana from Ottawa, ON.  And, of course, your local instructors Marthe Thibeault, Pierrette (Pete) Vincent-

Schroeder and Carol Larocque.  Our infamous DJ, Colette Proulx will keep you dancing all day and all night!

Come join us for a full day of dancing and lots of fun!

For further information, visit our websites:

Dancin’ Feet in Motion – www.dancinfeetinmotion.ca – see Nickel City Line Dance Classic tab

Dancing 2 the Beat -   http://dancing2thebeat.ca  - see Nickel City Line Dance Classic tab

Carol Larocque                       dancinfee...@gmail.com
************************************
SUBJECT: WHISKEY COUNTRY DANCING AT
                    NUTLEY ELK’S CLUB THIS WEEK
                                   AUGUST 5, 2015

                        GREAT NEWS!!!…THE LONG RUNNING:
    “WHISKEY WEDNESDAY COUNTRY DANCING” HAS MOVED TO
                         THE NUTLEY ELK’S CLUB

Hi Dancers,
                   Great News, we have moved our long running Whiskey Café Country
 Dancing Wednesday’s venue, to Wednesdays at the nearby Nutley, NJ Elk’s Hall
 (4 miles from the site of the old Whiskey Café). The hours are 7 pm to 11 pm.

THIS WEEK WE WILL TEACH:

1) “I’M WORTH IT TOO” (LINE DANCE REVIEW)
      CHOREOGRAPHER: ELAINE COOK

2)  “A BIT OF A CRUSH” (LINE DANCE TEACH)
       CHOREOGRAPHER: GAYE TEATHER (UK)
       CHOREOGRAPED TO “GIRL CRUSH” BY LITTLE BIG TOWN

3)    ALSO: BEGINNER LESSONS

                   The Nutley Elk’s Hall is located at:
                    242 Chestnut Street
                    Nutley, NJ
                    (Enter the hall on the Warren Street Entrance)

                    ($9 COVER CHARGE)

                     PARK ACROSS THE STREET AT THE NUTLEY MUNICIPAL BUILDING ON
                     CHESTNUT STREET, OR IN THE BANK PARKING LOT TO THE LEFT
                     OF THE NUTLEY ELK’S BUILDING.

                     The Elk’s Hall is beautiful with plenty of tables, and seating for everyone.
The Elk’s Lodge has a nice size dance floor, and is fully air-conditioned.

                     BRING YOUR OWN SNACKS !!

                      The Elk’s hall also features a FULL SERVICE BAR, with very reasonably priced
drinks, soda, and water.

                      We have attended country dancing in the hall for years (as far back as the Joe and
Wilma Nigito era), and have always had a good time.  With your support we will have many more
good times country dancing at the Nutley Elk’s Club.

                                             We hope to see you there,
                                                                                            BILL & LINDA
                                                                                            TN: 973-989-0694

From: Norma Brooksville nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject:  Dancing at Brookridge Community Clubhouse

This was a great day.  We learned one new fun little dance
and reviewed several others; Oh, & Sat. night (8/8) is our Social!
We invite any dancers, including couples, in the drivable area,
to come join us! $5 each, 6:30-9:30 PM, at our Clubhouse,
huge dance floor, soft lighting, great DJ and you’ll dance your
feeties off with a smile, & when you’re limping out, you’ll still
be smiling!!! Guaranteed!

Int. Class Today, 7/4/15  100-3:00 PM @ $6

1.  The Bomp NEW
2.  Girl Crush
3.  Florida Swing
4. We Only Live Once
5.  New Shade of Blue
6.  Every Breath You Take
7.  No Vacancy
8.  Need A Little Sweetness
9.  Love Can Build A Bridge
10.Beautiful Goodbye

Any other info about classes or the Social, e-mail or call
(352) 397-6088  (GPS: 8150 Hampton St. Bksvl 34613)

~dance til you drop
 ********************************

SUBJECT:  LINE AND PATTERN PARTNER DANCE PARTY IN ASHEVILLE, NC

Come join us for our Monthly Line and Pattern Partner Dance Party in Asheville, NC at the Asheville Ballroom.

The date of the event is
:
Friday, August 7th, 2015;    7pm -10pm

Teach from 7-7:30pm; Open Dancing until 10pm

Come join us for a fun evening of Line and Pattern Partner Dancing..........Lots of great dancing with great folks!!!!
DJ - Jean Vick
Host - Denna Yockey

The Asheville Ballroom is located at 991-B Sweeten Creek Road, Asheville, NC
website: www.ashevilleballroom.com (for directions)

If you have any questions, please contact me via email......

denna....@gmail.com
*****************************
SUBJECT:  AIRLINE FARES TO TAMPA (THESE ARE ROUND TRIP) CHEAPAIR.COM

Popular fares from TPA   Change city
From To Fares from* (roundtrip)
Tampa Atlanta $96
 Tampa Las Vegas $336
 Tampa Newark $239
 Tampa New York $209
 Tampa Boston $229
 Tampa Chicago $149
 Tampa Washington $159
 Tampa Los Angeles $391
 Tampa San Juan $262
 Tampa San Francisco $440
 Tampa Detroit $215
 Tampa Miami $141
 Tampa Philadelphia $169
 Tampa Seattle $335
 Tampa Dallas $109

NOTE FROM ME:  There seem to be a lot of good airfare sales right now.  I subscribe to a bunch of the airfare sites and they send out the sales every Tuesday.

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com