World Line Dance Newsletter & New Dances Sunday 3/1 PLEASE VOTE TODAY

TKA...@aol.com

Mar 1, 2015, 9:12:17 AM3/1/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Sunday 3/1.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!!  Sounds like everyone had fun in Ft. Wayne.  Safe travels home everyone.  Looking forward to some reports this week from the Zombies.

SUBJECT: NEW DANCES/VIDEOS ADDED (for February)
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/videos_new_dances.html

ADDED FEBRUARY 28, 2015
Flying Home/Gaye Teather & Adrian Helliker/Imp
So Strong/Ellie Hendriks/No Level Given in Body of Email

ADDED FEBRUARY 27, 2015
Bells Of Angelus/Karen Tripp & Rita Masur/Int
Fly Away/Karen Tripp/Imp
We Just Wanna Hit the Floor/adapted by Annemaree Sleeth/No Level Given in Body of Email
Whole Lotta Shakin'/Annemaree Sleeth & Adrian Helliker/No Level Given in Body of Email

ADDED FEBRUARY 26, 2015
A Giggle & A Wiggle/John Warnars/No Level Given in Body of Email
Between The Bars/Brandi Gross/Int-Adv
ComeBack/Dee Musk/Int
Foolin' Myself/John Warnars/No Level Given in Body of Email
He's Messed Up/Dee Blansett/Beg-Int
I'm Ready For This/Esmeralda vd Pol/Int
Love To Hate Them Boys/Dee Blansett/High Int
Pardon Me/John Warnars/No Level Given in Body of Email
Run Run Run/Brandi Gross/Int
Singalong Song/Ira Weisburd & Marie Sorensen/High Beg
Sugar Rush/Trevor Thornton/No Level Given in Body of Email
Summertime With You/Gaye Teather/High Beg-Imp
This Girl's Been/Brandi Gross/Int
Till It's Gone/Lynne Flanders/Beg
Twisted Sister/Guyton Mundy/Adv

ADDED FEBRUARY 25, 2015
All Night/Ivonne Verhagen/No Level Given in Body of Email
Animals/Bobbey Willson/Phrased Imp
Bad Girl Phase/Bobbey Willson/Phrased Imp
Blank Space/Bobbey Willson/Imp
Centuries/Bobbey Willson/High Beg-Imp
Close Your Eyes/Ivonne Verhagen/No Level Given in Body of Email
Girl In A Country Song/Bobbey Willson/Imp-Int
Gust Of Wind/Bobbey Willson/Imp
Melodie D'amour/Amy Christian & Annemaree Sleeth/Beg-Imp
Red Wagon/Amy Christian/Beg
Shut Up and Dance/Bobbey Willson/Imp

ADDED FEBRUARY 24, 2015
Be There In Five/Carol Cotherman/Int
Deeper/Rhoda Lai & Laura Sway/Imp
Fussin N Fightin/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
Heidi/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
I'm Falling/Jan Wyllie/Int
Jessica/Jan Wyllie/Int
Lifetime Dreams/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
Mexico Again/Jan Wyllie/Int
More Than One Heart/Jan Wyllie/Int
Now I'm A Believer/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
Out The Door/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
Pardon Me/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
Stories We Could Tell/Vivienne Scott/Beg-Imp
Thrilled/Jan Wyllie/Beg
Waltzing With Smiles/Jan Wyllie/Easy Int
What A Feeling/Jan Wyllie/Beg

ADDED FEBRUARY 23, 2015
A Shoulder To Cry On/Wil Bos/High Int
Lonely Tonight/Larry Bass/Beg-Int
Maverick/Karl-Hrary Winson/Imp
Stronger/Betty Moses/Int
Tears Of Joy/Karl-Harry Winson/Int
************************
Subject:  "Dancing & Cruising with Ira"

From:        Ira Weisburd (dancew...@comcast.net)

Our Maiden voyage aboard Royal Caribbean's
Explorer of the Seas has come and gone, but the
friendships and stories will last a lifetime.   150
people from all across the USA, CANADA,
NETHERLANDS & as far away as REUNION ISLAND &
MUMBAI, INDIA came together on this much
anticipated Line Dance Cruise.   It was great seeing
many groups of friends I've made on my workshop
tours and especially nice meeting many of you for
the very first time.

We learned a lot from this first cruise and listened to
many of your suggestions for making the next one
even better.  Diane and I met with Marie Emmerich,
the owner of Advantage Cruises Travel Agency and
discussed next year's cruise in depth.   She will also
be accompanying us on next year's cruise.  We are
requesting more convenient times for the dance
sessions, so that everyone can enjoy most
everything the ship offers ie. shows, excursions, etc.

 We also learned that the basketball court is not
always reliable, due to the unpredictable weather on
the open sea.  The general consensus seems to be
that people would prefer to dance later in the
morning or in the afternoon.  Evening dance
sessions, only if it doesn't compromise going to the
shows.   We will be requesting at least  2 - 3  hours of
dancing daily.  There is so much to see and do on a
cruise.  The dancing just makes going on a cruise
that much more desirable !!  We also discussed
having a Welcome Reception/Registration the first
day of the cruise in a  meeting room or lounge, a
separate Meet & Greet also in a meeting room or
lounge and a Private Farewell Cocktail Party on the
last night of the Cruise.

Next year, we will be sailing on Royal Caribbean's
much larger ship,  the beautiful Independence of the
Seas out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.  It
will be a 6 Day, 5 Night Cruise to Labadee and
Falmouth, Jamaica.  The dates are February 8 -
February 13,  2016.  You must book through
Advantage Cruises & Tours to participate in Line
Dancing, Private Gatherings, Parties & any Special
Events.  We have created a brand new Facebook
Event Page, where you can print out the brochure,
register and invite your friends.  Dancing & Cruising
with Ira in 2016:

4

Prices for cabins are starting at only $599.00 US per
person, including Government fees & Port taxes.
Book early to guarantee your price and cabin.
February is the best time of year to be cruising &
dancing in the Caribbean.   It only takes a $100
deposit per person to lock in the special rate and
cabin of your choice.  You have until November to
make final payment and / or receive full refund of
deposit less $25 administrative fee.  Trip
cancellation insurance is also available and
recommended.

Here are some of the workshops I will be giving in

the next few months:
SPRING FEVER CLASSIC LINE DANCE WORKSHOP in
Winter Park, Florida
Thursday, March 26th from 10am-3pm.
Contact: jan...@cfl.rr.com

10th Annual  LINE DANCE WORKSHOP in Arnprior,
Ontario, Canada
Saturday, April 11th from 1pm - 9pm.
Contact:  mais-...@sympatico.ca

SPRING LINE DANCE WORKSHOP in Durham, North
Carolina
Saturday, April 18th from 10am - 1pm.
Contact:  peac...@gmail.com

NULINE DANCE CLASS  in Kings Point Delray Beach,
Florida
Tuesday, April 21st from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm.
Alison Johnstone, creator of NULINE DANCE will be
our guest along with Jan Chong.
They are coming all the way from Australia.  Don't
miss this opportunity to meet them !!
Contact: dancew...@comcast.net

LINE DANCE WORKSHOP in the Netherlands
Saturday, June 20th from 1:30pm - 5:30pm.
Contact:  schwar...@hotmail.com

LINE DANCE WORKSHOP in San Diego, California
Saturday, October 24th from 9:30am - 4:30pm
Contact John:  pres...@sdnld.org
 ******************************
Subject: Step sheets for Run and Wakey Wakey
From: Scott Blevins

Hello dance world! The step sheets for "my new

waltz "Run" and "Wakey Wakey" a funky little dance I

choreographed with Jo Thompson are both up on my

www.copperknob.co.uk.
Thank you for your patience and hope enjoy them.
Scott Blevins
*********************
Subject: 2015 Line Dance Marathon - May 28-May 31
From:
je...@thelinedancemarathon.com

These five amazingly talented ladies are joining The

Line Dance Marathon team in 2015 for the first time.

Be sure you come to Raleigh-Durham May 28-31 to

learn the latest line dance creations from Amy Glass

(USA), Rhoda Lai (Canada), Maria Maag (Denmark),

Brenna Stith (USA) and Klara Wallman (Sweden).

Truly wonderful additions to our all-star, world class,

international team!!!!

more about our entire lineup of talented instructors.

See you at The Marathon,
Jean Garr and Scott Blevins
**********************
SUBJECT: EVENT REPORT
FROM: Lisa McCammon

SPACE COAST BLAST IN TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA, FEBRUARY 28, 2015

The North Brevard Senior Center in Titusville was the site for the Space Coast Blast hosted by Ferrel Mazzatto and her cadre of capable cohorts. This one-day event is low key and a lot of fun, with dancers of all levels together in one room for workshops and dancing, or in the adjoining dining room to rest and socialize. The facility is easy to find, has adequate parking, and everyone had a seat at a table and room to dance for the workshops or open dancing in between.

Dennis Hansen started the day with Kissin' In The Backrow by Marji Urgert and You Make Me Wanna by Gail Smith. Trevor Thornton was up next with She's So Hott!!

In addition to a full day of dancing and workshops, registration for the Space Coast Blast included a lunch of turkey tortilla wraps, bean salad, and homemade cake for dessert. Ferrel promised to post the salad recipe on her website, so check it in a day or two--it was yummy. If I'd seen the bowl they put out after everyone was served, I'd have had seconds!

My teaching slot was immediately after lunch, and I told the group that I was going to aid their digestion--I taught Shake It Off by Campbell Miller. It was very well received, and many people told me how much they enjoyed the dance. Later, even though some had started to head home throughout the afternoon, the floor was full of smiling people when I reviewed the dance at the end of the day.

Larry Bass wound up the workshop with three of his own dances: Lonely Tonight, Just Gettin' Started Tonight, and Bop N' Easy.

All the dances had appeal on various levels to me as a dancer and as an instructor, but if I had to choose a favorite of the day, it would be She's So Hott!! (two Ts and two exclamation points included in the title) by Trevor and James Pruitt. Trevor is one of the instructors at The Barn in Sanford, and the dance won second place in the choreography competition at Big Bang earlier this year.

Lots of photos have been posted on FB, and I'll add more to my website as I get them.

When Ferrel "retired" a couple of years ago, so did The Blast. However, she was persuaded to host another because so many dancers begged for more. Thanks, Ferrel--to paraphrase the baseball metaphor, if you hold it, we will come.
************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT CAROL IS TEACHING IN THE
VILLAGES

Electric slide   HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=Rc8er_SVFQ0
Bullfrog on a Log https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=MzSJ_IhqbRU (2nd Teach)
Gin & Tonic  HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-

7f85RJ6JPY (Monterey and Jazz box) Danced twice
And it Goes like This (No Video Has the V step
Ballys Mambo  HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=EoXA_2mBMqA (introduce Mambos)
Rockin the Wagon Wheel

v=3vNtwoEgKcU  (split floor)
**NEW(( We only live once

v=NgBCkFgzFtQ
Huggable   HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=cGgi8cwM5SY
Goin Hamm https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=tSJFvvdlPAk
After the Storm   HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=hcfCOTCpqRw
Cecilia  HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=8m6hl74QJBA
----------------------------------
Every breath you Take

(danced twice)
Turn the Beat Around (Dee Musk Rob Fowler)

HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhrItwY0A7o
**NEW 2nd teach  Needs a little Sweetness Video

coming soon (Mike Hitchen)
The Boat to Liverpool

v=mdD_JWY9UNQ
My Way   HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=pVDYL84aRQw (Craig Bennett)
Uptown Funk https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=23dqt0tUSjQ
Ball & Chain https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=AlASNYrim3I
We only live once

v=ueggZ53yE-w

caro...@embarqmail.com
************************
SUBJECT:  DANCES TAUGHT AT GRROWLERS IN THE
UK

 Dances taught at Grrowler's (UK) - week ending 28-

Feb-15

Beginner / Improvers
Action (Darren Bailey) - Little Less Talk And A Lot

More Action - Toby Keith
Bullfrog On A Log (Cef Decaney) - I Gotta Feeling -

Blackjack Billy
County Line Cha Cha (Unknown) - Neon Moon -

Brooks & Dunn
Just For Grins (Jo Thompson) - Billy B Bad - George

Jones

K Step Boogie (Jo Thompson & Michele Burton) - Be

Young Be Foolish Be Happy - Scooter Lee
Leaving Of Liverpool (Maggie G) - The Leaving Of

Liverpool - Sham Rock
Lindi Shuffle (Jane Smee) - You're Sixteen.- Blue

Bombay
Love Letter Waltz (Frank Trace) - Love Letters - Elton

John & Bonnie Rait

Mamma Maria (Frank Trace) - A La Playa - SBS
San Antone (John & Janet Sandham) - San Antone

Stroll - Tanya Tucker
T Bone Shuffle (Peter Metelnick) - T Bone Shuffle -

Boz Scaggs
T Bone Shuffle (Peter Metelnick) -Zorba's Dance

(Slow Start) - LCD

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Improvers
Action (Darren Bailey) - A Little Less Talk And A Lot

More Action - Toby Keith
Ball & Chain (Michelle Risley) Ball & Chain - Connie

Britton
Blue Jean Baby (Adrian Churm) - American Kids -

Kenny Chesney

I'm In Love With You (Jose BV & Sebastiaan

Holtland) - I'm In Love With You - Timbaland ft.Tyson

Ritter
Playin' Tricks (Nev & Julie) - Playin' Tricks - Charles

Esten
Rodeo And Juliet (GRR!) - Rodeo And Juliet - Garth

Brooks
Shotgun Mambo (Kate Sala) -  Me & My Broken Heart

- Rixton

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Int / Adv
Hard To Say It (Neils Poulsen) - Hard to Say I'm Sorry

- Chicago
Modern Romance (Kate Sala) - Something to Die For -

Fiona Culley
One Shot (Kate & Robbie) - Stripes - Brandy Clark

Shades Of Passion (Rob Fowler) - Earned It - The

Weekend
Up (P&A) - Up -  Olly Murs ft Demi Lovato
Yes! (Simon Ward & Jo Thompson) - Yes - Merry

Clayton

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Forthcoming weekends with Grrowler

Grrowler's "Boot Camp" 17-19 Apr 2015, Prince of

Wales Hotel, Southport
with guest choreographers / instructors
Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris

Grrowler's "Dance Frenzy" 16-18 Oct 2015, Cairn

Hotel, Harrogate
with live artist Warren Conway (ex Diamond Jack)

Ring or E-mail for booking forms

For a full list of dances taught and danced socially at

our classes over the recent months
and a complete listing of social playlists.
Vist www.Grrowler.com

LUV & XXX's
John "Grrowler" Rowell - your dancin' DJ
Tel : +44(0)1723 - 364736
Email : Grro...@btinternet.com
Web: www.Grrowler.com

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com