World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 2/9 and New Dances Last week

57 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

TKA...@aol.com

ungelesen,
09.02.2015, 09:02:4109.02.15
an world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Monday 2/9

SUBJECT:   STACY HAS UPDATED THE CALENDAR.  Please check the dates before you schedule someting and there is a little form to use on the RH side of the page to add your socials, day seminars, weekend events, and dance cruises.
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
**********************
NOTE FROM ME:  Some people were not able to review the playlist and videos from the Big Bang so here is the link again.
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/starring_stacyjg.html
***********************
SUBJECT: NEW DANCES/VIDEOS ADDED LAST WEEK
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/videos_new_dances.html

ADDED FEBRUARY 08, 2015
Bachata La Vida/Eva Pau/Int
Ready For the Good Life/Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris/Int
Red, Yellow And Green/Marie Sorensen/Imp
The Easy Way/Karen Tripp/Beg
The Way We Ought To Be/Karen Tripp/Imp
We Could Be Giants/Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris/No Level Given in Body of Email
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow/Marie Sorensen/Beg

ADDED FEBRUARY 06, 2015
Boogie Jive Riot/Ilona Tessmer-Willis/Int
Kissin' In the Backrow/Marja Urgent/Easy Int
Move That Groove/Tina Argyle/Beg
She Moves/Phil Carpenter/Imp

ADDED FEBRUARY 04, 2015
Don't Dance Alone/Maggie Gallagher/Int
Gomez/Robbie M Hickie/Int
Hard To Say It/Niels Poulsen/
Lipz/Maggie Gallagher, Gary O’Reilly & Helen O’Malley/Int
The Boy Can Dance/Yvonne Anderson/Int

ADDED FEBRUARY 03, 2015
Jackson Waltz/Marie Sorensen/Ab Beg
Me and You Before Goodbye/Marie Sorensen/Beg
Mil Pasos (A Thousand Steps)/Martie Papendorf/Imp
Where Do I Go/Frankie Ray Merchant/Beg-Int

ADDED FEBRUARY 02, 2015
Boots On Fire/Adriano Castagnoli/Adv
Broken Heart Mambo/Judy Rodgers/Int
Earned It/Julia Wetzel/Phrased Int-Adv
Fires Out/Kristal Lynn Konzen/Beg-Imp
For Always/Judy Rodgers/Imp
For Always EZ/Judy Rodgers/Beg
Living Good/John Warnars/
Love 4 Fun/Judy Rodgers/Int
Nice Days/Adriano Castagnoli/Int
Pizza and Beer/Adriano Castagnoli/Int
Riverside Blue/Adriano Castagnoli/Int
Shake Your Boom Boom/Malene Jakobsen/Int
Stop and Café/Adriano Castagnoli/Beg
Two Babies/Adriano Castagnoli/Int
************************
NOTE FROM ME:  I was talking with someone yesterday and they asked me if I ever knew Hot Tamales and I was wondering what happened to Neil Hale.  He did some good dances.  Where is he?
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/search.aspx?Search=neil+hale&SearchType=Any&Beat=-1&Level=Any&Wall=-1&Lang=en

***********************
Subject:  Line Dance Showdown, Quincy, MA – March 26-29, 2015
From:  JC Dance Productions, Inc.
 You are invited to the 14th Annual Line Dance Showdown to be held at Marriott Boston Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts.

 Workshops
ALL workshops are included in your weekend or daily passes.  Workshops will be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  A complete workshop schedule will be available online two weeks prior to the event.  We are offering a variety of workshops at all levels.  Register early for savings on your weekend and day passes. You must purchase a weekend or daily pass to attend workshops.  Here is the link for a registration form:  http://www.linedanceshowdown.com/images/pdfs/2015.pdf

 Instructors
Some of the best instructors from around the world have been CONFIRMED and you don’t want to miss this line-up:
Scott Blevins (IN)
Will Craig (NC)
Dancin’ Dean (VT)
Rob Fowler (Spain)
Kenny J (NJ)
Rhoda Lai (Canada)
Steve Lescarbeau (MA)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Debbie McLaughlin (UK)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)
Ed Williams (NY)
And Helena Jeppsson,  the WINNER of WDM Choreography Competition

The Showdown
This is an ANYTHING GOES competition and it is HUGE!  $2,000.00 in cash prizes.  The Solo’s / Duo’s / Team’s will be competing against each other for the $700 first place prize and $300 prize for the one with the most audience votes.  You get a total of (6) Six minutes on the floor to see if you’re good enough to take home the cash.  Rules are. ……There are no rules!

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This is the first year for the USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships). Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2015.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Accommodations
The Line Dance Showdown will be held at Boston Marriott Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts.  The Boston Marriott Quincy is proud to offer you a special room rate of $106.00 per night.  For room reservations, please call 617-472-1000 or 800-228-9290.  Mention The Line Dance Showdown to get the special room rate.

For questions or more information, please email us at:  in...@linedanceshowdown.com

Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 26-29, 2015)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
************************
Subject: DISCOUNTED! Seacoast Social Dance & Workshop (Fort Pierce, FL)
From: Wendie Smith & Casey French (
in...@wildrosesfoundation.org)

Seacoast National Bank & Wild Roses Foundation are teaming up to bring you the Seacoast Social Dance & Workshop, a fundraiser benefiting the Saint Lucie County Boys & Girls club.

On February 21, 2015 from 10am -4pm instructors; Patrick Fleming, Kathy Parker, Trevor Thornton & Lisa Johns Grose will be joining us at the Fort Pierce Women’s Club, 2408 S. 29th Street, Fort Pierce 34948

REGISTER THIS WEEK FOR A DISCOUNT $35 including lunch! Space is limited so go to www.wildrosesfoundation.org to register

*************************
SUBJECT: 16th Annual Line Dancers’ Spring Break

16th Annual Line Dancers’ Spring Break
Please join us at The best dance vacation in North America at the newly renovated Crown Reef Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC
May 6 – 10, 2015
Steve Lescarbeau,st...@aplusvacations.com
 Confirmed instructors: Will Craig,      Dancin’ Dean,   Johnny 2-Step,   John Robinson,  Amy Glass,     Jill Babinec
************************
SUBJECT:  COPPERKNOB.COM CHART FOR WEEK ENDING 2/9
FROM:  GEORGE

1(2610 Views)Love Me Like You Do    Ria Vos, (Jan 2015)
   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding ( ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’) Single (4:13)

2(2334 Views)If My Heart Had Windows    Marja Urgert & Tjwan Oei (Jan 2015)
   48 Count     2 Wall     Easy Intermediate     Music: If My Heart Had Windows “By” Patty Loveless

3(1953 Views)Lipz    Maggie Gallagher, Gary O’Reilly & Helen O’Malley (Jan 2015)
   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Lips Are Movin by Meghan Trainor

4(1907 Views)Coffee Time Samba    Ria Vos - NL (Jan 2015)
   32 Count     4 Wall     Improver     Music: Gotta Have My Java by Bryan White (86 bpm - CD Single)

5(1894 Views)Hard to Say It!    Niels Poulsen (Denmark) Jan 2015
   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate NC     Music: Hard to say I’m sorry by Chicago. Album: ‘The Best of Chicago (3:41) (40th Anniversary Edition) [Remastered]’. iTunes, etc.

6(1849 Views)Uptown Funk    Rob Fowler (Nov 2014)
   64 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars

7(1698 Views)A Thousand Miles    Karl-Harry Winson (UK) Jan 2015 (19th CBA)
   32 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate NC2S     Music: I Wanna Grow Old with You by Westlife. Album: World of Our Own (iTunes.co.uk)

8(1617 Views)Shades of Passion    Rob Fowler (Jan 2015)
   72 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate / Advanced waltz     Music: Earned it – The Weekend [from soundtrack of 50 Shades of Grey]

9(1571 Views)We Only Live Once    Robbie McGowan Hickie - UK (Nov 2014)
   64 Count     4 Wall     Intermediate     Music: Shannon Noll - We Only Live Once

10(1555 Views)Don't Dance Alone    Maggie Gallagher (Jan 2015)
   64 Count     2 Wall     Intermediate     Music: I Don't Wanna Dance by Nikki Ponte
***********************
SUBJECT:   Just Wanna Dance IV Line Dance Workshop Featuring Guyton Mundy on Feb. 14, 2015, in Port Charlotte, FL

FROM:         Carol Ann Huban, jandc...@aol.com, 941-429-7844 (H), 941-525-3840 (Cell)

This is your last chance to register for the Just Wanna Dance IV Line Dance Workshop Featuring the famous Guyton Mundy.  The workshop will be held on Saturday, February 14, 2015, at the Cultural Center of Charlotte County in Port Charlote, FL, from 9:30 - 4 PM.

Registration can be paid at the door, but only if you register with Carol Huban by phone or email.  Don't miss out on a great workshop that Guyton has planned for you.  Four Intermediate dances, 2 Improver and 2 or 3 Advanced dances will be taught by Guyton.  Get ready to do some hand movements ladies and gentlemen.  Lots of free raffles will be given away, as well as door prizes, and there will be a Sale Table to benefit Carol Ann Huban's American Cancer Society's Relay for Life team.

What a way to spend Valentine's Day with the sweetheart of all line dancers -- Guyton.  I am so happy that Guyton's own sweetheart, Natalie, will be joining us for this workshop.
***********************
Subject: February is Nightclub Month
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

What- Nightclub Lessons and Dance

When- Feb 10th and 24th (2nd and 4th Tues)

Where- Bayou Dance Club, 6541 102nd Ave N., Pinellas Park

Come join us for a great night of nightclub lessons and open dance practice!!! Beginner, Novice and Intermediate classes are offered and will focus on all the aspects you need to know to be a great social dancer!!!

Your instructors.....

Danielle Blouin has been teaching and competing country dances since 1996 and is a 2-Time World Champion on the UCWDC circuit. She is most passionate about helping others expand their knowledge and enjoyment of dance. Her classes are fun and entertaining and filled with concepts on technique and connection to make your dance effortless!!

Jane Hance- Jane started dancing Two-Step and related social dances in 1995 in San Diego, CA. . She has trained with some of the best WCS and Country dancers in the world including Ronnie Debenedetta and Brandi Tobias! Her teaching focuses on building solid social dancing skills and having fun on the dance floor!

6:30pm- FREE Beg Nightclub Two Step
7-7:15- Open Dance Practice
7:15- Novice Nightclub Two Step
8:00-8:15- Open Dance Practice
8:15- Int Nightclub Two Step
9-9:30- Open Dance Party to include two step, wcs, nightclub, cha and waltz!!

Cost- $10 per class or $15 for both the novice and int

If you have taken Danielle's int classes before then you eligible for the int class at 8:15. If you are new to our classes but have some experience then start w/the novice class and the instructors will move you up when you are ready!!! Never done two step? Then come to our FREE beginner class at 6:30pm!

Classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month!!!

Danielle Blouin
dbdance.net
*************************
SUBJECT:  THIS TIME NEXT YEAR
FROM:  BIG DAVE

Hi all,

This time next year Dee, Karl & I will be having a Just Dance weekend in Port Talbot, Wales 5th - 7th February 2016 - Come & join us for this fun one off event - Looking forward to a return to Port Talbot after a few years away - The Aberavon Beach Hotel is a quality Best Western & we'll have a great time - It's £159 for 2 nights DB&B .............

http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html

Contact me or Pauline with any queries ...............

PS. Our Carlisle Just Dance is back 1st - 3rd April 2016 - Diddy Dave n' Big Dave with Ria & Kal

You can book both of these now - Happy dancing in 2015 :-)

Dave.
*****Come & dance with us in San Francisco at the 'Experience' in September - We had an awesome time last year & this is your last chance with us in SF before we move on - Scott/Niels/Rachael/Guyton/Karl/Joey/Fred ... And DJ me :-)
SF is an amazing place to dance on a vacation in an awesome hotel with rooms just $129pn for up to 4 people :-) ..... http://www.bigdavegastap.com/SanFransiscoEvent.html

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

FROM:  BIG DAVE

Hi all,

Come & join us in the Toon for Newline15 - 24th - 28th September 2015 .............

This year we are starting with a pre-event social/workshop night hosted by Dee on the Thursday (Locals are welcome to join us for the evening for £6) - Then the event is a Euro Special welcoming guest instructors Niels, Dee, Klara, JP Madge, Guyton & Fred Whitehouse - The fancy dress theme on the Saturday evening is 'European Countries' - And you can add a chill Sunday evening social too :-) The event is £154 for 2 nights DB&B - And you can add Thursday and/or Sunday evening for just £45 DB&B each - Come & join us for a great weekend of non-stop dancing :-)

September is an exiting dancing month for us again which starts with the San Francisco Experience 3rd - 6th September (Labor Day weekend) - Hope to see lots of US dancing friends there & I'm proud to be DJing again for Diane & Sandy - Make a vacation out of it & don't miss out because this is our last Experience in San Francisco (Come on Euro dancing friends don't miss it) - And an awesome line-up too with Rachael, Scott, Niels, Guyton, Karl, Joey & Fred ...............

http://www.spreadyourwingsanddance.com/experience-2015-san-francisco-september-2015.html

Lots of happy dancing before that though too - Cya out there :-)

Dave.
*****Come & dance with us in San Francisco at the 'Experience' in September - We had an awesome time last year & this is your last chance with us in SF before we move on - Scott/Niels/Rachael/Guyton/Karl/Joey/Fred ... And DJ me :-)
SF is an amazing place to dance on a vacation in an awesome hotel with rooms just $129pn for up to 4 people :-) ..... http://www.bigdavegastap.com/SanFransiscoEvent.html

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS
*************************
SUBJECT:  BEGINNER DANCE TITLES?
I have recently written a beginner dance and used the word BABY in the title to indicate that it was an easier dance suitable for beginners.
However, it has been brought to my attention that some people do not like to do dances with the word BABY or EASY in the title.  They are offended by these words when used to denote beginner dances.
I assure you that it was not my intention to offend anyone.
However, we DO need labels sometimes to make things easier to find.
For example if we called all classes just "LINEDANCE" classes then we would all have to spend a lot of time attending each class to find one at the level we required.
This was my thought when naming my dance, and I included the word BABY simply to help instructors and dancers to find it if that was the level they were looking for.
So - what do other people think? Are they offended by these words?
Personally, my class never remember the titles of dances anyway, and only recognise the dance when the music comes on!!
Regards
Sue Marshall, LineViners, UK.
country...@yahoo.co.uk
*************************

Subject: FW: The Workshop
From:
rockinr...@verizon.net
Hey y’all,

Spring is fast approaching and that means it’s time to register for the 2015 Richardson Jamboree Workshop. We’ve already collected quite a few so don’t wait!

The dates are April 16-18 at the Gymnasium, First Baptist Church of Richardson, 1001 N. Central Expressway, Richardson, TX.

It’s gonna be a good one this year with the ever awesome Michael Barr and Michele Burton here to teach us a great line-up of dances. That’s two full days of teaches and two nights of open dancing. Plus a wonderful wood floor, food, vendors, friendly deejays (!) … and the list goes on.

There’s no better way to preview and learn the 2015 Texas Line Dance Jamboree nominated dances!!!

Our hotel is fabulous. You can register at the Double Tree by Hilton  Hotel, 1981 N. Central Expressway, Richardson, TX on-line by going to www.rockinredrodeo.com , clicking on “Workshop” and then clicking on the “Reservations Link.” You can also call 972-808-5312 for hotel reservations. Be sure to mention “The Line Dance Workshop.” Get your rooms early as there are a number of conventions happening at the same time.

More details are on the web including a list of the nominated dances and links to their step sheets and videos. And while you’re there, check out all the pages on our newly revised website.

CU in April,
Nikki

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor