World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 9/2 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2016, 10:28:45 AM9/2/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Friday, 9/2.  Well, we survived Hermine.  Remember, folks, the next time you think you can ride out a big hurricane that this was barely a 1.  I'm sure if you live inland, you are fine.  If you live on the beach, you probably aren't too fine this morning, and if you live close to the beach (like me) you are probably soaked with lots of limbs down and maybe you lost power.  Just a barometer to keep in mind the next time a storm is coming.  This storm was really a water storm with wind but we had a lot of water and also a lot of wind.  There is still a high tide coming today that they are talking about.  Lots of beach erosion here in the Clearwater area and I'm sure it will be worse north of us.  I haven't seen pictures or vidoes of what happened after it left the Tampa Bay Area but I hope our friends are okay and as it moves up the East Coast hopefully it will be less harmful but I guess we will all have to watch what it does.  I hope when the restaurants and shops open again on the beaches that you will make a special trip to support them because this is one of the big weekends for them and they want and need your business to help recover.  Keep everyone in your thoughts and thanks for worrying about all of us over the past few days. Hope everyone is okay. If you go to baynews9.com and/or ABCActionnews.com you will see lots of visuals.  The news did a great job keeping everyone informed.  I have to tell you I bought this little $10 lantern at Big Lots when I was there the other day just in case and it was AMAZING!!  When I lost power, it lit the entire room.  You can even adjust the brightness.  I would strongly recommend it or something similar.  Mine was made by promier.com and they look way more expensive on the site than I paid but I'm sure lots of people sell these lanterns.  It even has a handle and a compass on the top in case you feel like playing Paul Revere in the future.  It has 30 LED lights and uses 3D batteries.  I looked on Amazon under LANTERN LIGHTS and there are a bunch of them. Goodbye, candles, forever!  LOL.
************************************
Subject: Wild Wild West 2017
From: Michael & Michele

Hello Dancers, we have some exciting Wild Wild West news to share with you all. Ever since the wonderful event in Reno we have been wondering what might be next. To keep with Amy Oyang's original idea of having the Wild Wild West in the Bay Area on Labor Day weekend, we have what we think is great news. The Wild Wild West will return Sept. 3 & 4 of 2017. Yes, one year away. Designed by Amy as a small intimate workshop, this return will be just that. The headliners are no other then Rachael McEnaney-White and Fred Whitehouse. Rachael and Fred are set to give us 2 days of professional instruction, wonderful demonstrations and to spend some quality time with the Bay Area dancers. The event will take place at the Newark Pavilion, on Thornton Avenue in Newark, CA. The dance hall has a terrific wood floor and stage. Because of the size we are able to have up to 200 dancers attend. This is twice the number of what we could accommodate in the Ballroom in Fremont. Our new website will be up soon with all the information, plus online registration and mail-in registration. So keep an eye out and register early. If you are on our mailing list from the WWW Reno or our Boogie Til The Cows Come Home event you will receive updates. Just email us to be added. Our goal is to sell out so we can make this a yearly event. Start planning now for the WWW 2017 and help spread the word. San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose are the area airports, with San Jose being the closest.
Note: WWW 2017 will be on a Sunday & Monday of Labor Day weekend. WWW 2018 will be on a Saturday & Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Take care everyone and see you on the dance floor sometime soon.

Michael & Michele

Boogie Til The Cows Come Home
March 18, 2017
www.michaelandmichele.com

Upcoming Events: 2016

Windy City, Oct. 6-9, Chicago, Il

Las Vegas Dance Explosion, Nov. 8-13
**************************************
SUBJECT:  Carole King’s First #1 Hit Song

FROM:      Ira Weisburd (dancew...@comcast.net )

Last Sunday, Diane and I were in New York City and saw the Broadway Show, “BEAUTIFUL, The Carole King Story”.  It was an amazing production.  We loved it so much, we would see it again!!  There is no other single female songwriter that even comes close to what she has achieved in her lifetime.  Carole King was named the most successful female songwriter of 1955–99 because she wrote or co-wrote 118 pop hits on the Billboard Hot 100.  Among her most famous songs were:  It’s Too Late, Up On The Roof, You’ve Got A Friend, I Feel The Earth Move, The Locomotion, Will You Love Me Tomorrow, Jazzman, So Far Away, (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman, Take Good Care Of My Baby, One Fine Day and Some Kind Of Wonderful.

Her very first HIT song is a song most Carole King fans are not as familiar with.  It was the first song she recorded and auditioned with back in 1962.  It was the first collaboration with lyricist and future husband, Gerry Goffin.  It is called:  “IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER”.  It was first recorded by Carole, but was given to teen heartthrob, Bobby Vee who recorded the song and it became a Hit overnight.  It’s a great song, a nice syncopated rhythm foxtrot.  The moment I heard this song, I knew that it would make a great line dance.  The music and the lyrics, like all of Carole’s songs, make you want to sing along and get up and dance.

I have just published a line dance to this song.

Here is the link to the demo / instructional video and step sheet:  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/it-might-as-well-rain-until-september-ID113138.aspx

Thank you for taking a look at this new dance.  It is an Improver / Low Intermediate Level Line Dance, but some High Beginner classes will certainly enjoy it.

32 Counts. 4 Walls.  NO TAGS !!  NO RESTARTS !!
**************************
SUBJECT: Brandon Zahorsky coming to the Inner Circle in NJ September 9th

Come join the Inner Circle as we welcome Brandon Zahorsky in Towaco, NJ, on Friday, September 9th!

It's sure to be a fun night as we learn Brandon & Bracken Ellis' Handclap.  There will be plenty of energy as we dance the night away at Good Shepherd Church, 9 Two Bridges Rd., Towaco, NJ. We start the night at 7:30 with some open dancing. Free snacks and coffee or bring your own.

Please join us!
The Inner Circle

**************************

Subject: Maggie G - Coventry

Hi all,

Looking forward to another fun Maggie G weekend in Coventry 25th-27th November 2016, this year with guest choreographer Roy Hadisubroto.

Take a peak at our event information...........
http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoiningInformation-MaggieGCoventry.doc

We have some places available at this great Royal Court Hotel venue if anyone would like to join us - If not this year early notice to catch just a few remaining places for next year 10th-12th November 2017 with guest choreographer Simon Ward.

Dave
*****Come & dance with us at Let's Party, Newcastle, 13th - 15th January 2017 - With Neville & Julie ..... 2 nights DB&B £129 - A New Year Bash to get your dancing year of with a big bang - A Boom in the Toon :-)

=== Events : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/EventFlyersBookingForms.html
=== VIP's : http://www.bigdavegastap.com/JoinVIP.htm
===www.bigdavegastap.com
07868-424587 (Pauline/Booking Line)
Dave Baycroft
48 Chatsworth Drive, Bedlington Station, Northumberland, NE22 5YS

****************************
Subject: West Coast Wednesdays/End of Month Social, Sept 7th
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

Since we missed our End of the Month Social due to the weather we will be having it Sept 7th!!!
Bayou Dance Club, 6541 102nd Ave North, Pinellas Park

This is going to be such a fun night!!! Come learn some basic footwork and body isolations that you will use to interact with
your partner in the game "Mirror Mirror on the Wall"!! Then we show you how to successfully lead and follow them as we apply
them to the basic wcs figures!!! PLUS it is our End of the Month Social with 2 full hours of dancing following the workshop!!!
Water, WINE, snacks and cookies included!!!
Invite all your friends!!!

Schedule
7-8pm- "Mirror Mirror on the Wall" Workshop
8-10pm- Social Dance

For the workshop, you just need to be comfortable with basic sugar push and passes!!

Cost
$10 for workshop and party
$5 for party only

Danielle Blouin
dbdance.net

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.