World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 2/25

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2015, 10:54:30 AM2/25/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday 2/25

NOTE FROM STACY:  Are  there any volunteers to help keep track of the playlist from Boston?  If so, please let me know.   I'll be posting the list after the event but it will only be complete with your help.  Thanks.
Stacy
stacy...@gmail.com
********************
SUBJECT:  SURVEY PAGES UPDATED

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/videos_survey.html

Dances with the little pink icon next to them are ones that graduated to the Survey Dances page.

*************************
DANCE REVIEW WORKSHOP AT THE ROUND UP TAMPA
FROM:
howardh...@earthlink.net

Instructor : Margaret Howard,,howardh...@earthlink.net

Lince dance review workshop February 28, 2015  10:00-2:00
Review popular dances being danced at the Round Up
Upper beginner to low intermediate dances.
Workshop conducted by Margaret Morrison-Howard
Cost $25.00

Margaret M. Howard
**************************
SUBJECT:     Scott Blevins 2nd Annual Line Dance Workshop and Dance Social

WHERE:        Deerfield Beach, FL

DATE:           Saturday 2/28/15

FROM:          Betsy Courant (egc...@aol.com)

We still have a few spots open for our Saturday workshop and evening social with international award-winning choreographer & dance instructor Scott Blevins.  If you’re interested in attending just shoot me an email (egc...@aol.com).  You can register & pay at the door (cash only please) but I will need you to contact me to confirm we still have availability and with your choice for lunch (choices are: chicken salad sliders, ham & cheddar on croissant OR turkey & swiss on Kaiser roll).  Information is below for the workshop:

WHEN:             Saturday 2/28/15 DANCE WORKSHOP from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (lunch included) AND

                        Saturday DANCE SOCIAL from 7 - 10 p.m. (registered dancers only)

WHERE:           Shall We Dance Studios (2nd floor), 600 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL

COST:              $55.00

Saturday workshop includes: lunch, stepsheet book, bottled water & snacks.  Since this is a private studio you are free to bring your own drinks and snacks as well.

Hope you can join us!!

Betsy
********************
SUBJECT:     Friday Night Dance Social with Scott Blevins

WHERE:        Deerfield Beach, FL

DATE:           Friday 2/27/15

FROM:          Betsy Courant (egc...@aol.com)

Come join us this Friday night from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. for our line dance social with special guest Scott Blevins at Shall We Dance Studios (2nd floor), 600 S. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL.  The cost is $10.00.   NOTE:  there will be no lessons, this is strictly open dancing.

***************************
Subject:  Big D Bash, Dallas
From:  Dianne McMahan, Heber Springs, Arkansas

I want to say how much our ladies from Heber Springs enjoyed the Big D
Bash this year.  I was especially excited to see so many beginner-ish
dances that have interesting steps but not so hard to do.  I teach
mostly  ladies that either can't or don't want to do the difficult
dances.  I am pleased to see that choreographers are incorporating
interesting steps into the beginner dances instead of just the
'same-old, same-old' steps.

With the help of the information afforded from the Newsletter, we were
able to see throughout the year what dances seemed to be the most
popular and worked on them,  therefore our ladies were able to dance
most of the time in open dance.  Thank you, Carol and Stacy for keeping
the surveys updated.  It sure helps know what is going on!

And a huge THANK YOU to Sondra and Barbara and all your many helpers for
putting together such a great weekend of fun.  Obviously much work goes
into such a project of that magnitude and you all did a great job.  We
will look forward to seeing you next year.

Dianne McMahan
Heber Springs, Arkansas

---
***************************
SUBJECT: NORTHWEST DANCE ERUPTION, JULY 2015

​FROM: Lisa McCammon

Is anybody who's planning to attend the event in Tacoma driving from there to (or passing through) Port Angeles afterward, and has room for a (paying) passenger? I'd like to get to the ferry as a walk-on to Vancouver, either the same day or, if we get there late, after an overnight stay in PA. Is the Red Lion Inn still operating?

Please email me at pal...@yahoo.com
* * * * *​
SUBJ:  Oldies But Goodies Workshop 2015

FROM:   Joan Gregoire

Hi,

First, I want to thank everyone who came to our line dance social Sunday afternoon.  We are always grateful when we run an event and see lots of happy people dancing and smiling on the dance floor.  From easy to intermediate the floor was always full and everyone enjoyed themselves.  Our next Line Dance Social will be March 22nd at the Englewood Elks, Indiana Avenue, Englewood, FL from 2:30 – 5:30 pm.  If you would like more info, just send me an email.  No outside food or beverages are allowed.  You can purchase water at the bar.

If you haven’t sent in your registration for our Oldies But Goodies Workshop 2015, you still have time.  This is a fun event and if you haven’t learned some of the older dances, this is your opportunity to learn.  Larry Bass will be joining us again this year and he is a great instructor and choreographer.  Nettie Manzo will also be instructing, who is also a good instructor.  The date is March 14th at the Englewood Elks in Englewood, Florida.  If you would like a flyer email me at this address and I’ll be happy to send you one.

Hope to see you at the Workshop,

Joan
**********************
SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

24 February 2015   www.atlantadanceweekly.com
PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS
***************************************
Subject: Twisted Sister revised from Guyton
From:
Guy...@funk-n-line.com

Hello everyone.
Wanted to let you know that I have made a few...... 2 changes in the dance. They are very simple the first is in the 3rd set of 8 and all it does is change the timing of the turn and the second is in the last set of 8 and adds 2 walks and a triple step into the beginning of the dance. I kept finding myself dancing it on the Cha Cha timing and wanted to go ahead and fix it. I am sorry to those who have already taught it and hope you can make the changes for me with your students. The revised step sheet can be found on my website www.funk-n-line.com.

Thank you
Guyton

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com