World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 2/21

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2015, 9:59:24 AM2/21/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Saturday 2/21

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY LATE TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

SUBJECT:  SPRING FEVER Line Dance Workshop Featuring Ira Weisburd on March 26, 2015 in Winter Park, Fl.at The First United Methodist Church, 125 N. Interlachen Avenue.

FROM:      Janina Brown, Orlando, FL. 407/658-9080, jan...@cfl.rr.com
                 Plse. visit the Facebook Event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/17777128124542833/?pnref=story

This event is hosted by the Winter Park Line Dancers. The reservations for Ira’s workshop are coming in from locations such as Jacksonville, Ruskin, Lakeland, Mount Dora, Sanford. and local cities. These line dancers are excited and anticipate a great time at his workshop. Don’t miss out on this event! The gym at the First United Methodist Church is 9,000 sq. ft. (75x120) with a great wooden floor so there is plenty of room to dance! The early registration date has now been extended to March 14th. You only pay $35 until March 14th. After that date, the cost is $40. Registration begins at 9:30. Donut holes and coffee will be provided in the morning. Dancing begins at 10:00. At lunch time, there will be open dancing. Our box lunches will be provided by Firehouse Subs. Ice tea, water and sodas will also be available. The Winter Park Line Dancers continue to work diligently to receive donations for our raffle which will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. Some of the donations for the raffle are from The Enzian Theater, Floral Arrangement from a local florist, hair salon, local restaurants and other surprises. We are going to have a lot of fun, and we
hope to see you there!
******************************
Subject: Dance to Remember 3, Saturday April 18, 2015 at the Brookline Event Center, Brookline NH from 10am to 5pm and then a dance from 7pm to 11pm.

From: Heather M. Davis

There are only 56 days until DTR3. Wear your favorite purple outfit and Come join us for the third annual Dance to Remember (DTR3) fund raiser for Alzheimer's Research, Education and Awareness! Attendance has to be capped at 125 dancers and the registrations have started to fly in so don't miss your spot, get in your registration form in now!

NEW this year, there will be a Friday Evening Dance (April 17)!!!
Workshop Saturday (April 18)
Saturday Evening Dance (April 18)

Confirmed Instructors:
Lawrence Preston Allen
Dancin' Dean
Steve Lescarbeau
Brandon Zahorsky
Dan Albro
Christopher Petre
DJ: Tina Tina Godin Foster

There is More information at: www.DeniseBrault.com
****************************

Subject: Nightclub Lessons and Social
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

THIS TUESDAY!!!!!
Bayou Dance Club, 6541 102nd Ave North, Pinellas Park

Come join us for a great night of nightclub lessons and open dance practice!!! Beginner, Novice and Intermediate classes are offered and will focus on all the aspects you need to know to be a great social dancer!!!

Your instructors.....

Danielle Blouin has been teaching and competing country dances since 1996 and is a 2-Time World Champion on the UCWDC circuit. She is most passionate about helping others expand their knowledge and enjoyment of dance. Her classes are fun and entertaining and filled with concepts on technique and connection to make your dance effortless!!

Jane Hance- Jane started dancing Two-Step and related social dances in 1995 in San Diego, CA. . She has trained with some of the best WCS and Country dancers in the world including Ronnie Debenedetta and Brandi Tobias! Her teaching focuses on building solid social dancing skills and having fun on the dance floor!

6:30pm- FREE Beg Nightclub Two Step
7-7:15- Open Dance Practice
7:15- Novice Nightclub Two Step
8:00-8:15- Open Dance Practice
8:15- Int Nightclub Two Step
9-9:30- Open Dance Party to include two step, wcs, nightclub, cha and waltz!!

Cost- $10 per class or $15 for both the novice and int

If you have taken Danielle's int classes before then you eligible for the int class at 8:15. If you are new to our classes but have some experience then start w/the novice class and the instructors will move you up when you are ready!!! Never done nightclub? Then come to our FREE beginner class at 6:30pm!

Classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month!!!
We will also be rotating in two step, cha, waltz and hustle in some months!!!

Danielle Blouin
dbdance.net
************************
Topic - NTA ACCREDITATION AT THE FORT WAYNE DANCE FOR ALL
From - Carol Schwartz

Just a reminder that many of the NTA Accreditation workshops will be offered at the Fort Wayne Dance For All.  Dance Fundamentals I and Dance Fundamentals III will be offered on Friday Morning.  Dance Fundamentals II and Dance Fundamentals IV will be offered on Saturday morning.  Testing will be available.  You do not need to be a member of NTA or an instructor to take these classes.  We would like all dancers to come to these classes and find out what valuable information we have to make dancing easier, more comfortable and more stylish.  Come in and see what we have to offer.
To learn more information about NTA and the Accreditation Program, go to our web site:  www.ntadance.com and click on Accreditation.
Besides our workshops there are workshops for every dancer, from the easy line dances of "linelessons.com" to the most advanced and every kind of partner dance you could imagine.  Also, it is just a big, fun workshop.  The show on Saturday night should be awesome.
Don't miss this workshop and come by and visit our NTA workshops to see what we have to offer.  We will have a meet and greet on Friday afternoon in the lobby with cookies and a gift for the first 50 who come by.  Come by and see us.=
**************************
Topic - NTA DANCE CAMP
From - Carol Schwartz
My group and I just got back from the best dance workshop.  The NTA DANCE CAMP is small, friendly and a whole lot of fun.  All of the instructors are awesome with a special thanks to Scott Blevins who, as always, was awesome.  There was something for everyone from easy Line Dances to advanced, Patterned Partner dances and Couples dances of every kind from Triple Two, Hustle, Salsa and Swing.  There were dances every night and a lot of fun with a "special" Swing Competition on Saturday night that included everyone there.  Karen Hedges, once again, did a very special job getting the workshop organized.
Of course, all of the NTA Accreditation workshops were offered and congratulations to the instructors who passed their tests.  We appreciate and respect these instructors who value good technique in their own dance and in their teaching.
If you missed this year don't miss this workshop next year at the same time in Kansas City, Mo.  Be sure and be there for a really great time.
For more information on NTA, visit our web site:  www.ntadance.com.

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com