World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 2/22 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 22, 2017, 9:34:12 AM2/22/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday 2/22 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

**************************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park.  LAST NIGHT

We had a good class last night.  Thanks for everyone's help, especially Vince and everyone else who helped.  I got a note from Dolly and she wasn't feeling well so she will teach Bring on the Good Times next week.  Feel better soon, Dolly.

Lynda did a really good job teaching Pink Champagne by Rachael.  We got to exercise our hips and learn this cute dance.  It's 64 counts but not that difficult so give it a look.  I has moved quickly up the survey.  We will be doing a teach/review of it next week so if you missed it last night, join us then.

It was nice to have a visitor from Canada (Trish) and have Barbara's sister come to the class.  She line dances, too!

WE DANCED:

Better when I’m Dancing

Lay Low

Gypsy Queen

Corazon Diamonte

So Just Dance Dance Dance

Extreme Love

Levels– 1 wall – Lynda

Running

Girl Crush

In Your Suitcase – Teach – Mary Ann

Ain't Misbehavin

Ticket to ride

Sun will Rise – teach – Joan

Sun Will Rise

Ex’s and ohs

Blue Ain’t Your Color

East To West 17 – teach – Ann

East To West 17

Take Me To The River

Oops Baby

Pink Champagne – teach – Lynda

Pink Champagne

Beautiful In My Eyes

Tango

Looking Like That – teach – Cheryl

Shady

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again

  If there are any new dances you would like to be taught or teach keep

letting us know. We will be changing the dance request list little by

little.

 We will be celebrating 3 Birthdays next Tuesday the 28th. Jai, Sue and

Carol's so another celebration to look forward too.  If I missed anyone for

Feb. let me know please!

Reviews:

In Your Suitcase By Raymond s & Neils P taught by MaryAnn

East To West by Alison J & Simon taught by Ann

Sun Will Rise by Roy V & Jef Champs taught by Joan

Looking Like That by Rachael taught by Cheryl

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com  7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com  8134179800

**********************************

RE:   Fun in the Sun (Orlando, FL) July 13-16, 2017

From:  JC Dance Productions Inc

Join us for some FUN IN THE SUN!!!

Just one pass will admit you to ALL weekend activities including workshops and Thursday, Friday & Saturday night dances.  Please register by June 17th to receive the discounted price.  Day and evening passes will be available onsite.

Instructors

Rachael McEnaney White (FL/UK)

Scott Blevins (IN)

Maddison Glover (Australia)

Rhoda Lai (Canada)

Will Craig (NC)

John Robinson (IN)

Jamie Marshall (TN)

Trevor Thornton (FL)

Bracken Ellis (CA)

Marilyn McNeal (FL)

Larry Bass (FL)

Sandy Albano (FL)

and more…

Accommodations

The Fun in the Sun will be held at the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside, Orlando, Florida.  The Marriott is proud to offer you a special room rate of $117 per night.  The room block is good for 3 days before and after the event.  It’s a great vacation spot with many attractions nearby!  To book your room and for directions, please call 407-851-9000 or 1-800-380-6751.  Be sure to mention the FUN IN THE SUN to get the special room rate.

*If you stay at the Marriott (within our room block) you will receive: FREE Self Parking*

Travel Arrangements

For those traveling from out of state, please book flights into Orlando International Airport (MCO).  The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

Saturday Dinner with the Instructors

The Marriott will be offering a delicious dinner buffet that is included in the PREMIUM PASS.  We will be drawing numbers to see which instructor will have the pleasure of dining with your table and you will also receive preferred seating for the show.

Thursday’s Kick Off Dance

Thursday night dance is included with your weekend pass or if you don’t have a weekend pass, you can purchase a Thursday night pass for just $10.

USLDCC Choreography Competition

This is a USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships) qualifying event. Please visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for the Championships scheduled for 2018.  Select your song, create your dance with some of your favorite steps, ask friends to join you and give it a try!  Winners take home some really great prizes!

Kids Classes

Again, we are excited to offer line dance classes for kids!  Since this is a great vacation spot and we have quite a few children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other younger ones, we have decided to offer a few beginner classes for 13 & under. There will be two classes on Friday, two classes on Saturday, and a pizza party on Saturday evening.

Check out the website for more information or to register online at:  http://www.jcdanceproductions.com/fun-in-the-sun/

Jennifer Cameron

JC Dance Productions, Inc.

www.JCDanceProductions.com

Line Dance Showdown (3/30 - 4/2/17)

Fun in the Sun (7/13 - 7/16/17)

Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (8/24 - 8/24/17)

Florida Line Dance Classic (11/30 - 12/3/17)

*********************************

Subject: Line Dance Celebration Workshop, Tampa, FL, Saturday March 25.

From: lizs...@tampbay.rr.com

We have closed pre-registrations for the “Line Dance Celebration” workshop at Northdale Recreation Center in Tampa to be held on Saturday, March 25.  We have now reached the maximum of pre-registrations - 250.

We know that there will be some people that registered and later find out they cannot go.  Since there is no money involved in pre-registering, we anticipate a fair amount of no-shows.  The recreation center will accept walk-ins (registering the morning of the workshop) to back fill for the no-shows as long as there is space available.   I think there will be plenty of space in the beginner/improver room, but not as much in the intermediate room.

Instructors will be Sheri Hurley, Lynda Licht, Marilyn McNeal and Gail Smith, DJs will be Vince Gregoire and Lynda Licht.   I will be teaching the warm up dance ‘CELEBRATION’, which I choreographed to our theme music ‘Celebration’ by Kool & the Gang.  Stepsheet is available in Copperknob http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/celebration-ID116334.aspx.

Upon signing in that morning, you may purchase a lunch ticket for $6.  Lunch will consist of John Erb’s “Meal Deal” (BBQ, baked beans, potato salad).

Doors will open at 9:00 for people that pre-registered.  We are asking everyone that pre-registered to be there by 9:15. At this time, I do not know what time the recreation center will start accepting on-site registrations (for those that did not pre-register.)   I will provide that information when I have it, but suspect it will be around 9:30.

Workshop will be 9:30am – 4:00pm.  At 9:30 we will have the welcoming session and warm up dance. The first class will start at 10:00am.  Northdale Recreation Center is located at 15550 Spring Drive in Tampa, Fl.  Here is the rec. center’s website -  http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/locations/northdale-park-and-recreation-center

The recreation center is composed of 3 buildings and a park.  When you turn into Pine Street you will see the small building on the right.  There is some parking there, but most of the parking and the 2 gyms are around the back.  The first gym you encounter is the small gym, where intermediate classes will be held.  The larger gym is called Bill Castens Gymnasium and that is where we will have the opening session, lunch and the beginner and improver classes.

If you have any questions or need additional information, don’t hesitate to contact me, Liz Smith, at lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Hope to see you there!

Liz

 **************************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON, February 24-26, 2017 (Danville, VA)

FROM: Bonnie Mathews, linedan...@nc.rr.com

Join us for the first of three 2017 intermediate/advanced level Dance-A-Thons in Danville, VA on February 24-26.  Event director Harold Logan invites you to join instructors Bonnie Mathews, Sue Ann Ehmann, Andi Earls and Brenna Stith for a fun-filled weekend.  We begin on Friday night from 7 to 11 with an all request dance party ($5) djed by the one-and-only Mary Kaye Johnson.  This will be held at the Pepsi Building.  The workshop begins on Saturday morning at The Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street (registration starts at 9:30) and runs from 10 to 5, with a break for lunch.  We dance that night at Ballou from 7 to 11 and return Sunday from 9:30 to 1:30 for more classes.  Cost for the weekend is $30 in advance or $35 at the door.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is The Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Tower Drive in Danville.  Phone:  434-793-2000.  They have given Harold a special rate of $75 per night, plus tax.  To preregister, call Cindy Jones at Ballou--434-799-5216.  Her email is:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please contact me at the above email address.

The summer workshop will be June 23-25 and the last one for the year will be September 8-10.  Dancin' Dean will be our guest instructor for both weekends.

On behalf of Harold, Cindy and all the other instructors, we hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you soon.

 *****************************

SUBJECT:  2nd DANCING-MY-WAY-TO-WELLNESS-LINE-DANCE-A-THON, WEST HAVEN CONNECTICUT 10/21/17

 On Saturday, October 21, 2017, from 2:30 pm – 11 pm, ‘Dancing-My-Way-to-Wellness-Line-Dance-A-Thon’ will be taking place at the West River Hall, 37 Orlando St, West Haven Connecticut 06516.  It is our mission to really highlight the many ways that line dancing is beneficial to our health and wellbeing.  It's $20/pp in advance and $25/pp at the door.  Stay as long or short as you like.  You can bring your own food/beverages; only light refreshments will be offered.  We do have tickets but they can be purchased through Eventbrite.com @ dancing my way to wellness line dance-a-thon. Hope to see you there!

To get a flyer or a vendor application, please write scher...@yahoo.com.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:19 AM, Scheri Walker <scher...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Good morning Carol!

If you can just put this in, that would be fabulous!  Thank you soooooooo much!

*:) happy

Scheri

SUBJECT:  DANCING-MY-WAY-TO-WELLNESS-LINE-DANCE-A-THON, HAMDEN CONNECTICUT 10/22

 On Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 3 pm – 10 pm, ‘Dancing-My-Way-to-Wellness-Line-Dance-A-Thon’ will be taking place at the Whitneyville Cultural Commons, 1253 Whitney Avenue, Hamden Connecticut 06514.  It is our mission to really highlight the many ways that line dancing is beneficial to our health and wellbeing.  It's $15/pp in advance and $20/pp at the door.  Stay as long or short as you like.  You can bring your own food/beverages; only light refreshments will be offered.  We do have tickets but they can be purchased through Eventbrite.com @ dancing my way to wellness line dance-a-thon. Hope to see you there!

To get a flyer or a vendor application, please write scher...@yahoo.com.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:40 PM, "TKA...@aol.com" <TKA...@aol.com> wrote:

I can't attach things to the newsletter but I will put this in tomorrow.   Please use the heading if you resend it.  Thanks.

SUBJECT:  DANCING-MY-WAY-TO-WELLNESS-LINE-DANCE-A-THON, HAMDEN CONNECTICUT 10/22

 On Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 3 pm – 10 pm, ‘Dancing-My-Way-to-Wellness-Line-Dance-A-Thon’ will be taking place at the Whitneyville Cultural Commons, 1253 Whitney Avenue, Hamden Connecticut 06514.  It is our mission to really highlight the many ways that line dancing is beneficial to our health and wellbeing.  It's $15/pp in advance and $20/pp at the door.  We do have tickets but they can be purchased through Eventbrite.com @ dancing my way to wellness line dance-a-thon. We also have a vendor application that I have attached.

To get a flyer, please write scher...@yahoo.com

Thank you and have a wonderful day!*&lt:-P party

Scheri Walker

********************************

Subject: Peach State Dance

When: March 16-19, 2017

Where: Crown Plaza Rivinia, GA

www.peachstatedance.com

Country, Swing, Line Dance and more

Peach State Country Dance Festival, the first big UCWDC event of the year,  is coming March 16-19, 2017

Have you ever wanted to compete in a line dance competition, but didn't want to invest in hats, boots and costumes?

Well, now you can!

Join us at Peach State Dance Festival at the Crown Plaza Ravinia, North side of Atlanta.

The UCWDC is offering a new line dance competition category, "Social Line Dance" and it will premier at Peach State.

Here are the divisions:

Junior

Open Adult (18+)

Silver (50+)

No Skill Levels

Free UCWDC Associate Membership for the first year.  You only need this membership if you plan to compete in the Country Dance Worlds Championship next January.

No costume rules

All dances vanilla only.  You can enter only one dance, two dances or all three.  All three are required to compete for the Overall Championship.

3 dances chosen by event director.

Dances for Peach State Dance Festival..

Chill Factor by Daniel Whitaker & Hayley Westhead

Tush Push by Jim Ferrazzano!

Just Dance Dance Dance by Jose Vane and Richard Guilliame

Step sheets found on copperknob.co.uk

WOW!!! How fun is that?

Get your registration and your hotel submitted today!

All the information at www.peachstatedance.com

Sent from my iPhone

**************************

Subject: NELOL 2017 - June 16-17, 2017

Hayloft Barn, Sturbridge, MA

13th Annual Northeast Ladies of Line (NELOL) to benefit The Arthritis Foundation, MA Chapter - Raising research $$ to help find a cure for the over 100 types of Arthritis and to help fund free educational programs re pain management, living with RA, PsA and OA and more.

…It is less than  4 months away; don’t hesitate, capacity is limited to 85 and registrations are coming in fast.  Albeit a small event  it’s GREAT fun; it boasts a GREAT line-up of  Northeast (USA) instructors (listed below) which will be bringing you some GREAT dances (friendly & Int levels)– and all for a GREAT CAUSE.

NELOL weekend starts on Friday June 16 at 4:30 pm and ends at Midnight on Saturday June 17.

Early bird weekend pass is ONLY $55 (before 3/31), $65 after and $75 at door.

A weekend Pass includes:

Friday: 4 workshops and evening dance - 4:30PM - 11:30PM

Saturday: morning Zumba – with Ginger and Forty, 8 workshops from 9:30AM to 5:30PM, Mid-day Pizza party, NELOL Booklet, A chance to win a door prize, coffee and goodies throughout the day and evening dance from 7:30 - til' Midnight.

We have some great raffle gifts including floral arrangements, gift baskets galore, event passes and so much more. 100% of raffle and 50-50 $$ donated to The Arthritis Foundation MA Chapter to help fund research and educational programs; also net proceeds (after expenses) from registration fees are donated to The Foundation.

Below: Our AWESOME Line-up for 2017(in alpha order);

Please contact any of  our Ladies for a registration form.

Jan Barrus NY – jandan...@aol.com

Ronda Bertrand-Robbins MA - rondadb...@hotmail.com

Lynne Flanders CT – lynne...@juno.com

Paula Frohn CT - jusg...@megahits.com

Lestyn Gilmore MA – les...@comcast.net

Shelley Glockner MA – shell...@yahoo.com

Dunja Hein NH - jusg...@meghahits.com

Jill Kaufman-Weiss CT – ji...@freespindance.com

Ginger Kozlowski (also our DJ) NH – aplj...@gmail.com

Lynne Martino NY – wis...@aol.com

Donna Shea MA - dshea....@gmail.com

And Forty Arroyo MA – forty....@gmail.com

Since 2005 to present -with the generosity of our Northeast Ladies of Line dance, our dancers, event directors, vendors, friends & family- the NELOL has  raised  nearly $50,000 .  Our 2017 goal is to match or exceed last year’s donations of $5,036.

Can’t join us but still want to show your support… just  click on the link below and make your tax deductible donation today -   every dollar helps….NO GIFT IS TOO SMALL.

http://www.walktocurearthritis.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1167955&lis=1&kntae1167955=6A3C7D5053AC4B80BD429BF6FD01002F&team=6915953&tlteam=6896249

Your support and generosity is always appreciated and heartfelt.

Hope to see some of you there...Blessings, Forty

--

It doesn't matter what or where you dance, just as long as you dance. Dance while you can.

Me? I'm dancin' til I drop - Forty

The Hayloft Barn, 232 Podunk Road, Sturbridge, MA

email forty....@gmail.com

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Dancing at Brookridge Community

We had a great fast moving Class today at Brookridge! We are an open

community, so we welcome any Int. dancers to come and enjoy another day,

to your week of dancing, added to your repertoire! ‘Love to have you any Tues.!

Brookridge Int. Line Dance Class, Tuesday, 2/21/17, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, @ $6

1.   A Country High / Norm Gifford

2.   Jesse James / Rachael McE-W  Oldie but goodie & NEW to some in this class!

3.   12 Steo Program For Love / Lisa McCammon

4.   The Queen / Lemaire & Richard

5.   Chasing Down A Good Time / Dan Albro

6.   Oops Baby / Cody & Rachael

7.   Recovering / G. Richard

8.   Handclap / Bracton & Zahorsky

9.  Take Me To The River / Verdonk & Dahlgren’

10. Drift Away / Rob Fowler

11. High on Loving You / Will Craig

12. Sweet Little Sixteen / Marie Sorenson

As you can see, Instructor Marilyn, mixes it up to save our brains from bursting!!

Any questions about this class, just e-mail me or call me at, (352) 397-6088.

~God Bless America~

***************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

21 February 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

DUNWOODY GA:

Subject:  PEACH STATE DANCE FESTIVAL

When:    MARCH 16-19, 2017

Where:   Crown Plaza Ravinia, Georgia

Weekend Pass ONLY $68 if purchased before March 8, 2017

www.peachstatedance.com

Thursday Night Party

COMING IN THURSDAY? If you are coming in Thursday evening, we have a PARTY planned for you at the Hotel!!!!! There will be two rooms going for your dancing pleasure, one for Country and Swing and a separate room for Line Dance. Your Thursday night pass is good for both rooms so you can go back and forth as you please. The dance is not included in your three-day pass but the cost is only $10.00 per person. The Peach State hotel rate of $109 applies to Thursday night as well. Workshops start at 10:00 Friday morning. Come in Thursday for the dance and enjoy a full day Friday.

FIRST EVENT?

 For those of you attending your first major Country Western Dance Event, you are in for a treat. This is much more than just a competition. There will be free beginning Two Step, Line Dance, Cha-Cha, Waltz, Night Club, Shag, Line Dance and Swing lessons available with your Event Pass. See your event program for times and instructors. If you need western wear, hats, dance boots, swing wear, dance shoes or jewelry, there will be plenty of vendors at the hotel. The Saturday night show is legendary and the entire Event is held at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Ravinia Hotel. Make your reservations now!

We are proud of our workshop schedule. We bring some of the top instructors in Country, Line and Swing to ensure a first-class weekend of workshops. Our instructors include: Mario Robau, Jo Thompson, Ronnie DeBenedetta, Amy Glass, Sue Boyd, John Robinson, Will Craig, Marc Davidson & Sylvie Raymond, Mike Spencer, Dean & Dawn Garrish, Rose Haven, Donna Caudill, Maryann Harvey, Lynae Jacobs, Antoinette Santoro, Sloane Hansen & Bernadette Carmichael, Mona Brandt, P. J. Turner & Tashina Beckmann, Beth Emerson, Leslie Thompson, Carmen Goodman, Chris & Emily Bailey, Shawn Swaithes, Donna Bonham Steinfeld, Sheryl Forrester, Sam & Lisa West, Theresa Reed, Gloria Casey, Kristin Ham, Pat Korn, Suzanne Mosley, Richard McMurrich, & more. We are offering over 68 hours of dance workshops of all levels throughout the weekend… There are both free and paid workshops throughout the weekend with the top professionals in both line, swing and couples. Workshops start at 10:00 am on Friday.

There will be at least 26 hours of LD workshops at Peach State this year. The names of the dances will be published closer to the event to offer you the latest dances. Make plans for a nonstop Line Dance party Friday night from 7:30 until? The Dunwoody Ballroom will be the Line Dance room for Friday night. The Maplewood room will become the Line Dance room on Saturday night until 1:30 AM. There is a LD room on Thursday night as well. There will be LD Workshops throughout the weekend starting on Friday. Line Dance competition in all divisions, except choreography, will be part of Peach State again this year. The competition will be in the Main Ballroom @ 9:00 AM Sunday and will be interleaved with couple’s competition. The rules and available dances in each Division will be posted at UCWDC.org. The UCWDC is offering SOCIAL LINE DANCE COMPETITION and the divisions are Juniors, Open Adult and Silver. Peach State will be offering them all. Go to the Peach State or UCWDC website for the rules. The three dances are as follows: Chill Factor, Tush Push and Just Dance Dance Dance.  Check out the website for the correct choreographers and you will find the step sheets on www.copperknob.co.uk.

We have many great Swing instructors again this year as you can see by our list of invited instructors. The Friday night Swing Room will be in the Maplewood Room and will be going strong until 3:00 AM. For Saturday night, the Swing Room moves to the 5,400 sq. ft. Dunwoody Ballroom. The Swing Jack & Jill will be at 11:30ish with Ronnie & Mario “officiating” the competition.

 COME AND DANCE WITH US! Thank you! Bill

Get your registration and your hotel submitted today!  All the information at www.peachstatedance.com

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven