World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday & FITS REPORT.

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2015, 10:03:43 AM8/1/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
Saturday  8/1  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT 6 PM EST.

***************************
FUN IN THE SUN 2015 REPORT
FROM:  CAROL CRAVEN

It always takes me a week or so to recover and catch up so here's the report on FITS.  It was great fun and the largest EVER this year because everyone comes, has a great time, and brings their friends next time.  The gorgeous pool is always a star at this event and people take advantage by coming early, staying late, and just relaxing by the pool during the entire weekend and in the evenings.  There are so many places closeby to eat and shop and the hotel shuttle bus drivers are very accommodating as is the staff at the hotel.  It is truly, not only a great line dance event, but a great event to just come and enjoy the venue and area.   It is only a short trip from the airport to the event and there is a free shuttle back and forth to the airport.  You are greeted, as always, by Jen and Jason and their friends/staff and it's like homecoming every year to see them at the registration desk and all over checking on things and making sure everything is running smoothly.  The dance floors, as always, are excellent since they are owned by Jen and Jason, so they make sure there is plenty of it and it is a pleasure to dance upon.   The DJs, Louis St. George, J.P. Potter, and Kelly Cavallaro, did a great job of trying to keep everyone happy and the floor full.  Thanks for all your hard work during the weekend.

We had a great group of instructors this year with an awesome schedule of dances offered.  In fact, it made it difficult to pick which classes to take but you will see in "reports from others" that they cover a lot of the dances.  THE HIT of the weekend (there aren't many weekends when there is a THE HIT) but the most talked about and the one everyone went home to teach is WITNESS by Fred Whitehouse and Darren Bailey.  What a beautiful dance in a style that we don't often do.  It will be around for awhile and I hope you get to learn it.  It certainly wan't the only good dance taught this weekend but it was the one that has gotten the most attention.   Some of the others that people said they liked were Riversoul, Mr. Put It Down, Can't Feel My Face, Do What You Do, Make It Rain, See You Again, The Avener, You're Not The Boss of Me, Bad Girls, Fall For You, Stonecold, First Kiss, Running and those were the ones that people sent me as their favorites.  I actually saw a bunch Iiked.  I hope you will send me some others that you liked but I can't possibly take every class and I really couldn't think year.

LINDY BOWERS SENT THIS LIST DANCES SO I'M SHARING IT.
I taught First Kiss (Randy), I Loved You More (Frank), ​ Text Me Texas (Rob F.) and a bit more intermediate...Lisa's Hot Feet. Frank taught Gleeful Waltz, Emergency, Can You 2 Step, Fun In The Sun, Happy In Love and Pass The Sausage.  Larry taught I Wonder and Lonely Tonight. Rachael taught Making Me Feel and Lean Way Back. Maddie taught Turn The Beat Up. John taught Easy Does It, Shake It Off, & Cecilia. Fred taught Saturday Nights, & Holler Back. Zac taught Big, Blonde and Beautiful, and Amy taught Ex's and Oh's. Bradley competed a beginner one called Gimmie Gimmie to Worth It by Fifth Harmony. Cute and EZ. I didn't teach it, but Fun For All is about as EZ as it gets and it goes to ANY music (we do it in my beginner classes to Line Dance Party and also Happy). (it's 8 counts of side touches, then 8 counts of grapevines - 1 with a 1/4 turn, then 8 counts of rocking chairs, then 8 counts of toe struts)!!!
Lindy lindysda...@gmail.com
www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com
*************************
Schedule of Dances Taught:
http://floridafuninsun.com/flyer/2014funinthesun.pdf

Instructors For the Weekend:
Sandy Albano (FL)
Larry Bass (FL)
Scott Blevins (IN)
Lindy Bowers (FL)
Will Craig (NC)
Zac Detweiller (FL)
Amy Glass (OR)
Maddy Glover (Austrailia)
Jamie Marshall (TN)
Rachael McEnaney (UK/FL)
Marilyn McNeal (FL)
Guyton Mundy (FL)
John Robinson (IN)
Frank Trace (OH)
Fred Whitehouse (Ireland)

NOTE:  Stacy tries to compile a complete list after every event and she posts them at the following links on the WLDN site.  She would like to thank the people who help compile this list, listed below, and I would like to thank her for doing it for the events she does attend and doesn't attend:

DIRECT link to MAIN ballroom playlist: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2015-fits-main.pdf
Karen Craiglow & Betsy Courant
DIRECT link to BEGINNER playlist: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2015-fits-beg.pd
Carol Paguette

USLDCC Choreography Competition
This competition is drawing to a close for its first year and how exciting it is!!  There are some really amazing new choreographers who have gotten recognition through this competition and I can't wait for the FINALS AT THE TAMPA BAY LINE DANCE CLASSIC this year.  The winner will be given a trip and a teaching spot at the WORLD DANCE MASTERS in England.  How exciting is that?  Are you getting your dances ready for next year if you haven't qualified in this year's event?  I think it is just so awesome that the events sponsoring this are offering this to new-and-aspiring choreographers:  Big Bang, The Marathon, The Boston Showdown, FITS, and Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic.  Plan your events next year so you can participate in the qualifying rounds.  The finals next year will be at The Big Bang, since the events rotate for the finals.  Visit www.USLDCC.com for complete rules and how to qualify for  the Championships scheduled for 2016.  You can even get your friends to dance with you so you don't have to do it all alone.  They don't win the trip and teaching spot, though, LOL, as well as some neat prizes given at each event along the way.

UCLDCC RESULTS FROM FUN IN THE SUN.  Congratulations to the winners and to every, single person who entered.  Check out the dances.
Newcomer / Novice
1st - Cody Flowers / Big Girl, You are Beautiful
2nd - Bradley Mather / Gimmie Gimmie
3rd - Brenna Stith / You Make My Heart Go
4th - Brenna Stith / The "C" Word
5th - John Huffman / A Little Trouble
Intermediate / Advanced
1st - Brenna Stith / Suffer
2nd - Cody Flowers / Opposites Attract
3rd - Trevor Thornton / Double D (Duck Dynasty)
4th - Candee Seger & Betsy Courant / Lay Back and Let It Ride
5th - John Huffman / I Don't Like It, I Love It
Phrased
1st - Cody Flowers / Time of My Life
2nd - Brandi Gross / Twist Emergency
3rd - Trevor Thornton / No Vacancy
4th - Brenna Stith / My Trashy Side
5th - Bradley Mather / All Hands On Deck

KIDS CLASSES:
I love that Jen and Jason offer kids' classes at this event since this is a great vacation spot and there are children and grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other younger  ones off for the summer vacation who came and took lessons from  Guyton Mundy, Rachael McEnaney-White, Fred Whitehouse, and Maddy Glover.  Now who wouldn't want your young person to learn some dances from that group?  They were in the show on Saturday night and it was just such a joy to see them doing such a great job in front of that big crowd.  Be sure and bring your young people next year.  They have a pizza party while the adult banquet is going on and they get to swim in the pool all weekend and enjoy the activities.  It's a great way to introduce them to line dancing so they can see what fun it can be.  Be sure and look at the pictures that Shane took.

To order the videos from the event, contact Kelly Cavallaro:  Go directly to my website www.se7enarrowfilms.com to order or they can contact Kelly at se7enar...@gmail.com.  I've seen some of the videos and Kelly is doing a great job.

If you would like to order photos from the event (or see the ones you are in because he is taking photos the entire weekend) go to Shane's website www.epicgearphotography.com to order. He has all the pictures he took right on the website.  He does a GREAT job so be sure and check out his photos.  You can do your group pictures or individual pictures and he is at most events.

For Information about next year's event  July 16-19, 2016, or any comments ot questions, please contact.
Jennifer Cameron, and she wants your comments so take a moment to let her know what you liked or what you would like improved next time.  If you don't let the directors know, they can't fix things or improve what you like.

JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 31 - April 3, 2016)
Fun in the Sun (July 16-19, 2015)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
email in...@FloridaFunInSun.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JEN AND JASON, for another year of FUN IN THE SUN!  I had a great time, as I always do, and I think more and more people are coming to dance with us in Florida!   SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER!!
********************************

HERE ARE A FEW EMAILS WITH FEEDBACK FROM THE EVENT.  There were many more on Facebook and Twitter but this is just a sampling of the notes I received.

RE: FUN IN THE SUN
FROM: JC Dance Productions, Inc.

Jason and I would like to thank all of our attendees, instructors, DJ's, volunteers, floor crew, registration staff, and friends that made the 11th annual FUN IN THE SUN such a success. This event would not be as successful without each and everyone of you. We know there are lots of options when it comes to events and we really appreciate you choosing to spend your weekend with us.

A special THANK YOU to the kids, Guyton & Will, Fred, Rachael & Maddison and Jamie for the AMAZING show.

This was Maddison Glover's first US event and I can guarantee that it won't be her last. She's a top-notch professional instructor with great talent. Be sure to keep your eye on her.

Thanks again and mark your calendars for next year... July 14-17, 2016.
Jennifer Cameron
JC Dance Productions, Inc.
Line Dance Showdown (March 31 - April 3, 2016)
Fun in the Sun (July 14-17, 2016)
Tampa Bay Line Dance Classic (November 5-8, 2015)
*********************
I just got back from my first FITS and had an incredible time!!! I loved seeing and dancing with everyone again!! I learned so many great dances and really enjoyed taking a class from Maddy Glover for the first time! Thank you to Jennifer Cameron for putting this event together and Jamie Marshall for mc-ing, you are way too funny!! And thanks to all the instructors and DJs for making this event so much fun! I'm so blessed and honored that I placed 2nd behind the amazing Cody Flowers in the USLDCC phrased category with Twist Emergency to Emergency by Icona Pop!!! I'll post the step sheets tomorrow. Thanks so much Lisa Utz for learning it on such short notice and dancing it with me!! Congratulations to all the other winners!!! There was so much excellent choreography by everyone in the competition!!! I'm looking forward to seeing so many people again in Virginia in 2 weeks and to everyone else, I'll see you in Tampa!!
Brandi Gross
****************************
Subject: Fun In The Sun (FUN!)
From: Frank Trace frank...@gmail.com
I’m spending a little relaxing time with some friends here in Florida after a fantastic dance weekend at Fun In The Sun in Orlando. Thank you to Jennifer & Jason Cameron for a well-organized event. Because most of us instructors were not involved in rehearsals for a Saturday night show, I was able to dance in both ballrooms and hobnob every night with the workshop attendees. Many commented that they really liked that the instructors were on the dance floor with them. That’s what it’s all about, mingling with the guests and having a good Line Dance Experience.
The dance floors in both the Main Ballroom and the Beginner/Improver Ballrooms where full from the very first note of music. A nice variety of dances where done. I was pleased to dance some of my dances such as; Love Me Or Leave Me, Love Letter Waltz, Moving Hips, Mamma Maria, The Majestic and Fun In The Sun.
There were many great new dances presented over the weekend. I was even able to attend some of the lessons and support my fellow instructors.
Here’s a list of the dances that I taught:
“Happy In Love” (Improver), “Gleefull Waltz” (B), “Emergency” (B), “Pass The Sausage” (B), “Can You 2 Step” (B) and “Fun In The Sun” (B). Also a big thank you goes out to Lindy Bowers for teaching my dance, “I Loved You More” (B). All the step sheets are available on my web site www.franktrace.com
Hope to see many of you in October at Windy City and November at the Tampa Bay Classic.
Frank Trace

NOTE FROM ME:  I forwarded more REPORTS FROM OTHERS to Stacy to add to the report when she puts it on the site.

*******************************
SUBJECT:  STACY ADDED THE REST OF THE NEW DANCES FOR JULY
http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/videos_new_dances.html

JULY 31
EZ Trouble/Mitzi Day & Judy Rodgers/High Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XToE0OoY0UU
Heartbeat EZ/Judy Rodgers/Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNA-zONmmmU
Leaving Left To Do/Marie Sorensen/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqgRRBrO24E
The Best Day/Marie Sorensen/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1CoOARrVI
Twenty Four Hour Waltz/Gerad Biggs/Beg

JULY 30
Emergency/Frank Trace/High Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lh_rukjoTk
Little Liza Jane/Niels Poulsen/No Level Given
New Classic/Andy Williams & Eddie Huffman/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZ-13andoY
Prettiest Woman/Maria Tao/No Level Given - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFK_6C8oQgg
You Never Know/Randy Pelletier/Beg - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-asTluDO4E4

JULY  28 & 29
Benci Tapi Rindo/Jaszmine Tan/Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wlFVXnLBKU
Dancing In the Summerwind/Judy Rodgers/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvohyIW4Xc
Don't Make Me Suffer/Jose Miguel Belloque Vane, Sebastiaan Holtland, Roy Verdonk - Demo: https://youtu.be/p4IIYnP20qg
Just Wanna Be With You/Judy Rodgers/Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTQ8F5qUTT0
Needing Stitches/Brandi Gross/Phrased Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSeuS2J8ucw
SpellBound/Judy Rodgers/Imp - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYzc0V2jlm8
The One/Judy Rodgers/Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDSi_RDO2Y
Twist Emergency/Brandi Gross/Int - Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmHCTna5dKY
*******************************
From:  Norma Brooksville nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Line Dance Lessons at Brookridge Clubhouse

We had two great classes Thurs. morning.  Anybody interested
in some easy, fun class instruction, do come join us! We
welcome any and all dancers and couples!  Also, our Social,
where we put all this learning to work (!) is Saturday,
August 8, 6:30 to 9:30 PM @ $5!  Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
(For GPS: 8150 Hampton St. Brooksville FL 34613)

Dances Taught 7/30/15 Brookridge

All review unless otherwise indicated

Beg Class 9-10:00 AM @ $3

1.  Gin & Tonic
2.  Honey Pie  NEW  (Maggie G)
3.  Amame Pequito
4.  Uptown Funky  (Jill Weiss)
5.  Give It To You  (Christa Thomas)

High Beg/ Improv Class 10:15-11:15 AM @ $3

1.  First 50 Waltz  NEW  (Tom Knight)
2. Going 2 Pot   NEW
3.  Goin’ Hamm
4.  Hildago Boogie  (Ira W)
5.  Tell The World  (Robbie Mc..)
6.  American Kids

Note:  Any questions, e-mail or call (352) 397-6088...Norma
********************************
Subject: High-Beg to Inter -Adv. Sunday Social August 2nd.

Our social is next  Sunday the 2nd of August and we have our dances to be taught and Instructors listed below in no particular order:
Marilyn Mc Neal teaching Riversoul by Rachael
Lindy Bowers teaching Foot Play by Daniel W.
Larry Bass teaching Coming Unplugged by Patrick Fleming
Todd Robishaw is teaching Kick The Dust Up

Please email me with a request list soon so we can plan a play list! Requests will be granted there too!
Water, Tea Coffee and soft drinks plus plenty of food and pizza during the afternoon.
Thanks for all the support we continue to get year after year!

              Time 12-5
             Studio Location:
             Bayou Dance Club
             6541 102nd Ave
             Pinellas Park, Fl         33782
             Charge:  $10

Snacks, water, tea, coffee and pizza will be served but please bring something to share if you would like
          Diane bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
          Carol tka...@aol.com
**************************

Subject: 2016 CRUISE

CRUISE WITH A SPLASH OF DANCE

Join Dance Instructors

Bob and Vivian Bonett and Roz and Nat Morgan

Come cruise and dance with us!

MSC Divina

7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Saturday, March 12 to Saturday March 19

Departing from Miami, Florida

Sailing to:  Charlotte Amalie, San Juan and Nassau

Staterooms                         Double Occupancy

Inside Room                        $615.00 - $650.00

Ocean View                         $825.00 - $885.00

Balcony                                 $925.00 – 950.00

***Special Perk:  $75.00 Onboard Credit per room

Prices are per person based on two in a room.  Please call for single rate or for price of 3 or 4 in a stateroom.

Prices include all Taxes and Port Charges.  (does not include gratuities)

Deposit of $250.00 per person due with reservation.

Please make all reservations through our travel agent as indicated below to be part of dance lessons and open dancing for our group.

Cabin Fever Cruise & Travel 855-787-2659

For More Information Contact:

Nat Morgan at cdexp...@comcast.net or call 443-414-3116

Bob Bonett at danci...@aol.com or call 954-530-6130
*************************
SUBJECT:  DANCE REVIEWS FROM KALVIN N THE UK
FROM:  From: kalvin...@yahoo.co.uk

Taught in July were : Broken Wings : Love is like : Written in Scars : Slam goes the door : The Bomp : Ticket to the blues : Find a cheer-Leader : Until the dawn : The old dance was Baby likes to rock it. : Partner dances taught were : (new) Mile shy of paradise (p) (old) Old flame & Blue grass waltz

My view are as follows : Broken Wings, big hit with our classes, not an easy teach but they like a challenge. 1 bridge 1 restart & 1 tag restart Hit for me :Love is like, music by Rod Stewart 2 walls 1 bridge easy teach It's OK :
Written In Scars I like this dance it's on the quick side but the steps are easy 2 tag restarts on the same wall Hit with the classes : Slam Goes The Door, again a dance with a restart and a bridge but quite an easy teach and the classes seam to like it so Hit :
The Bomp, an easy dance that seams to have taken off. It's an easy teach and a hit.
Ticket to the blues, nice sing a long track only had to teach 1 wall and they were ready to dance. Find A
Cheer Leader. Looked at the other dancers written to this track and they didn't do anything for me so wrote my own and this is it 4 walls improver ( won't push it out there ) Our classes were kind and said it was OK high praise indeed.
Old dance was Baby likes to rock it, I never get tired of doing this dance.
Until the Dawn,Taught to the beginners/ Improver's as a floor split to And get it on
1 new partner, Mile shy of paradise (P) this a match of the line dance 2 Old dances Blue Grass Waltz & Old Flame

Regards
Kalvin

NOTE FROM ME:  I like these kinds of reviews that not only mention the dance but gives feedback about how it was to teach and how the class responded to it.
***********************************
SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

July 29th

This week thought it was time for a recap week as a few said they were struggling with the last few dances we had taught. Everybody seemed very happy with this so obviously a good decision. First was last weeks teach Rachael’s “DO WHAT YOU DO” going down very well with the class, I see she has now introduced an easier version of the tag which I’m sure some will be happy about yet others will continue to have a laugh with the original tag. Other recently taught dances recapped were “RUNNING” (Will Craig), PARTY FREAKS & ALCOHOL (Kim Ray) & ROADS (Maggie G), all hits with our dancers. Also did quick walls of a few others by request which included “AND GET IT ON” (Daniel & Jose) and one from back in April that needed a recap Simon’s “VOICES THAT CARE”.

Playlist for the night was :- I Got It Easy, My First Love, All I Can Say, One Track Mind, Superheroes, Alcazar, Cardiology, Yes, Belongs To You, Samira, Fireball, Slam Goes The Door, Your Loving Arms, Up, The Bomp, Do What You Do (twice), Uptown Funk, Running (twice), Darling Hold My Hand, Party Freaks & Alcohol, Alvaro, Roads, And Get It On, Your Place Or Mine, Voices That Care, Love Me Like You Do, WTF (What The France), Best Year & Girl Crush.

Just  a reminder about our next Social at Shelf Village Hall, this month it’s not on the 3rd Saturday but the following week August 22nd (4th Saturday of the month)

Celia & Geoff

Best of Friends Line Dance Club

www.best-of-friends.co.uk

Questions or notes please send to TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.
The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine.  Please be tactful. I do not endorse or guarantee any offers.or anything exchanged for money.
PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by 6 pm EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.
HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:
Please TYPE in:
SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things.. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help.

ADD YOUR EVENTS WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/wtd/usa.html or choose your country's form.
If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you can mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to my paypal account at tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com