World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 8/18 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 18, 2017, 10:06:58 AM8/18/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Friday, 8/18

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON 6 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME!

SUBJECT: BREAKDOWN OF CAROL CRAVEN'S SURVEY

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.com,http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/survey.html

Here are the links of this week's Intermediate to Advanced dances sorted from’ this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of Beginner to Easy Intermediate dances.

Click on http://www.goo.gl/fcaaqi to view on PDF orhttp://www.goo.gl/NgjU4F to view on EXCEL SPREADSHEET to view the breakdown of the survey.

************************

SUBJECT:  NTA – A “Dancer’s Personal Trainer and Coach Program” Offered in GA

September 16 & 17, 2017

Submitted by:  Debra Cleckler – NTA Dance Committee and Zone Director  de...@clckler.com

Why do dancers need to know and use proper foot positions?

Why do dancers need proper dance frame?

Why do dancers need to float the arms?

Why do dancers need to swivel the weighted foot when doing toe-heel-cross movements?

Why do dancers need to point the toes with turn out from the hip when pointing or kicking?

Why do dancers need to use follow through?

Why do dancers need to use 3rd position footwork and body movement when doing forward or backward triple steps?

Where and why do dancers need to use CBM (Contra Body Movement)?

What foot positions should be used in forward or backward rock steps?

What does center and centering mean?

Why do dancers need to keep the feet under the body?

How do dancers achieve better balance?

If you know the answers to all of these questions that is wonderful!  But if not, you can further your dance education and learn the importance of these dance techniques in our NTA Dancers’ Education classes.  We will offer several levels of these wonderful training sessions in Villa Rica, GA on September 16 & 17.  If you are working on your accreditation and plan to attend this workshop, please RSVP me with your needs ASAP as I am now working on the schedule.

For more information contact Debra at email address above.  Or go to www.ntadance.com.

*********************************

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM RACHAEL MCENANEY-WHITE

Hello dance friends,

I have just uploaded the step sheet (en français aussi) for a new dance that I choreographed back in June (taught at my June workshop, though altered some steps since then ;-)) with co-choreographers Cody Flowers and Lisa Utz to my website:  http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Dances.html

Summer Sway is a 32 count, 4 wall, Improver Level line dance with 1 restart and 1 tag/restart.

A beautiful flowy country track by Danielle Bradbery who was on the Voice.

I hope you will take a look :-)

Happy Dancing

Love Rachael x

--

Rachael

Rachael McEnaney-White

Instructor/Choreographer/Performer/Judge/Coach.

5 time World Champion, 7 time Choreographer Of The Year,

9 time Instructor Of The Year, 5 time Personality Of The Year

Personal Website: www.dancewithrachael.com

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/RachaelMcEnaney/

Rachael White - Realtor®

rlw...@kw.com

Call/Text: 407-538-1533

www.floridahousetohome.com

*****************************

From:  Norma, Brookridge, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Beg. & High Beg/Improver Line Dance Lessons

Beg. Line Dance Lessons. Thurs., 8/17/17, 9-10 AM @ $3

1.  Bull Frog on a Log /

2.  Country As Can Be / Wilson

3.  Ces’t Le Vie Baby / T-Sysmanski

4.  10 Step Polka / Choreo Unknown

Hi-Beg/  Improver Dance Lessons, 8/17/17, 19:15-11:15 AM @ $3

1.  Fireball / Thiebeault

2.  Country Fair Stomp / Albro

3. 10 Step Polka / Choreo Unknown

4.  Rock & Roll Music / McE-White

Reminder:  Brookridge Clubhouse will be closed all of next week,

(week of August 20th) for Maintenance,

We will resume regular schedules the week of August 27th!\

We invite any Beg/ High Beg. Dancers that would enjoy another

day of instruction!!

Any questions about our Line Dance Program here, e-mail or

call me at (352) 397-6088.............Norma

      ~dance til you drop~  * GOD BLESS AMERICA*

 **************************************

 SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE TEACHING IN THE UK

Another great night at Victoria Hall this week. Decided to go for an easy one this week, a good old style country line dance to a great old style country track. It seemed a lot of the local instructors had been on the same wavelength as most of the class had already done it. “LONELY DRUM” choreographed by Darren Mitchell is a 32 count, 2 wall Improver level dance that had everyone on the floor and is riding high in all the dance charts. Recapped last week’s dance “AGAINST ALL ODDS” (Simon Ward) a few more up for it this week, a fabulous dance that fits like a glove with the music. Also recapped the other from last week which was “WANDERING HEARTS” (Maggie G & Gary O), all the class loving this one plus recaps of quite a few others when needed.

Playlist was :-  Darling Hold My Hand, I Came To Love You, Your Loving Arms, Dear Friend, Italiano, Grandmaster Sexy, Wow Tokyo, Scared Of The Dark, Tango With Me Darling, Dy Na Mite, Gypsy Queen, Beautiful In My Eyes, Tongue Tied Up, Lady In Red, Lonely Drum (twice), Loves Just A Feeling, Against All Odds (twice), Strip That Down, Wandering Hearts, Everyday’s A Holiday, Slowly Gently Softly, Skin, I’m Stuck, Love On The Weekend, We’re In Heaven & Refund To My Heart.

If you are looking for somewhere to dance this weekend we have our monthly Social at Shelf  Village Hall, Halifax Road, Shelf, Nr Halifax HX37NT on Saturday 19th August. Non stop dancing to your requests from 8.00 pm – 11.00 pm, admission includes home made buffet supper, no bar BYO, everybody welcome.

************************************

SUBJECT:  CHECK OUT DITTY DAVE'S RADIO BROADCAST WITH LOTS OF MUSIC AND INFORMATION RELATED TO LINE DANCING.

https://www.mixcloud.com/david-morgan11/move-radio-carry-on-up-the-line-with-dj-diddy-dave-16-08-17/

*******************************

SUBJECT:  UPCOMING WORKSHOP IN TEXAS

Gail Eaton will be at the Onion Creek Senior Center holding a workshop on Saturday, October 7th from 10-4. Registration is 25.00 through August 31, the fee will then go to 35.00. We would like to show Gail a big Texas welcome. So come join us.

***********************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON (DANVILLE, VA) WITH DANCIN' DEAN-SEPTEMBER 29 - OCTOBER 1, 2017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Event director Harold Logan invites you to join him for the fall Southside Virginia Dance-a-thon.  The level for this event is intermediate and above.  Dancin' Dean will be joining regular instructors Bonnie Mathews and Sue Ann Ehmann.  As always, our dj is the incomparable Mary Kaye Johnson. We promise you a relaxed, fun-filled two days and nights of new teaches, open dancing and socializing with friends.  Come join us for the  "Biggest Little Event" ever!!  We even take requests for dances to be taught!!

The weekend begins with a Friday night "meet & greet" dance from 7 to 11 ($5) which will be held at The Pepsi Building, 661 Craghead Street, Danville.   If you need directions to The Pepsi Building, please email Cindy Jones with Danville Parks & Rec at jon...@danvilleva.gov

The Friday night dance is all request--and I mean ALL REQUEST!!  You ask for it, Mary Kaye plays it.   Saturday and Sunday are at the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street in Danville.  Saturday begins with sign-in and registration at 9:30 with some dancing as well.  Classes start at 10 and end at 5, with an hour or so lunch break and open dancing in between teaches--again, all request.  Lots of restaurants in walking distance or bring your lunch.  If requested, Mary Kaye will put a playlist on during lunch so you can decide whether you want to dance or eat or do both!!   We break for dinner and come back at 7:00 for 4 more hours of open dancing and review (if that is  requested).  Sunday we come back from 9:30 to 1:30 with the most difficult, anything goes dances reserved for that morning.

The cost of the weekend is just $40 in advance or $45 at the door on Saturday morning.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites on Tower Drive (434-793-2000).  Mention the Southside Virginia Dance-a-Thon for their special rate of $75 + tax per night--includes a great breakfast with lots of selections.   To find out about preregistration, please call/email Cindy Jones with the Center--434-799-5216 or jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please email me.

--------------------------------------

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA ALL-BEGINNER LINE DANCE WORKSHOP, Danville, VA--October 282017

FROM:  Bonnie Mathews (linedan...@nc.rr.com)

Come join instructors Sue Ann Ehmann & Bonnie Mathews and our dj, Mary Kaye Johnson, for a fun-filled day of learning new beginner dancers.  Our annual fall workshop is geared towards dancers who are already familiar with line dance steps and terminology.   We teach dances ranging from ultra beginner to high beginner levels and generally have one improver level dance for you as well.  If you are a beginner dancer or an instructor, we hope you will come spend your day with us.

Location is the Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541.  Registration is from 9:30 to 10:00.  Workshop is from 10 to 4 with a break for lunch.  Cost for the day is $20 in advance or $25 at the door.  The step book is included, but only guaranteed with preregistrations.  To do so, please contact Cindy Jones at Ballou.  Phone:  434-799-5216.   Email: jon...@danvilleva.gov.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven