World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 2/28 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 28, 2017, 9:36:29 AM2/28/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Tuesday 2/28.  Happy Fat Tuesday.   PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

*****************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park.  Feb 28th TONIGHT!

             We have one new dance for Tuesday by Dolly  and since it is our

last Tuesday of the month it will be a review night! Please, Please, Please

beside the ones listed for reviews tell me what you would like to go

over...We have a long list of reviews and all reviews are put on the list in

order. Do not be afraid to ask for anything!!!!   I would like your feedback by Tuesday...Thank You!

     We will be celebrating three Birthdays  Tuesday, Jai, Sue and Carol's so

another celebration to look forward too.  If I missed anyone for Feb. let me

know please! I will be getting the cake.

    Thank you all for all your support and making our Tuesday night feel

like family getting together and having fun! We really have a great time,

relaxed, being silly and doing whatever we want to do! We are so blessed to

have such great friends,  many for too many years to count!

Teaches:

Bring On The Good Times by Gary O. & Maggie G. taught by Dolly

!st Time reviews

Pink Champagne by Rachael taught by Lynda

2nd Time Reviews:

In Your Suitcase By Raymond s & Neils P taught by MaryAnn

East To West by Alison J & Simon taught by Ann

3rd Time Review:

Sun Will Rise by Roy V & Jef Champs taught by Joan

Reviews:

Looking Like That by Rachael taught by Cheryl

Say It Again by Kate Sala taught by Sheri

Tell Your Heart To Beat Again by Jo Kinser, Michael Barr, & Jonas Dalgren

by Sheri

Tango With Me Darling by Rob F. & Daniel W. taught by Carol

Shady by Darren B, Amy G & Fred W  taught by Lynda

Frankie Fever by Maddison Glover taught by Ann

Italiano by Rachael, Neils & Shane taught by Sheri

Oops Baby by Rachael & Cody F taught by Lynda

Blessed by Jackie Miranda taught by Carol

Heaven on Earth by Simon & Malene J.  taught bt Sheri

C T Shuffle by Fred & Darren taught by Cheryl

Amame

Blue Ain't Your Color by Jose M. & Roy V. taught by Valerie

Crash  by Fred W taught by Sheri

Hideway Cha by Jamie M, Jo S & Joanne B taught by Diane

Now Or Never by Kathy H. taught by Diane

Cry To Me by Paul McAdams taught by Joan

Rock and Roll Music by Rachael taught by Li

Corazon Diamante by Roy V., Maggie G., & Gary O'Relly taught by Lynda

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com  7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com  8134179800

**********************

SUBJECT: CONTACT FOR W.D.I.

FROM: Lisa McCammon

Will Florida instructor Carol Larocque please contact me at danci...@gmail.com regarding participation in the W.D.I. monthly survey. Thanks, Lisa

* * * * *

SUBJECT:  THE BARN-ANZA 8 - Sanford, Fl. 8/19/17

FROM:  Lindy and Janis (lindysda...@gmail.com) and (danc...@Hotmail.com)

WOW.....This will be #8 already!!!   This year THE BARN-ANZA will be on Sat., August 19th and John Robinson and Trevor Thornton will be leading the fun.

If you missed out last year because you didn't get signed up in time, NOW is the time to get your registrations in.  Attached is a registration form and last year we were sold out before the price break deadline!!!!......just sayin'..............🤔

Hope to see you on a dance floor soon and often!!!

LET'S DANCE

Lindy

lindysda...@gmail.com

www.lindysdancelines.jimdo.com

407-721-5106

Janis

danc...@hotmail.com

www.stepnoutlinedancing.com

407-330-7420

*******************************

Subject: Line Dance Celebration Workshop, Tampa, FL, Saturday March 25.

From: lizs...@tampbay.rr.com

We closed pre-registrations for the “Line Dance Celebration” workshop at Northdale Recreation Center in Tampa to be held on Saturday, March 25.  However, we will accept walk-ins as space allows.  There is plenty of space in the beginner/improver room.  We expect there will also be some space in the intermediate room, but the space will be more limited. We recently added 2 ‘easy intermediate’ classes in the morning and one instructor to help free up some space in the intermediate room.   The intermediate room will be for the ‘solid’ intermediate dances.

Instructors will be Joan Gregoire (new), Sheri Hurley, Lynda Licht, Marilyn McNeal and Gail Smith, DJs will be Vince Gregoire and Lynda Licht.   I will be teaching the warm up dance ‘CELEBRATION’, which I choreographed to our theme music ‘Celebration’ by Kool & the Gang.  Stepsheet is available in Copperknob http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/celebration-ID116334.aspx.

Upon signing in that morning, you may purchase a lunch ticket for $6.  We will pre-order lunches based on how many people pre-registered.  Walk-ins may purchase lunches as long as supply lasts.  Lunch will consist of John Erb’s “Meal Deal” (BBQ, baked beans, potato salad).

Please make sure to sign in upon arrival; you will be given a wrist band to verify that you registered and signed in.  Doors will open at 9:00 for people that pre-registered.  We are asking everyone that pre-registered to be there by 9:15 so we can start allowing walk-ins shortly after that.

Workshop will be 9:30am – 4:00pm.  At 9:30 we will have the welcoming session, introduction of instructors, review of class schedule and warm up dance. The first class will start at 10:00am.   Door prizes will be given out during the lunch hour.

Northdale Recreation Center is located at 15550 Spring Drive in Tampa, Fl.  Here is the rec. center’s website -  http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/locations/northdale-park-and-recreation-center

The recreation center is composed of 3 buildings and a park.  When you turn into Pine Street you will see the park and small building on the right.  There is some parking there, but most of the parking and the 2 gyms are around the back.  The larger gym is called Bill Castens Gymnasium and that is where we will have the opening session, lunch and some of the classes.

If you have any questions or need additional information, don’t hesitate to contact me, Liz Smith, at lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Hope to see you there to help us celebrate our Florida line dance community!

Liz

****************************

Subject: Dance to Remember 5, Saturday April 22, 2017 at the Brookline Event         Center, Brookline NH from 10am to 5pm and then a dance from 7pm to 11pm.

From: Heather M. Davis

There are only 52 days till DTR5! Are you coming?

Come join us for the fifth annual Dance to Remember (DTR5) fund raiser for Alzheimer's Research, Education and Awareness! Attendance has a capacity of a 125 dancers so get in your registration form now!

Again this year, there will be a dance on Friday Evening, April 21st from 7-11pm

$10 for the Friday night dance

$7 lunch

$35 for the workshop (before April 1, $40 at the door)

$10 for the Saturday night dance

Confirmed Instructors:

Dan Albro

Lawrence Preston Allen

Denise Brault

Dunja Hein

Steve Lescarbeau

Last year we raised just over $4000, lets beat that this year!!!

There is More information at: www.DeniseBrault.com

*********************************

SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for February 27, 2017

FROM: rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.

The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)

------------------------

Most Known

------------------------

1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

4. "Cruisin'" by Hale

5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall

6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb

7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

8. "Dizzy" by Thompson

9. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

10. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...

------------------------

Favorite

------------------------

1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Dizzy" by Thompson

5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall

6. "Rio" by Lowery

7. "Caught In The Act" by Wood

8. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde

9. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown

10. "Toes" by McEnaney

------------------------

Most Taught

------------------------

1. "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Verdonk & Vane

2. "Rock And Roll Music" by McEnaney-White

3. "Take Me To The River" by Verdonk & Dahlgren

4. "Not So Tough" by Scott

5. "Fun For All" by Ehmann

6. "Under The Sun" by Hsu & Chang

7. "Fools And Beer" by Brown

8. "Cumbia Amigo" by Guix

9. "Move" by Scott

10. "Get Lit" by Scott

11. "Frankie Fever" by Glover

12. "Cowboy Cumbia" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

------------------------

Most Danced

------------------------

1. "So Just Dance Dance Dance!" by Guillaume & Vane

2. "Empty Pockets" by Burton & Barr

3. "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Verdonk & Vane

4. "Mamma Maria" by Trace

5. "Frankie Fever" by Glover

6. "If I Wuz U" by Fitzgerald & Harris

7. "South Side Shake" by Willis

8. "The Locomotion" by Thompson & Thompson

9. "Easy Love" by Lopez

10. "Hurry Love" by Trace

11. "Get Lit" by Scott

12. "Move" by Scott

13. "Midnight Walk" by Trace

14. "Moving Hips" by Trace

15. "Not So Tough" by Scott

16. "Mr. Santa / Mr. Sandman" by Szymanski & Trace

17. "Emergency" by Trace

18. "Pom Poms" by Trepat & Whitehouse & ...

19. "Little Rumba" by Laurin

20. "Fun For All" by Ehmann

***************************************

SUBJECT:  VIDEO OF THE WEEK (COUPLES)

What happens when your daughter decides to revive her parents' routine decades after they competed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GDTO_Wz8Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x173D-VS4xU

--

Vivian

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven