World Line Dance Newsletter 11/15 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!!

TKA...@aol.com

Nov 15, 2016, 9:32:04 AM11/15/16
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com
TUESDAY 11/15.  Just a little warning in case you haven't gotten them before, there is an email going around looking for a "private" teacher for someone's son.  You can tell by the way it's written it is from outside the country.  It is a scam so just delete it.  They surface every once in awhile for either classes for an individual or a group.
********************************
SUBJECT:  CRYSTAL BOOT AWARDS TIME TO VOTE!!

Please click on the link above and take a moment to vote.  If you aren't familiar with a category, just skip it, but there are many people nominated that you DO KNOW and it means a lot for them to be nominated and to win so PLEASE take a moment to go vote.  Thanks.

***********************************
SUBJECT: 11/13//2016 Survey Sorted by Intermediate and Beginner Dances
FROM: Adrienne Jenkins |
adrienne...@gmail.com

Here's the link of this week's intermediate & advanced dances sorted from this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of beginner/easy intermediate dances and more.

https://goo.gl/8DeV9V

********************************
SUBJECT:  TUESDAY CLASS AT BAYOU DANCE CLUB TONIGHT!
Looking forward to seeing everyone TONIGHT.  Valerie will be teaching one we have been wanting to learn for quite some time, SPIDERWEB by Brenna Stith.  We will also be celebrating Mary Mooers birthday tonight!!

Here are some dances we are either doing and reviewing or have done recently:

ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC, Rachael McEnaney

Corazon Diamante by Roy V., Maggie G., & Gary O'Reilly taught by Valerie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/corazon-diamante-diamond-heart-ID110864.aspx

Woman Up by Rachael & Amy C. taught by Lynda
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/woman-up-ID112171.aspx

MAYBE TOMORROW, NIELS POULSEN & MALINE JAKOBSEN
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/maybe-tomorrow-ID112611.aspx

The Wild Life by Scott Blevins taught by Melanie
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-wild-life-ID112944.aspx

Shake That  by Madison Glover taught by Cheryl...is that the name
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/shake-that-ID112379.aspx

Larry Bass from Jacksonville teaching Gotta Do It Right by Larry Bass
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gotta-do-right-ID113609.aspx

HIGH ON LOVING YOU, Will Craig (taught by Lynda)
http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/high-on-loving-you-ID111198.aspx

Handclap, Bracken Ellis and Brandon Zahorsky, http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/handclap-ID111428.aspx

Looking forward to learning some of the new dances coming out and we'll be lining those up this week.

Our Class is a non profit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are
all just there to dance!
Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year
after year!
Open dance 6:30
Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:
The Bayou Dance Club
6541 102nd Av.
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com
Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

********************************
SUBJECT:  JESSIE CHAN'S VIDEOS FROM VEGAS 2016 ON YOUTUBE

*******************************
Re:  CELEBRATE DANCE! in Toronto, Canada, June 22-25 2017
From:  Vivienne Scott

Hi everyone:

CD! was a huge success this past June, dancers danced their socks off from the Thursday evening til the Sunday afternoon and the instructors had as much fun as the dancers!  Visitors took advantage of our new rapid transit line which took them to the heart of our beautiful city in just 20 minutes, and also took the opportunity to visit one of the wonders of the world Niagara Falls.

Judy and Tina have a terrific line-up of instructors for you in 2017 so we very much hope you will join us then. All the details plus registration form are on www.celebratedance.ca

Also on the website you will find video interviews with our 2016 Staff so you don't need to take just my word for our good time, hear what Fred Whitehouse, Jose Miguel, Guyton and others have to say.

This is a premier event in a lovely hotel, close to the airport but also to all that Toronto has to offer particularly at that time of the year, June is a glorious month to be here.   Combined with internationally renowned instructors who love to have fun with the dancers, this is an event you won't want to miss!

Hope to see you next June!

Happy Dancin!

Vivienne
*******************************
SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for November 14, 2016
FROM:
rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.
The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)
------------------------
Most Known
------------------------
1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson
2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano
3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...
4. "Cruisin'" by Hale
5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall
6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb
7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker
8. "Dizzy" by Thompson
9. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington
10. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...
------------------------
Favorite
------------------------
1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker
2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington
3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson
4. "Dizzy" by Thompson
5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall
6. "Rio" by Lowery
7. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde
8. "Caught In The Act" by Wood
9. "Toes" by McEnaney
10. "Don't Feel Like Dancing" by Stott
11. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown
------------------------
Most Taught
------------------------
1. "Ah Si!" by Masur
2. "Cruisin'" by Hale
3. "So Just Dance Dance Dance!" by Guillaume & Vane
4. "If I Wuz U" by Fitzgerald & Harris
5. "Gypsy Queen" by Pace
6. "Take Me To The River" by Verdonk & Dahlgren
7. "Stroll Along Cha Cha" by Cowboys
8. "Elvira" by Hollon & Clayton
9. "Toes" by McEnaney
10. "Old Bones" by Oates
11. "K Step Boogie" by Burton & Szymanski
12. "Mamma Maria" by Trace
13. "D.H.S.S. (Delicious, Hot, Strong & Sweet)" by Teather
------------------------
Most Danced
------------------------
1. "So Just Dance Dance Dance!" by Guillaume & Vane
2. "Ex's And Oh's" by Glass
3. "Gypsy Queen" by Pace
4. "Better When I'm Dancin'" by Wetzel
5. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson
6. "Emergency" by Trace
7. "Lay Low" by Bailey
8. "The Bomp" by Ray
9. "Dancing In The Street" by Trace
10. "Rock And Roll Music" by McEnaney-White
*********************************
SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM RACHAEL MCENANEY

I have just released a new dance to my website, it is a high intermediate dance co choreographed with Shane McKeever from Ireland and Niels Poulsen from Denmark.

We choreographed it when we were in Turkey together last month and there is youtube video link with the 3 of us dancing it.

A REALLY fun 64 count, 2 wall dance with just one restart, I have taught it recently at my workshop in Florida, Legends in Line in UK and NYSOL in USA.

I'm currently in New York, having a day off with some friends as well as nursing a terrible cold which finally got the better of me but I'll be fine in a couple of days ;-)  I will do my best to try to get through some emails/messages next week so my apologies if you are still waiting.

--
Rachael

Rachael McEnaney
www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
+1 407-538-1533
*****************************

Subject: Wild Wild Westie Shindig, Sat Nov 26th
From:
tampafl...@gmail.com

Howdy Wild Westies!!! You are on the most wanted list to come dance the night away at Floorplay's first annual Wild Wild Westie Shindig!!!
So put on your best duds, saddle up and get ready to kick up your heels til the cows come home!

Bayou will be all decked out Wild West style including a themed backdrop for some awesome photos and we will be chowing down
on barbeque with all the fixin's!!!

**Music will be just like a normal Tampa Floorplay plus some wcs w/a country feel and some two step, nightclub and waltz mixed in!
**Wild West Saloon or Country Western attire encouraged but not required

Special Int WCS Line Dance Class w/Danielle
Not your average boot scoutin' boogie! In this class you will learn popular styling tools (footwork and body isolations)
in the form of a line dance that you can incorporate into your wcs patterns!

New to WCS? We will also have a beginner/novice class with Tommy and the lovely and talented Renee Lipman

Sat Nov 26th
Bayou Dance Club, 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Park
7:45pm-8:30- Beg/Nov WCS w/Tommy and Renee
7:45pm- 8:30- Int WCS Line Dance Class w/Danielle
8:30-1am- Wild Wild Westie Shindig

$10 includes lesson, dance, water, soda, barbecue, snacks and desserts!!!
www.facebook.com/events/323207714721812/

Danielle
dbdance.net

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would ever like to make a contribution (but it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal account under tka...@aol.com.