World Line Dance Newsletter Friday 2/13

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 13, 2015, 10:25:49 AM2/13/15
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Friday 2/13  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

*********************
From: Norma in Brooksville FL

nerb...@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Monthly Social

Our next Social is this Saturday, February 14, 2015, at

the
Brookridge Community Clubhouse, @ $5 per, from
6:30 to 9:30 PM. (Doors open at 5:30! Music starts at

6:00)

Bring own snacks & choice of beverage. We welcome
any dancer who loves to dance!!  We have a huge

floor,
soft lighting, and a great DJ, who will even play

requests
as time allows!!

Wear comfortable apparel and ‘slidy’ shoes.
(NO open back sandals, please)
We also have foot tubes available, to put over street

shoes,
if needed.

We love couples and have plenty of room for both
singles and partner dancing! We are located off Rt. 50,
about 1/2 mi West of the Sun Coast Pkwy and about 5

mi East
of Rt 19. Actual address  for GPS is: 8150 Hampton St.
Brooksville FL 34613.

Need more info?  e-mail or call Norma at (352) 397-

6088.

~dance ‘til you drop~
 ***************************

Subject: Sharing the dance floor
From:
daisyra...@gmail.com

I would like to start a discussion on how different

dance halls handle sharing the floor with line dancers

and free style dancers. How do you keep everybody

happy without favoring one group over the other.  And

without posting a lot of rules.

Line dancers say no drinks on the dance floor, for

safety reasons, and free style dancers take their

drinks onto the floor, especially the women because

of safety reasons.  Line dancers are more trusting?

I know not all bars have this problem but I would like

to know how they would handle it.  I know line

dancers want the whole floor and so do the swing

dancers and then there are the dancers that just like

to jump around, more power to them.

Just would like to hear some ideas.

Daisy Masminster

daisyracedance@gmail.
**************************
Subject: Dance to Remember 3, Saturday April 18, 2015 at the Brookline Event Center, Brookline NH from 10am to 5pm and then a dance from 7pm to 11pm.

From: Heather M. Davis

There are only 63 days until DTR3. Where your favorite purple outfit and Come join us for the third annual Dance to Remember (DTR3) fund raiser for Alzheimer's Research, Education and Awareness! Attendance has a capacity of a 125 dancers so get in your registration form now!

NEW this year, there will be a Friday Evening Dance (April 17)!!!
Workshop Saturday (April 18)
Saturday Evening Dance (April 18)

Confirmed Instructors:
Lawrence Preston Allen
Dancin' Dean
Steve Lescarbeau
Brandon Zahorsky
Dan Albro
Christopher Petre
DJ: Tina Tina Godin Foster

There is More information at: www.DeniseBrault.com
************************
Subject: New DVD and thank you!
From:
dancewit...@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that my latest DVD Volume 8 is now available for purchase.  A full teach of each dance along with a demo to music to include any tags or restarts so you can practice along, dvd is over 2 hours long.
Dances include: Cheesecake, Go Go Go Go, How Will I Know, McMotion, The Other Side and Washed In The Water.  Email me if you are interested, more details on my website http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/DVDS_%26_TSHIRTS.html

While I have the opportunity (and for those that missed my post on Facebook), thank you so much to each and every one of you who nominated all the other instructors, choreographers and personalities for the Crystal Boot awards and a special thank you to all of you for voted for me.  It is always a surprise (a wonderful one) to find out you have won an award at this prestigious event and for the first time in many years I was unable to be there to collect them.  I love this dance life so very much and so grateful to everyone and everything who has been a part of it.
I received Choreographer of the year & New York 2 LA won advanced dance of the year and I also received an Outstanding Achievement award for winning Female Personality of the year 5 times (meaning I can't be nominated again for this category).  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.....I could keep going but I'm sure you'd get bored ;-)

Happy dancing everyone, see you on the floor soon (I hope) xoxo

Rachael
--
Rachael

Rachael McEnaney
www.dancewithrachael.com
dancewit...@gmail.com
*************************
SUBJ:  Oldies But Goodies Workshop 2015

FROM:  Joan Gregoire

           vjl...@gmail.com

It looks like we will have a great turnout for this workshop, however, I have extended the cut-off date for the Oldies But Goodies Workshop 2015 until March 1st,

so you still have time to send in your reservation.  I will have an exciting announcement at the workshop, so send in your reservation so you can listen to the

announcement.  If you would like me to send you a flyer,  please email me at vjl...@gmail.com.

Hope to see you there.
*************************
SUBJECT:  DISCUSSION ABOUT EASY DANCES

Subject: Easy Dance Names
Me:
billw...@me.com

Some of the contributions to this discussion seem to

be going off track.
The original wasn’t saying there should not be

beginner dances - that is obviously a requirement for

newcomers to our activity.
They were just objecting to certain words in naming

them.
I teach a beginners class and I would think that most

of them would be ‘slightly’ offended by the ‘baby’ word

but not necessarily by ‘easy’ or ‘lite’.  I know I would

have when I started. I guess it’s a matter of degree.
Bill.=
**********************
Subject: Mike Osborn: Baby Dance
From:
sible...@yahoo.com

 As a student simple of line dancing I recently heard

the term, “Baby Dance” and I wanted to understand

what it meant. It was a totally foreign concept for me.

I would be classified as a beginner/intermediate

according to my line dance instructor, but I admit that

I’ve had to go back to the beginning to brush myself

up on some of the basics and fundamentals, which

isn’t a bad thing. I think the term, “Baby Dance” is

either outdated or isn’t a term that is appropriate. I

have seen new dancers keep pace with the more

advanced, while the later have given up and walked

off the dance floor. The term, “Baby Dance” I don’t

think would be any different than putting a label on

someone of being, “mentally retarded” when the term

“intellectually-disabled” would be more appropriate

and even that could be wrong because I have seen

people that could be considered “intellectually-

disabled” and they have danced a lot better than I

ever could. You aren’t offering someone a bottle.

You're offering to teach someone how to dance. The

term "baby" might make someone feel inferior. How

would someone feel if they were called a cry baby? I

don't think referring to a dance as a "baby dance" is

appropriate. I think professional dancers and

choreographers should stick to the terms beginner,

novice, or ultra-beginner.

ANY QUESTIONS OR POSTS ALSO SHOULD BE SENT TO TKA...@AOL.COM. It will come just to me and not the entire group.

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late afternoons on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

HOW TO POST THINGS IN THE NEWSLETTER:

Please TYPE in:

SUBJECT: (This is NOT just the subject line of an e-mail but should be in the body of the e-mail)
FROM: (include e-mail contact, city/state/country (if outside U.S.) and website, if any.

Write a short note about your subject. A first name and an e-mail address must accompany your post so if I need to contact you or anyone else needs to contact you, they will be able to. I cannot attach things and I cannot post things that are in all kinds of fonts. Please TYPE what you would like me to add and put a link to your site or a note about how to contact you for a brochure or registration form. Thanks for your help. Send to tka...@aol.com.

If you would like to contribute for the newsletter/web site you mail it to me at 1414 Bentley St., Clearwater, FL.  33755 or send to paypal account tka...@aol.com, but IT IS NOT REQUIRED!!  www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com
Carol Craven
tka...@aol.com