World Line Dance Newsletter Monday 8/21

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 21, 2017, 9:28:29 AM8/21/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

MONDAY 8/21

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT: 2017 & 2018 World Event Calendar updated

FROM: Stacy J Garcia,

stacy...@gmail.com,

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event_calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL:

CHOOSE ONE: (Add, Remove, Change)

DATE OF EVENT: (Month, Day, Year)

NAME OF EVENT:

LOCATION OF EVENT: (Country, Province, State, City)

WEBSITE (no facebook link allowed. sorry): http://

CONTACT: Email OR Phone

TYPE OF EVENT: (LD, SW, CW, PP, SOUL)

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: (UCWDC, ACWDA, USLDCC)

********************************

Where to Dance pages NOW updated!!

stacy...@gmail.com

Where To Dance in Colorado, Connecticut, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and South Carolina has been updated!

http://worldlinedancenewsletter.com/site_map.html

Form for Dance Where (Where To Dance) can be found here:

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html

**************************

SUBJECT:  BEGINNER CLASS IN LARGO

FROM:   anns...@yahoo.com

Hope you can join us at the HIGHLAND RECREATION CENTER IN LARGO.  Teaches this week:

Highland Recreation Complex
400 Highland Avenue
Largo, Florida    33770

Time and Days:

Monday and Wednesday      10:30 - 12.00

Lonely Drum and

1159

10:30 - 12

Thank you.

Anne Splain

************************************

SUBJECT: Dances Being taught/reviewed at Northdale Rec Center, Tampa, FL

FROM: lizs...@tampabay.rr.com

Below are some of the dances we have been doing at Northdale Recreation Center in Tampa, Fl. (15550 Spring Pine Drive). Class fee is $2.

We dance in a large gym with a nice floor, and have plenty of space.  Everyone is welcome to join us.

We will be hosting our annual CELEBRATION Workshop on Saturday, February 17.  Mark your calendars.  Details and registration information will be provided at a later date.

MONDAY - BEGINNER 1 - 10:30am-11:30am

CELEBRATION  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/celebration-ID116334.aspx

OKEY DOKEY  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/okey-dokey-ID119677.aspx

LONELY DRUM EZ http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/lonely-drum-ez-ID119785.aspx

K IS FOR KICKS http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/k-is-for-kicks-ID118820.aspx

HAVE A GOOD TIME http://dancewithrachael.com/Dance_with_Rachael_McEnaney/Dances_files/Have%20A%20Good%20Time_1.pdf

MONDAY - BEGINNER 2 - 11:30am-12:30pm

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-most-beautiful-girl-ID119356.aspx

EZ TANGO WITH ME DARLING http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/ez-tango-with-me-darling-ID116155.aspx

FUNK IT OUT! http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/funk-it-out-ID118583.aspx

A COMPLETE CHANGE! http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/a-complete-change-ID118908.aspx

1159  http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/1159-ID117646.aspx

BORED http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/bored-ID115108.aspx

CHAMPAGNE PROMISE  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54i2I9RiGUk

THURSDAY – IMPROVER 10:30am-12:30pm

DANCIN' FEET- http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/dancin-feet-ID58715.aspx

YEAH! - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/yeah-ID116040.aspx

LONELY DRUM – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/lonely-drum-ID119005.aspx

WHATCHUGOT http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/whatchugot-ID117524.aspx

SIMPLE THINGS – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/simple-things-ID113773.aspx

GYPSY QUEEN -http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-queen-ID111199.aspx

MISSING - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/missing-ID115350.aspx

EAST TO WEST  17 - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/east-to-west-17-ID115821.aspx

FRIDAY - INTERMEDIATE 10:30am-1:30pm

STRIP THAT DOWN - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/strip-that-down-ID118708.aspx

SUMMERTHING – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/summerthing-ID118734.aspx

TICK TICK BOOM – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/tick-tick-boom-ID118289.aspx

SOMEBODY WANTS YOU – http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/somebody-wants-you-ID118988.aspx

KISSING STRANGERS - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/kissing-strangers-ID118040.aspx

TIME TO SURRENDER - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/time-to-surrender-ID118953.aspx

TAKING CARE OF YOU - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/taking-care-of-you-ID118228.aspx

SLOWLY, GENTLY, SLOWLY - http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/slowly-gently-softly-sgs-ID118447.aspx

…and many more

Liz

***********************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas TOMORROW

Aug. 22nd & no class Aug. 29th

     Don't forget we will not be having class next Tuesday (August 29th)!!  We have one new dance this week and will be reviewing whatever is needed  also.

      Please give me a list of dances you would like to keep doing or start

practicing for in our class and Vegas.

     Thank you all for all your support and making our Tuesday night feel

like family getting together and having fun! We really have a great time,

relaxed, being silly and doing whatever we want to do! We are so blessed to

have such great friends, many for too many years to count!

Teach:

Time To Surrender By Rachael & Simon taught by Valerie

1st Time Reviews:

Give Me The Beat by Will Craig taught by Jai

MADI-GRAS MAMBO by Chris Hodgson taught by Marilyn

2nd Time Review:

Sommerthing by Rhoda Lai taught by Cheryl

3rd Time Review

Woo Woo by Rachael taught by Lynda

Brother by John R & Melissa C. taught by Valerie

Lonely Drum by Darren Mitchell by Joan

Taking Care Of You by Ria Vos taught by Liz

VIDEOS OF RECENT DANCES:

TIME TO SURRENDER, Simon Ward and Rachael McEnaney-White

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/search.aspx?Search=time+to+surrender&SearchType=Title&Beat=-1&Level=Any&Wall=-1&Lang=Any

GIVE ME THE BEAT, WILL CRAIG

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/give-me-the-beat-ID119116.aspx

SUMMERTHING, RHODA LAI

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/summerthing-ID118734.aspx

Woo Woo, Rachael McEnaney-White

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/woo-woo-ID119406.aspx

JULY

7:00 Taking Care of You

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/taking-care-of-you-ID118228.aspx

8:00 The Ghost of you

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-ghost-of-you-ID117031.aspx

Clap Snap – teach – Lynda

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/clap-snap-ID118154.aspx

Brother

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/brother-ID116836.aspx

LONELY DRUM by Darren Mitchell

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/lonely-drum-ID119005.aspx

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com

*********************************

SUBJECT:  COPPERKNOB.CO.UK MOST POPULAR IN THE LAST 7 DAYS.

1

(3853 Views)

Sombrero Cha  Dwight Meessen – August 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: "Sombrero" by Scotty James (single) 104 bpm

2

(3761 Views)

No Sun on Sunday!  Niels Poulsen (DK): August 2017

    32 Count    2 Wall    High Intermediate NC   Music: Sun on Sunday by James Blunt. Track length: 3.18. Buy on iTunes, etc.

3

(3573 Views)

Your Song  Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris (June 2017)

    64 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate   Music: Your Song - Rita Ora (iTunes)

4

(3029 Views)

Safe in These Arms  Dee Musk (UK) Fred Whitehouse (IRL). August 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate NC2S   Music: 'Run To You' - Lea Michele. Album: Places

5

(2588 Views)

Plus 1  Niels Poulsen (DK): August 2017

    64 Count    2 Wall    Intermediate / Advanced   Music: '+1', by Martin Solveig feat Sam White. Track length: 3.13. Buy on iTunes, etc.

6

(2294 Views)

Lonely Drum  Darren Mitchell - June 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: Lonely Drum - Aaron Goodvin (iTunes)

7

(2259 Views)

Wandering Hearts  Gary O'Reilly & Maggie Gallagher (July 2017)

    32 Count    2 Wall    High Improver   Music: Wish I Could by The Wandering Hearts (Amazon)

8

(2172 Views)

Times Up  Karl-Harry Winson and Tina Argyle (UK) August 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Improver   Music: "If You're Gonna Straighten Up (Brother now's the time)" by Travis Tritt. Album: "Strong

9

(1998 Views)

Part Time Love  Raymond Sarlemijn – August 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Newcomer   Music: Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder

10

(1955 Views)

No Stress  Shane McKeever (Ireland) July 2017

    32 Count    4 Wall    Intermediate   Music: "Mama" Jonas Blue, William Singe Approx 3.04 min

***********************************

Dancing with Danielle

Tampa Floorplay

Saturday, August 26th

Over 100 dancers, 2 rooms with floating floors, plenty of parking, 2 restrooms and an awesome variety of music!!

Guest Instructor- Jake Haning, Champion dancer from Atlanta

7:30pm- Doors open/Open dancing

7:45pm- Beg/Novice WCS w/Tommy and Renee

7:45pm- Int WCS w/Jake Haning

8:30-1am- WCS Party

$12 includes lesson, water, soda, snacks, fruit, homemade desserts, PIZZA, late night ice cream treats and door prizes!

Host and Dj- Danielle Blouin

Jake Haning Intensives

Sat, Aug 26th 4 to 6pm

Technique and Connection

Sat, Aug 27th Noon-2pm

Partnering Skills

Cost

$40 for both

$25 for one

Also this week...Westie Wednesday

August 23

6:30pm- FREE Beg

7-7:30pm- Novice $5

7:30-7:45pm- Open Dancing

7:45-8:30pm- Intermediate $10

8:30-10pm- Social Party

Upcoming Saturday Dances

Sept 9th- Floorplay WCS and Country

Sept 23rd- Tampa Floorplay w/Stephan White and Sonya

Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Park

*******************************

SUBJECT:  WHAT GEOFF & CELIA ARE DOING AT THIE SOCIAL IN THE UK

What a brilliant night at Shelf for our monthly Social last night. Excellent turn out, great atmosphere and lots and lots of requests, as usual far too many to play in our 3 hour slot. Despite Celia’s mobility problems she once again produced a supper second to none. A big thank you to everyone who comes along and supports us. As usual we finished the night off playing the most requested dance again which was “Slowly Gently Softly” (2nd month on the trot Gary )

No automatic alt text available.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven