World Line Dance Newsletter Tuesday 2/21 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2017, 10:10:25 AM2/21/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

TUESDAY 2/21  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

SUBJECT: 02/19//2017 Survey Sorted by Intermediate and Beginner Dances

FROM: Adrienne Jenkins | adrienne...@gmail.com

Here's the link of this week's intermediate & advanced dances sorted from this week's World Line Dance Survey along with the extended list of beginner/easy intermediate dances and more.

https://goo.gl/8DeV9V

*****************************

RE:  USLDCC (United States Line Dance Choreography Championships)

FROM:  USLDCC

The first event of the new season of the USLDCC will start at the Line Dance Showdown in Quincy, Massachusetts on March 30 - April 2, 2017 and the FINALS will be at the Line Dance Showdown 2018.

The USLDCC consists of SIX events:

The USLDCC is open to any amateur choreographer. Amateur, as defined by the USLDCC, is an individual who has never received any form of compensation (i.e. monies, accommodations, or travel fees) for teaching their own original choreography or co-choreography. This does not include “volunteering” as an

instructor at workshops/events or teaching in the individual private class.

Previous USLDCC overall Champions are excluded from further competitions.

Competition entry must be original choreography created during the twelve (12) months prior to competition.

DIVISIONS

USLDCC offers a total of three (3) divisions:

* Newcomer/Novice (Beginner/Improver)

* Intermediate/Advanced

* Phrased

A competitor may enter up to TWO entries per division at any qualifying event.

Qualifying for the 2018 Championships held at the 2018 Line Dance Showdown:

  • All choreographers must compete at two (2) USLDCC competitions;
  • AND must place 1st or 2nd place in any division at any participating event to qualify for the “Championships.”
  • Each 1st or 2nd place finish will earn you ONE dance entry into the “Championships” for each placement. Example - If you competed in Newcomer/Novice four times and place 1st twice and 2nd twice, then you can enter FOUR dances in the “Championship.” There will “potentially” be 12 dance entries in each division in the “Championship.”

The USLDCC is a great platform for your choreography to be seen and has opened many doors for our previous competitors!

Please visit the website for more information at www.USLDCC.com

Jennifer Cameron

JC Dance Productions, Inc.

www.JCDanceProductions.com

Line Dance Showdown (3/30 - 4/2/17)

Fun in the Sun (7/13 - 7/16/17)

Hotlanta Line Dance Jam (8/24 - 8/24/17)

Florida Line Dance Classic (11/30 - 12/3/17)

SUBJECT:  Dancin' with Marilyn, Ocala, FL

FROM:  Marilyn McNeal, BoarsN...@aol.com

Ray's back from the West Africa CWE Mission Trip, finishing the construction a church and a school in that area. The medical and dental teams are there now helping people with health issues we've never even heard of in our country. Thank God we live in the USA! I'm back from the 10 days back and forth to Tampa, so it's back to our typical crazy life here in Ocala!

We have to refinish and reseal the Barn dance floor again. It danced beautifully, until humid weather rolled in the last dance classes. Not acceptable, and really unbelievable. Can't figure out what happened, only that somehow the sealer did not cure properly. The weather forecast in Ocala is rain for tomorrow and rather than take a chance on another humid night of sticky dancing, the scheduled Thursday Intermediate/Advanced dance class is CANCELLED for this Thursday. We have a dance floor expert coming tonight to set out our options for a quick turnaround. I'm sorry, but will have another class in 2 weeks (or less).

**************************************

Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas

Park.  Feb 21st  TONIGHT!

    We had another great class last week and were very excited to have our

dance friends William Belejack  and Robert  Delong visiting us from

Connecticut. See you both in Boston and Thanks for coming.

  If there are any new dances you would like to be taught or teach keep

letting us know. We will be changing the dance request list little by

little.

     We will be celebrating 3 Birthdays next Tuesday the 28th. Jai, Sue and

Carol's so another celebration to look forward too.  If I missed anyone for

Feb. let me know please!

    Thank you all for all your support and making our Tuesday night feel

like family getting together and having fun! We really have a great time,

relaxed, being silly and doing whatever we want to do! We are so blessed to

have such great friends,  many for too many years to count!

Teaches:

Bring On The Good Times by taught by Dolly

Pink Champagne by Rachael taught by Lynda

1st Time Reviews:

In Your Suitcase By Raymond s & Neils P taught by MaryAnn

East To West by Alison J & Simon taught by Ann

2nd Time Review:

Sun Will Rise by Roy V & Jef Champs taught by Joan

3rd Time Reviews

Looking Like That by Rachael taught by Cheryl

Say It Again by Kate Sala taught by Sheri

Reviews:

Tell Your Heart To Beat Again by Jo Kinser, Michael Barr, & Jonas Dalgren

by Sheri

Tango With Me Darling by Rob F. & Daniel W. taught by Carol

Shady by Darren B, Amy G & Fred W  taught by Lynda

Frankie Fever by Maddison Glover taught by Ann

Italiano by Rachael, Neils & Shane taught by Sheri

Oops Baby by Rachael & Cody F taught by Lynda

Blessed by Jackie Miranda taught by Carol

Heaven on Earth by Simon & Malene J.  taught bt Sheri

C T Shuffle by Fred & Darren taught by Cheryl

Amame

Blue Ain't Your Color by Jose M. & Roy V. taught by Valerie

Crash  by Fred W taught by Sheri

Hideway Cha by Jamie M, Jo S & Joanne B taught by Diane

Our Class is a nonprofit class where anyone that wants to teach but we are

all just there to dance!

Thanks for all you support we continue to get class after class and year

after year!

Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00 until 10:00

Studio Location:

The Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Av.

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole bpo...@tampabay.rr.com  7274398819

Carol Craven tka...@aol.com  8134179800

**********************************

SUBJECT: Intermediate Line dance class – Tampa, Florida.  Wednesdays at 7pm to 8:55pm

FROM: Lynda Licht (lyndali...@gmail.com) Facebook page:  Line Dance with Lynda

Wednesday from 7pm-8:55pm ROY HAYNES Hillsborough County Rec Center - 1902 S Village Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (813) 903-3480 (just 3 lights west off Fletcher Ave exit on I-275, turn left onto Rome). Cost $ 4.

For Wednesday 2/22/17 - REVIEW WEEK!!

1st Review:  Pink Champagne (McEnaney-White)

2nd review:  Chunky (C Pillar)

3rd review:  Sun Will Rise (Verdonk, Camps) & Never Goin' Outta Style (Robinson)

Recent dances taught and others: Will You Call Me, Falling, Get Ugly, Oops Baby, Woman UP, Heartbeat, Til the Diggy Dawn, Shady, Main Attraction, Looking Like That.  I try to arrive by 6:45 to get in a few warm-ups/requests before official class start time.

Please join us!   Coming next week:  The Anthem (Blevins)

*************************************

SUBJECT:   TIME TO DANCE SOCIAL

WHEN:  FEBRUARY 24th.

FROM:  PAM HALL

             pam...@earthlink.net

WHERE:  CITRUS BUILDERS ASSOCIATION BUILDING

                1196 S. LECANTO HWY 491 34461

FROM: 6 TO 9 PM...COST $6.00

Come and join me on the dance floor this coming Friday.  We have  beginner/improver/intermediate dances with many split floors.  PINK CHAMPAGNE, SAY IT AGAIN, SHADY, WELL DO YA! SOUNDS OF SILENCE, LOVE REMAINS, BREAK ON ME, IF I WUZ U, BLACK BETTY’S WORLDWIDE, CHASE THAT DOLLAR, KEEP IT GROOVIN’, TEXT ME TEXAS, GENTLY DOES IT, BROKEN STONES, GIRLS LIKE, BLUE AIN’T YOUR COLOR, TAKE THE MONEY, LITTLE RUMBA CHA, TANGO WITH ME DARLING/JO ‘N JO TANGO.  What more can a dancer want.  Bring your own refreshments, and a sweater as the building is cool for the dancers.  If you need a copy of the playlist just email me and ask for one.

See you Friday February 24th.

**************************************

SUBJECT: Kickit Top 10 Lists for February 20, 2017

FROM: rpro...@aol.com

All Kickit visitors who register (it's free!!) are invited to participate in ongoing surveys.

The Top 10 results for each survey are shown here. (Due to ties, lists may show more than 10 dances.)

------------------------

Most Known

------------------------

1. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

2. "Tush Push" by Engel & Ferrazzano

3. "Electric Slide" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

4. "Cruisin'" by Hale

5. "Wave On Wave" by Birchall

6. "Watermelon Crawl" by Lipscomb

7. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

8. "Dizzy" by Thompson

9. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

10. "Waltz Across Texas" by Nielson & Nielson & ...

------------------------

Favorite

------------------------

1. "Chill Factor" by Westhead & Whittaker

2. "Bosa Nova" by Dennington

3. "Come Dance With Me" by Thompson

4. "Dizzy" by Thompson

5. "Bomshel Stomp" by Hedges & Marshall

6. "Rio" by Lowery

7. "Caught In The Act" by Wood

8. "Zjozzys Funk" by Van de Velde

9. "Heart Of An Angel" by Brown

10. "Toes" by McEnaney

------------------------

Most Taught

------------------------

1. "Take Me To The River" by Verdonk & Dahlgren

2. "Rock And Roll Music" by McEnaney-White

3. "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Verdonk & Vane

4. "Fools And Beer" by Brown

5. "Fun For All" by Ehmann

6. "Hide Your Crazy (Mama)" by Parker & Hewko

7. "Get Lit" by Scott

8. "So Just Dance Dance Dance!" by Guillaume & Vane

9. "Move" by Scott

10. "Frankie Fever" by Glover

11. "Not So Tough" by Scott

12. "Under The Sun" by Hsu & Chang

13. "Cowboy Cumbia" by Unknown & Unknown & ...

14. "Zatchu" by Webb & Blaskowski

15. "Cumbia Amigo" by Guix

------------------------

Most Danced

------------------------

1. "So Just Dance Dance Dance!" by Guillaume & Vane

2. "Blue Ain't Your Color" by Verdonk & Vane

3. "Blue Note" by Smith

4. "Pom Poms" by Trepat & Whitehouse & ...

5. "If I Wuz U" by Fitzgerald & Harris

6. "Strip It Down" by McEnaney-White

7. "South Side Shake" by Willis

8. "Midnight Walk" by Trace

9. "Empty Pockets" by Burton & Barr

10. "Mamma Maria" by Trace

11. "Get Lit" by Scott

12. "Move" by Scott

13. "Ain't Misbehavin'" by Szymanski & Glass & ...

14. "Not So Tough" by Scott

15. "Frankie Fever" by Glover

16. "Hurry Love" by Trace

West Coast Wednesdays Feb 22nd

End of Month Social

Come join us for a fun night of WCS for ALL levels! This week is our

End of the Month Social so more time for social dancing!

6:30pm- FREE Beg Practice

7-8pm-  Move of the Night   8-10pm WCS Party

We are so excited to have Champion Level WCS dancer, Jen Deluca, as the guest instructor for Tampa Floorplay on Sat, Feb 25th!

2 lessons to choose from and over 4 hours of social dancing!

 $12 includes lesson, dance, water, soda, snacks, desserts, PIZZA, late night ice cream treats and door prizes!

Bayou Dance Club 6541 102nd Ave N, Pinellas Park

Danielle Blouin| 813-390-2556| tampafl...@gmail.com

***************************

SUBJECT: NEW DANCE VIDEO

FROM: Lisa McCammon

Thanks to everyone for the positive response to The Release, the easy beginner dance which I co-wrote with Curtis Smith, an online friend. We had a great time working together and there's a story behind how this dance came to be, but email me if you want to hear it.

In response to several comments, I have re-edited the demo video to remove my cueing. You can watch the new one if you want to hear the music better, or the original if you want to hear narration about the steps.

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/the-release-ID116413.aspx

Happy dancing from Lisa and Curtis

*********************************

Subject:  Good Times Line Dance Winter Workshop, Spring Hill, FL. Jan. 20, 2018

From:  Marilyn Richardson (mimi2...@gmail.com)

The 5th annual Good Times Line Dance Winter Workshop will go on, but the location has changed.

The date is Saturday, January 20, 2018.  Norma Rankin hosted this event at the Brookridge Community in Brooksville, FL. for the past 4 years but has decided she can no longer do it.  Tom Knight and I are going to try and fill her immense shoes!!  The workshop will be held at the VFW Post 10209 at 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive in Spring Hill instead.  So please mark your calendars for this fun-filled event that is geared towards beginner and improver dancers. We have a whole new lineup of instructors and a catered lunch will still be included.  You can email or call Tom Knight or myself for further information and/or a registration form.

Tom Knight (tknig...@live.com) 727-247-3040

Marilyn Richardson (mimi2...@gmail.com) 352-263-2774

*************************************

SUBJECT:  SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA DANCE-A-THON, February 24-26, 2017 (Danville, VA)

FROM: Bonnie Mathews, linedan...@nc.rr.com

Join us for the first of three 2017 intermediate/advanced level Dance-A-Thons in Danville, VA on February 24-26.  Event director Harold Logan invites you to join instructors Bonnie Mathews, Sue Ann Ehmann, Andi Earls and Brenna Stith for a fun-filled weekend.  We begin on Friday night from 7 to 11 with an all request dance party ($5) djed by the one-and-only Mary Kaye Johnson.  This will be held at the Pepsi Building.  The workshop begins on Saturday morning at The Ballou Recreation Center, 760 West Main Street (registration starts at 9:30) and runs from 10 to 5, with a break for lunch.  We dance that night at Ballou from 7 to 11 and return Sunday from 9:30 to 1:30 for more classes.  Cost for the weekend is $30 in advance or $35 at the door.  Saturday only is $25.  The host hotel is The Comfort Inn & Suites, 100 Tower Drive in Danville.  Phone:  434-793-2000.  They have given Harold a special rate of $75 per night, plus tax.  To preregister, call Cindy Jones at Ballou--434-799-5216.  Her email is:  jon...@danvilleva.gov.  If you have any questions about the event itself, please contact me at the above email address.

The summer workshop will be June 23-25 and the last one for the year will be September 8-10.  Dancin' Dean will be our guest instructor for both weekends.

On behalf of Harold, Cindy and all the other instructors, we hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you soon.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven