World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 8/30 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

TKA...@aol.com

Aug 30, 2017, 10:19:51 AM8/30/17
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.   TODAY!

Wednesday 8/30

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

SUBJECT:  ULTIMATE PACKING LIST

FROM:  ME

I saw this list and wanted to share for all of you who travel to events.  I always have a packing list and it makes it so quick to pack because you just get things together and don't have to do too much of "I hope I don't forget anything."  Here is a really good one to use if you don't have one of your own.

https://www.smartertravel.com/2013/01/24/the-ultimate-packing-list/

****************************

SUBJECT: 2017 HOTLANTA LINE DANCE JAM PLAYLIST

FROM: Stacy J Garcia, stacy...@gmail.com

Many thanks to Jamie Leick, Ann Pettit, Kathleen Wheeler and Hazel Holifield for keeping track of the open dances in the Main Ballroom!!!

Here is the DIRECT link to the 2017 Hotlanta Line Dance Jam playlists on PDF:

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2017-hotlanta-playlist.pdf

Dances Played ALL THREE NIGHTS in MAIN Ballroom:  Ain’t Misbehavin’, Askin’ Questions, Blessed, Boom Pow, Clap Snap, Crash, Give Me the Beat, Handclap, Helium, High On Loving You (HOLY), Holdin’ Me Back, I Don’t Mind, Lady In Red, Let It Out, Levels, Make It Shake, More Dessert, Mr Put It Down, Off The Chain, Oops Baby, Pieces, Pink Champagne, Power Mix, Run Me Like A River, Serious Love, Shady, Shape Of You/The Shape Of You, She Used To Be Mine, Slowly Gently Softly (SGS), So Just Dance Dance Dance/Sunshine In My Pocket, Somewhere With You, Stomp Your Feet, Straight To The Castle, Strip It Down, Sugar Honey I.T., Take Me To the River, Tick Tick Boom, Trespassing, Whip It.

Dances from Carol’s August 20th Survey with at least 10 votes or more were played in open:

Change My Ways/Jose Miguel Belloque Vane & Roy Verdonk/Adv: Fri & Sat nights

Clap Snap/Rebecca Lee & Philip Sobrielo/Int: all 3 nights

I Am Your Man/Fred Whitehouse & Niels Poulsen/Int: Fri night

Kissing Strangers/Rachael McEnaney-White & Simon Ward/Int: Thurs & Sat nights

Lady In Red/Simon Ward/Adv: all 3 nights

Let It Out/Rachael McEnaney-White/Int-Adv: all 3 nights

Love Remains/Gary O'Reilly/H Int: Thurs & Fri nights

Run Me Like A River/ Kinsers, Guillaume Richard, Roy Verdonk & Jef Camps/L Adv: all 3 nights

Serious Love/Scott Blevins & Megan Wheeler/P Adv: all 3 nights

Shady/Darren Bailey, Amy Glass, Fred Whitehouse/Int: all 3 nights

Slowly, Gently, Softly (SGS)/Gary O'Reilly/Int: all 3 nights

Strip That Down/Maggie Gallagher & Tim Johnson/H Int: all 3 nights

Throwback Love/Pim Grootel, Jose Miguel, Raymond Sarlemijn, JP Madge/P Int: Fri & Sat nights

Woo Woo/Rachael McEnaney-White/Adv: Thurs & Sat nights

Stacy J Garcia

stacy...@gmail.com

World Line Dance Newsletter Website

www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

****************************

RE:  Hotlanta Line Dance Jam, Atlanta, Georgia

FROM:  JC Dance Productions, inc

It's always a bit stressful when you take on the responsibility of running a new line dance event but…. WOW!!! The first year of the Hotlanta Line Dance Jam is in the books and it turned out better than we ever imagined.

When we toured the Atlanta Marriott, we knew it was the perfect space for us. We were nervous that it would live up to the "HOT" name but we were extremely happy that they kept our ballrooms cool all weekend. The staff at the hotel had such sweet "southern hospitality" charm and made us all feel so welcome. One thing we were pleasantly surprised with was the food onsite - everything we ate there was delicious and not too crazy expensive. Getting to the hotel from the airport was a breeze, and just a quick and short seven minute ride.

Our instructors and DJ's were AMAZING. They were so approachable and several attendees commented to us about how excited they were to be able to speak to the instructors and dance along side them each night (and they were out late, too!) Louie St. George and JP Potter did a great job with the main ballroom and Kelly Cavallaro kept the beginner room dancing later than usual. It was nice to see all the beginners staying up late and having so much fun. Thank you Jamie Marshall for choreographing the instructor number for the show. You are the best!

Congratulations to all USLDCC competitors. You were ALL great!!! I can't believe how much tougher the competition is and we are so glad that we don't have to judge!

We are blessed to have the most loyal and wonderful friends that volunteer for us at multiple events. From packet parties - to registration staff - to doors - to floors, each of you make our life SOOOO much easier.

There are two key people that we couldn't live without and that's the "Kelly's" (Kelly Cavallaro & Kellie Harford). They work tirelessly for JC Dance Productions all year round. They get our dance floors where they need to be, lay them down, run the live stream, produce the videos, take the pictures, DJ and pretty much do anything we ask. You two are appreciated more than you know!

To all the attendees… I know you have many choices when it comes to dance events and we appreciate you choosing to spend your weekend with us. It was fantastic to see so many new faces as well as the attendees that continually support our events.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email us at: jcdancepr...@gmail.com

If you would like to order videos, visit:  http://www.se7enarrowfilms.com

If you would like to order pictures, visit: http://www.kelliechristine.com

Please join us for our next event - Florida Line Dance Classic in Orlando, Florida. November 30 - December3

Check out the website for more information at: www.JCDanceProductions.com

*******************************

SUBJECT:  Dancin’ with Marilyn, Ocala, FL

FROM:  Marilyn McNeal, BoarsN...@aol.com

As August comes to an end, I want to thank all those who have attended my

Wednesday classes this summer at the Medical Health Center on SW 17th Street.

After consulting with the local instructors and friends who will be resuming classes in September, I will be keeping these Wednesday classes at the same times this Fall, as there is no conflict with upcoming schedules.

September/October classes offered are:

Introduction to Line Dance at 11am followed by Beginner Line Dance from 12 to 1PM.  Must be age 55 and above to participate in these FREE line dance classes.  Please call Brenda Williams at (352) 812-2059.

Intermediate-Advanced class 5:00-7:30PM on Wednesday nights.

No registration or age limit required. Class charge is $5.00. Please bring your own drinks.

Classes resume at On Top of the World on Monday, September 11, and I'm really looking forward to dancing with all of you again!  Four levels to choose from, according to your ability. Must be a resident at OTOW to participate and have the monthly pass. I have a great selection of new dances to teach you!  Information is available at the Recreation Office, and see Nora to register!

 ********************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

29 August 2017 Edition

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

PLEASE send any future items to: atlantada...@gmail.com    THANKS

From:  Norma, Brooksville FL, nerb...@tampabay.rr.com

Subject:  Line Dancing at Brookridge

Intermediate Class 8/29/17, 11:00 AM –1:00 PM@ $6

(All review preparing for our Social 9/9/17, 6:30-9:30 PM @ $5.)

1.    Lonely Drum / Mitchell

2.    California / Albro

3.    Blessed / Miranda

4.    Slow Burn 17 / Glover

5.    Funky Sole / Hickie & Winson

6.    Drunken Dreams / Whitehouse & Poulsen

7.    Work Work / Fowler & Bailey

8.    Jesse James / McI-White

9.    The Queen / Lemaire, Richard & Bachellerie

10.  Country High / Gifford

11.  Take Me To The River / Verdonk & Dahlgreen

12.  Central Standard Time / Albro

13.  If I Told You / Stone

All dancers are welcome to join us 9/9/17.  Any questions

about our Social, or our Line Dance Program, e-mail or

call me at (352) 397-6088............Norma

~dance til you drop~  *God Bless Texas*

**********************************

SUBJECT:  ONE DAY WORKSHOP AT BACKROADS SALOON, MARSHALL, MI

FROM:  JASON MILLER

Please join us on Saturday, September 9th as we present a one day workshop with John Robinson, Judy McDonald, & Derek Steele.

The workshop will be held at Backroads Saloon in Marshall, Michigan

$45 pre-register, includes the workshop, lunch (pizza. salad bar, and one pop), and evening admission to the club.  $55 to register at the door.

Doors open at 9:30am and the workshop will begin around 10:00am and go until 5:00pm.  Lunch break will be around 1:00pm.

You may bring in any snacks for the day you wish but no beverages may be carried in.  The bar will be open during the workshop and we have negotiated a special price of $1 for bottled water for the workshop hours only.

We have negotiated a special price of $49.99, good for Friday & Saturday nights, at the Arbor Inn next door to Backroads.  Call the hotel direct and mention "Fall In Line" to get the special room rate.  (269) 781-7772.  There is also a Comfort Inn across the street as well.

You can a flyer and registration form, or register online, at our website:  http://www.mcdcevent.com/

*********************************

SUBJECT:  MOTOR CITY DANCE CLASSIC

FROM:  JASON MILLER

Join us October 26-29, 2017 for the third annual  Motor City Dance Classic.

We are thrilled to introduce our line up.  Making his only scheduled US appearance in 2017 will be the one and only Darren Bailey.

Darren joins our already amazing line up of instructors and DJs:

~Fred Whitehouse~ ~John Robinson~ ~Rhoda Lai~ ~Jamie Marshall~ ~Jill Babinec~ ~ ~Rona Kaye~ ~Joanne Brady~ ~Tina Foster~ ~Lynne Martino~ ~Rosie Multari~ ~Debi Pancoast~ ~Lynn Card~ ~Amy Glass~ ~Melissa Culbertson~ ~Michael Diven~ ~Derek Steele~ ~JP Potter~

The workshop will once again be held at the beautiful Wyndham Garden Sterling Heights.  We are happy to extend a special room rate of $109 for the event for two queen beds or $99 for one king bed. The hotel has Free Wi-Fi, refrigerators and microwaves in each room.  You must call the hotel direct to get the special room rate. Reservation # 800-953-1400 and ask for the MCDC/Steelmill room rate.  You can also book online at . https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/groups/mcdc-steelmill-dance

  You can register online at our website or print out and mail it in.

www.motorcitydanceclassic.com

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:
SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)
FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

ADD YOUR EVENTS/SEMINARS/SOCIALS/DANCE CRUISES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_event_calendar.html
ADD/DELETE YOUR CLASSES WITH THIS FORM: http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/form_wtd.html
TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.
Carol Craven